Twitter: Laufenberg says Gilbert and DiNucci are done

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks would be a better QB than our backups.

Schutt-Football-Helmets-4.jpg

Looks like a better QB than Dinooch

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Gilbert had the 1st team OL protecting him. After 10 snaps, he was replaced by Rush, who also had the benefit of the 1st team OL.

By the time the Nooch got put in, it was 3rd stringers.

Rush did look best, but he's been in the league 4 years. Gilbert has been in since the wheel.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What I didn't understand about that game was why did they give DiNucchi the entire 2nd half of the game? :thumbdown:

Perhaps they wanted to give DiNucci a chance to prove to McCarthy that he wasn't worthy of keeping around?! Just a wild guess.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Cowboys not gonna trade for that Foles contract.
He'd have to be cut outright, and Cowboys then would have to outbid for his services, .. still quite iffy but if they were able to surprisingly sign FA vet Andy Dalton for
last year for a one year deal ..
Maybe the Bears and pick up some of the salary, if they have cap space the cowboys offer something other than the seventh round pick

quickccc

Reaction score
Maybe the Bears and pick up some of the salary, if they have cap space the cowboys offer something other than the seventh round pick

with other NFL teams also scrambling for proven, experienced NFL backup help, Cowboys gonna be a likelihood of outbidding other teams for Foles services.
which includes sizeable salary, and a richer draft picks that would have at least to be "conditional "
i very much doubt a 7th rd pick would do it.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Mike talked like Gilbert and Rush were neck and neck but didn't sound enthused about either one. Personally I wish they'd find someone on another team because neither is any good.

Dinucci isn't even worth mentioning. He's not even fit for a practice squad.

Guy is a spare tbh.