Latest Forbes Teams Valuations - Cowboys Still On Top By A Lot

EGTuna

Reaction score
Jerry has numerous gas, oil and land interests, his money doesn't just come from the Cowboys. The point that @DallasEast was making is that Jerry has created revenue streams within the NFL that other teams have not and have grown and expanded.them.

You saying he has gas and oil interests isn’t evidence. Also how much rev per annum? The claims were as much or more than Cowboys related $.

So Jerry sued for the right to use the Cowboys name and brand as his own personal piggy bank. Got it. Jerry’s a clown and the #1 reason this team hasn’t sniffed an NFc CG in 28 years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You saying he has gas and oil interests isn’t evidence. Also how much rev per annum? The claims were as much or more than Cowboys related $.

So Jerry sued for the right to use the Cowboys name and brand as his own personal piggy bank. Got it. Jerry’s a clown and the #1 reason this team hasn’t sniffed an NFc CG in 28 years.
I am trying to get a better understanding of your request for evidence. Are you stating Jerry Jones does not pull in revenue into his franchise that is far in excess of every out NFL owner?

I wish I had a breakdown of every revenue stream and amounts earned at Jones' disposal. From each corporate sponsorship deal. To real estate. To apparel sales. Etc. I do not. Forbes valuations may not be exact as well but they go virtually uncontested and are universally accepted.

Is there a counter-argument for how much Jones is seemingly and clearly eclipsing other owners and their franchises in terms of revenue? Just trying to see what I am missing...

EGTuna

Reaction score
I am trying to get a better understanding of your request for evidence. Are you stating Jerry Jones does not pull in revenue into his franchise that is far in excess of every out NFL owner?

I wish I had a breakdown of every revenue stream and amounts earned at Jones' disposal. From each corporate sponsorship deal. To real estate. To apparel sales. Etc. I do not. Forbes valuations may not be exact as well but they go virtually uncontested and are universally accepted.

Is there a counter-argument for how much Jones is seemingly and clearly eclipsing other owners and their franchises in terms of revenue? Just trying to see what I am missing...
I’m saying any moron with half a brain can market and make $ off the Cowboys name/brand. I’m not saying he makes less than other owners. I’m saying he makes the biggest chunk of his but by leasing out the Cowboys brand to anyone and everyone willing to pay for “sponsorship” OR he uses his exclusivity that he was able to abuse the legal system to obtain. It’s gross. Just like Jerry. He cares more about the bottom line than winning. He cares about winning, but only on his ill-conceived terms.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m saying any moron with half a brain can market and make $ off the Cowboys name/brand. I’m not saying he makes less than other owners. I’m saying he makes the biggest chunk of his but by leasing out the Cowboys brand to anyone and everyone willing to pay for “sponsorship” OR he uses his exclusivity that he was able to abuse the legal system to obtain. It’s gross. Just like Jerry. He cares more about the bottom line than winning. He cares about winning, but only on his ill-conceived terms.
I would agree that it is a gross accumulation of wealth but he is not breaking any business rule in doing so. Perhaps it is true any moron can match what Jones has done monetarily with the Cowboys brand but there is no way of realistically testing that assumption.

I dislike playing devil's advocate on Jerry Jones' behalf but do think every other NFL owner should likewise be labeled as morons under the circumstances. They have always attempted to do what Jones has done but with less success. They are handicapped not having the Cowboys brand to capitalize upon though.

That said, I am not touching the 'abusing the legal system' stuff. Those types of sub-discussions typically deteriorate into sinkholes that cannot be reversed by neither man nor beast, lol.

EGTuna

Reaction score
I would agree that it is a gross accumulation of wealth but he is not breaking any business rule in doing so. Perhaps it is true any moron can match what Jones has done monetarily with the Cowboys brand but there is no way of realistically testing that assumption.

I dislike playing devil's advocate on Jerry Jones' behalf but do think every other NFL owner should likewise be labeled as morons under the circumstances. They have always attempted to do what Jones has done but with less success. They are handicapped not having the Cowboys brand to capitalize upon though.

That said, I am not touching the 'abusing the legal system' stuff. Those types of sub-discussions typically deteriorate into sinkholes that cannot be reversed by neither man nor beast, lol.
All fair points that I appreciate. Well said. Jerry angers up the blood, man. Just hire a GM! Alas.

Chasing6

Reaction score

One example is the NFL is sponsored by Coca Cola and the Cowboys are sponsored by Pepsi.