Latest Forbes Teams Valuations - Cowboys Still On Top By A Lot

EGTuna

Reaction score
link

Operating income is an accounting figure that measures the amount of profit realized from a business's operations after deducting operating expenses such as wages, depreciation, and cost of goods sold (COGS).​
Operating income—also called income from operations—takes a company's gross income, which is equivalent to total revenue minus COGS, and subtracts all operating expenses. A business's operating expenses are costs incurred from normal operating activities and include items such as office supplies and utilities.​

Jerry Jones has created revenue streams that greatly outproduces all of his individual competitors' revenue sources (e.g. other teams).
What other revenue streams produce > $1.14b per year that are unrelated to the Cowboys brand or partnerships with the Cowboys? You’ve made this claim without evidence so far/

I agree with you; Jerry cares about winning, but only if it’s on his terms , which hasn’t worked in 27.5 years because of his inability to hire a real GM.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That should be true. But we are approaching 30 long years and they are still going strong.
The Joneses are stuck in their ways because they keep getting richer and the team continues to become more popular. Jerry may be a crappy GM but he’s a great businessman who knows how to keep the Cowboys relevant despite the 30 year rut they’re in.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't see it as that as much as other fans. I see it more they don't know how to go about it, as much as they think they do. :laugh:

It is like running a business in a way, depending the business. I used to own a bar. I always had patrons giving suggestions and ideas thinking they could do a better job.
Most ideas were not feasible of course, some were ok, but still would take time and money to implement.
Most were comparing what big corporation type franchises do compared to a small hometown bar, one owner proprietor. Big money vs. small money.

Anyway fans on here as we all have our own opinion, many think they can run the entire team better. But truth is, they really can't. Some have good ideas to do better, many are far fetched. Just like the ones I got owning the bar.
I am sure you opened the bar because you thought you could do it better than someone else.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sure you opened the bar because you thought you could do it better than someone else.
I bought the bar as it was already established. The owner wanted to retire. And had no intentions nor thought I could do better.
However the business did pick up for the 5 years I had it. I also had a full time job. Sold it as I needed to travel for my work again, and I did not want to try to run it from out of state. Sold it to a family member. That was 14 years ago. And it is still doing very well. And yes, even better than when I had it. As she can spend full time running it. I could not.

However since you seem to be negative all the time, I am not surprised by your answer to try to insult me. It didn’t work.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I bought the bar as it was already established. The owner wanted to retire. And had no intentions nor thought I could do better.
However the business did pick up for the 5 years I had it. I also had a full time job. Sold it as I needed to travel for my work again, and I did not want to try to run it from out of state. Sold it to a family member. That was 14 years ago. And it is still doing very well. And yes, even better than when I had it. As she can spend full time running it. I could not.

However since you seem to be negative all the time, I am not surprised by your answer to try to insult me. It didn’t work.
How is that being negative? Why would you buy a business if you you thought you would make it worse.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is that being negative? Why would you buy a business if you you thought you would make it worse.
I knew it would not be worse. I knew it could be better. But I did not buy it thinking I was better. As that was the way am sure you meant it.

I knew it would be better, because the owner was letting things go and slide, as business was going down because of it. It needed some money put back into it, to bring customers back for the karaoke and bands. She stopped doing that.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

tenor.gif

Doesn't make sense for an organization that has gone over 3 decades without an NFC Championship....................LOL!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The evidence is, why would an owner not care about winning. You make more money when you win.

I guess I think differently, than others, in a good way.
Looking at that list, it doesn't look necessarily true. KC has won several Super Bowls recently, but still rank in the bottom third in value and have less revenue than teams like the Browns, Jets, Texans, Falcons. Some of those teams have never won anything or won anything in decades. In spite of all the winning on the field, financially speaking, the Chiefs aren't much more successful than the Panthers or Jags.

Fans want to think it's a Sport first, but make no mistake, it's a business and their primary goal is to grow the business.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I don't need to tell myself anything. I am correct. The fan myth is just another way some want to hate on this organization.
It may look like hate in some cases, but I think many fans are just looking at behaviour and connecting it to results.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What other revenue streams produce > $1.14b per year that are unrelated to the Cowboys brand or partnerships with the Cowboys? You’ve made this claim without evidence so far/

I agree with you; Jerry cares about winning, but only if it’s on his terms , which hasn’t worked in 27.5 years because of his inability to hire a real GM.
Decades ago, there were lawsuits involved, but Jerry gained the ability to merchandise and license apart from the NFL. The Cowboys have their own platform apart from the NFL for merchandise. Instead of getting a slice of the pie, along with other NFL teams, from endorsements from companies like Coke and VISA, Jerry got his own pie with deals from companies like Pepsi and American Express. Regardless of product, there is likely an "Official Sponsor for The Dallas Cowboys" for that product, whether it be tacos, bricks, blue jeans, or food delivery service.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Decades ago, there were lawsuits involved, but Jerry gained the ability to merchandise and license apart from the NFL. The Cowboys have their own platform apart from the NFL for merchandise. Instead of getting a slice of the pie, along with other NFL teams, from endorsements from companies like Coke and VISA, Jerry got his own pie with deals from companies like Pepsi and American Express. Regardless of product, there is likely an "Official Sponsor for The Dallas Cowboys" for that product, whether it be tacos, bricks, blue jeans, or food delivery service.
Still waiting for the examples of revenue streams unrelated and untethered to the Cowboys that exceed $1.14b.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Still waiting for the examples of revenue streams unrelated and untethered to the Cowboys that exceed $1.14b.
Jerry has numerous gas, oil and land interests, his money doesn't just come from the Cowboys. The point that @DallasEast was making is that Jerry has created revenue streams within the NFL that other teams have not and have grown and expanded.them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I really dont care how much cowboys are worth or merch sales. Tired of hearing about that.
Big deal, doesnt change what happens on the field.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank Tex and Tom for laying the foundation and then the Minnesota Vikings for giving us the moon for Hershal.
:cool: