Signed by Cowboys Lawrence contract extended

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cant answer the question in the post can you.....or dont want to.....DLAW is SMOKE and MIRRORS....does a great disappearing act and collects paychecks

The Cowboys' defense was significantly better in games Lawrence played in 2021. It's not all about sacks. It's about pressures, stopping the run, setting the edge, drawing blockers' attention, etc.. Lawrence might rub some people the wrong way but the players in the locker room recognize how hard he works and see him as a leader. If the Cowboys got rid of him it would have a negative effect across the board.

Majic

Reaction score
Do you still not understand what $30 million guaranteed means yet? They are guaranteeing he's getting paid next year.

I'm talking about the cap hit
Do you still not understand what $30 million guaranteed means yet? They are guaranteeing he's getting paid next year.

What is the cap hit if you cut him at the end of next season and designate him a post June cut. Is it more or less than what it was before this deal (and it would be a post june 22 cut)

conner01

Reaction score
Curious to see the cap implications going forward. What's the cap charge for 2022 going to be?

Lawrence is one of our better defensive players. People go gaga over sack totals but Lawrence is by and away the best DL we have.
14 mil next year
They basically turn a two year 40 mil contract into a 3 year 30 mil contract

conner01

Reaction score
I'm talking about the cap hit

What is the cap hit if you cut him at the end of next season and designate him a post June cut. Is it more or less than what it was before this deal (and it would be a post june 22 cut)
You still have to pay him every Penney

blueblood70

Reaction score
It will be at least a $13.33M/year average if goes 3 years. I think I read the deal was for $40M with $30M guaranteed.
i read 3 years 30mil but maybe all the details arent out yet but that a heck of a lot better then 1yr at 27 and him might be cut soon ..nice compromise