Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
He's been told that when he posts this type of stuff it is taken as having to do with his knee whether that is the intent or not. He acknowledged the understanding when Fisher pointed it out.

He may be religious but he is also is into marketing down to the slogans and catch phrases. He knows exactly what he is doing in building up hype. The question is if there is any substance to it.

,,, or maybe he's just spreading the word. A word like "redemption" isn't easily misconstrued as being nerve rehab related, you'd have to suppress all logic and reason to arrive there!

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No but getting upset going :"good grief" over a simple message.
I didn't see the upset part. It just seemed like an acknowledgment that Jaylon probably knows he's messing a little with the fans. It's playful. Doesn't hurt anyone. And in the end, the underlying news is probably good. How good? We don't know.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not talking about media approval. I am saying that he knows that when he makes these types of tweets that right wrong or indifferent people take it as related to the knee. We know he knows it because of how Fisher asked his question.

IOW, if he is posting this type of stuff and his knee situation hasn't changed then he knows he is misleading people.

What I think is that he isn't trying to mislead people, he seems like a nice guy, but he is being instructed by the club to keep his rehab progress under wraps. That lines up with how cagey the HC of the team is about injuries and rehab. OTOH, if he loves himself and football and his peroneal is progressing then it would make sense that he is excited as heck about it. He does know how to market himself and does so actively after all.

It also helps that there are pics of him playing with his nieces without the brace on.

Putting the word Redemption, Is misleading people? I'm sorry I think it is other people problem. I don't see anything in what he posted that is misleading or telling about anything. People choose to see what they want to see.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
,,, or maybe he's just spreading the word. A word like "redemption" isn't easily misconstrued as being nerve rehab related, you'd have to suppress all logic and reason to arrive there!

Exactly. Seeing the word redemption and trying to make it out to be about his knee is getting to be a stretch.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I didn't see the upset part. It just seemed like an acknowledgment that Jaylon probably knows he's messing a little with the fans. It's playful. Doesn't hurt anyone. And in the end, the underlying news is probably good. How good? We don't know.

It was 1 word why would you think it has to do with his knee? Was the post about the catfish about his knee also? You guys seem to be making it out to be about his knee why because you choose to.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Putting the word Redemption, Is misleading people? I'm sorry I think it is other people problem. I don't see anything in what he posted that is misleading or telling about anything. People choose to see what they want to see.
Maybe misleading is the wrong word here, but Jaylon undoubtedly knows what he is doing. Not "misleading", but it is "leading". Vague tweets like "redemption" can be easily construed as being related to his progress. To a degree,it is marketing. It's causing a buzz, but not in a bad way.

waldoputty

Reaction score

He was asked numerous questions with his first tweet, at which point he said that he can see how people can interpret his tweets.
A few days, comes "god's timing"
Then today, "redemption"
Redemption means "action of regaining or gaining possession of something"
He must know that these tweets can be interpret in many ways, and fans are likely to interpret it as a sign of his recover.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Redemption means getting back something that you have lost.

Are you going to acknowledge the response to Fish's question or not?

It doesn't matter what you think. Try some empathy and try to figure what other people might make of something; whether its valid or not is besides the point.

Are you going to deny that when he makes these cryptic tweets there are a whole lot of people who take it as meaning that it relates to his injury? ARe you going to deny that he understand that dynamic?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Maybe misleading is the wrong word here, but Jaylon undoubtedly knows what he is doing. Vague tweets like "redemption" can be easily construed as being related to his progress. To a degree,it is marketing. It's causing a buzz, but not in a bad way.

Yes it is marketing, but remember the story of the boy who cried wolf.
Jaylon is not stupid and should know that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe misleading is the wrong word here, but Jaylon undoubtedly knows what he is doing. Not "misleading", but it is "leading". Vague tweets like "redemption" can be easily construed as being related to his progress. To a degree,it is marketing. It's causing a buzz, but not in a bad way.

What Drake Redemption? the Movie redemption? No doubt people have very vivid imaginations. If he wanted to get some buzz going or misleading he could have posted a lot of other things that actually have to do with his health

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes it is marketing, but remember the story of the boy who cried wolf.
Jaylon is not stupid and should know that.

The boy who cried wolf was very direct in his cries. Therefore, after his cries proved to be false, future cries were ignored. These are intentionally vague and only clear in that they reflect some sort of good news. If these are proven false, then there's an issue. At this point all we have is increased hope in the outcome. These HINTS are not crying wolf in any fashion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Redemption means getting back something that you have lost.

Are you going to acknowledge the response to Fish's question or not?

It doesn't matter what you think. Try some empathy and try to figure what other people might make of something; whether its valid or not is besides the point.

Are you going to deny that when he makes these cryptic tweets there are a whole lot of people who take it as meaning that it relates to his injury? ARe you going to deny that he understand that dynamic?

He makes posting on his twitter account I don't blame him for idiots who read why too much into it. Hell that seems to be there problem not his. I think you guys make why too much out of stupid things. That is what I think.

When he is ready to come back and that will be news until then this other BS is in people own head and what they choose to think or believe.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What Drake Redemption? the Movie redemption? No doubt people have very vivid imaginations. If he wanted to get some buzz going or misleading he could have posted a lot of other things that actually have to do with his health
But he can't be specific. He probably is under orders to not be direct about his progress. That's right in line with how the Cowboys work. In fact, if he was being direct, that would be a bigger problem. Then he'd be accountable if the best case doesn't come to pass.

There's a difference between being misleading and hinting. He knows exactly what he is doing, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The boy who cried wolf was very direct in his cries. Therefore, after his cries proved to be false, future cries were ignored. These are intentionally vague and only clear in that they reflect some sort of good news. If these are proven false, then there's an issue. At this point all we have is increased hope in the outcome. These HINTS are not crying wolf in any fashion.

It is his personal life really does he need to explain every single thing he does or says or? You guys are putting way to much into this

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

re·demp·tion
rəˈdem(p)SH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.
Yeah its a real stretch.

waldoputty

Reaction score
But he can't be specific. He probably is under orders to not be direct about his progress. That's right in line with how the Cowboys work. In fact, if he was being direct, that would be a bigger problem. Then he'd be accountable if the best case doesn't come to pass.

There's a difference between being misleading and hinting. He knows exactly what he is doing, and there's nothing wrong with it.

This is a conclusion that many, including Fuz and I, have been coming to.
Because if it is marketing, it is not good marketing.
Only the most rabid fans would be following this.
With those fans, he does not need to do any marketing.
In general, Jaylon is plenty big, and does not need marketing in the next few months.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

And all you are doing is guessing. He is probably under orders? You don't know that which goes back to people and their own personal hang ups. There is no hidden message here. When he is ready to return he will return it is that simple but to act as if there is some hidden message in any little thing he post

Status
Not open for further replies.