LB Carpenter vs CrazyCowboy

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Look, if as a fan if you wanted Lawson as badly as I did......and you absolutely love the Dallas Cowboys........then Lawson was available in the draft and you see your favorite team pass on him because the excuse given was he has a tool set similiar to DeMarcus Ware and we needed someone who was a little more solid against the run......B.S.

OK--so we draft Carpenter (and I don't hate him), so I get over the disappointment. I am pulling for Carp all preseason to hit something/anybody/anything......don't really see any hard hits out of him......then I see Lawson attacking the ball carrier/QB's you name it for friggin SF!

YES.......I am disappointed.....and hope Carpenter will prove me wrong! :ralph:

I cannot believe so many of you ZONER Carpenter Homers (who I have a great deal of respect for your football insight) continue to take up for this draft mistake! You Zoners know who you are! Please take off the blinders.....as of today this guy has shown absolutely NOTHING!

I always wanted Leftwich over Newman, and for a long time I thought that Newman was going to have to catch up to Leftwich.

Now I consider them even - Newman is a rare talent and phenomenal, but Leftwich > Bledsoe IMO, at least for our team.

Just trying to point out - Carpenter still has time to grow into a very good player. Just tap those brakes a bit.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Look, if as a fan if you wanted Lawson as badly as I did......
Well there's your problem right there... You got too invested in drafting a certain guy. You just have to come to terms with the fact that you can't control who we take, and deal with what we have.

Funny that WE'RE the ones with the "blinders," according to you. You wanted Lawson so badly that you can't see that the Cowboys and the Niners are in two different scenarios regarding their defenses. The Niners are rebuilding. We're there... defensively anyways. No rookie LB... including your savior Manny Lawson... would be starting on THIS defense. AJ Hawk, Wimbley, Sims, Greenway... none of them. Once you can see that, you'll get over the instant gratification feeling you have right now.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I always wanted Leftwich over Newman, and for a long time I thought that Newman was going to have to catch up to Leftwich.

Now I consider them even - Newman is a rare talent and phenomenal, but Leftwich > Bledsoe IMO, at least for our team.

Just trying to point out - Carpenter still has time to grow into a very good player. Just tap those brakes a bit.

Crown Royal,

This was the post of the day for this entire thread! Congrats :bow:

I also wanted Leftwich at the time because of the state of our QB position at the time. However, Newman showed us something in training camp......during preseason games......etc.

I am the first to admit, I hope and pray to be wrong about Carpenter and hope he ends up in the Pro BowL! I would love to say I am wrong about this player......

The only thing I can figure is that the change of position is really got him thinking INSTEAD of reacting to his assignments. And he will get it a little better each week.......:bang2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
With 20/20 hindsight, at this point I think I would have preferred Chad Jackson.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Well there's your problem right there... You got too invested in drafting a certain guy. You just have to come to terms with the fact that you can't control who we take, and deal with what we have.

Funny that WE'RE the ones with the "blinders," according to you. You wanted Lawson so badly that you can't see that the Cowboys and the Niners are in two different scenarios regarding their defenses. The Niners are rebuilding. We're there... defensively anyways. No rookie LB... including your savior Manny Lawson... would be starting on THIS defense. AJ Hawk, Wimbley, Sims, Greenway... none of them. Once you can see that, you'll get over the instant gratification feeling you have right now.

You have some valid points there.... I do admit to getting to wound up in trying to figure out who we should draft.....I remember being so upset when we did not take Moss over Ellis......it was hard

Especially, ever time we faced Moss and he lite us up like a Christmas tree with all those TD's receptions.....wow, I still get sad thinking about what if!

I may not watch the draft next year...........naw....not really....just sounded good at the time....hahaha

GO COWBOYS.......oh, did I tell you ZONERS.....I really believe this team will win the Super Bowl this year! Bank on it! :lombardi:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
theogt said:
With 20/20 hindsight, at this point I think I would have preferred Chad Jackson.

With his speed and considering the age of our WR and the production of Carpenter....then I add it all up......you are not totally wrong with that thinking!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CrazyCowboy said:
You have some valid points there.... I do admit to getting to wound up in trying to figure out who we should draft.....I remember being so upset when we did not take Moss over Ellis......it was hard

Especially, ever time we faced Moss and he lite us up like a Christmas tree with all those TD's receptions.....wow, I still get sad thinking about what if!

I may not watch the draft next year...........naw....not really....just sounded good at the time....hahaha

GO COWBOYS.......oh, did I tell you ZONERS.....I really believe this team will win the Super Bowl this year! Bank on it! :lombardi:

Damn! Did you take some speed or some kind of drugs? This is the most words I have ever seen you post!

About Carpenter...Parcells knows defense, and he knows that Ellis is not going to be around forever, so he's laying the foundation for the future.

Not all 1st round picks are going to start and make an impact all the time!

Patience, grasshopper...patience...! It's pretty damn good that the Cowboys have a FIRST ROUND PICK on the second team...that just proves how good the Cowboys are on defense, not an indictment of Carpenter...!

Now then...go wash that paint off your freaking face! Oh...and do the dishes and sweep the floor while your at it...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Damn! Did you take some speed or some kind of drugs? This is the most words I have ever seen you post!

About Carpenter...Parcells knows defense, and he knows that Ellis is not going to be around forever, so he's laying the foundation for the future.

Not all 1st round picks are going to start and make an impact all the time!

Patience, grasshopper...patience...! It's pretty damn good that the Cowboys have a FIRST ROUND PICK on the second team...that just proves how good the Cowboys are on defense, not an indictment of Carpenter...!

Now then...go wash that paint off your freaking face! Oh...and do the dishes and sweep the floor while your at it...

Before the speed wears off, ref your 2nd para, if Ellis not going to be around for ever.....then wouldn't it make since to leave Carpenter behind Ellis in his familiar LB spot on the outside? Why confuse the kid?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CrazyCowboy said:
Before the speed wears off, ref your 2nd para, if Ellis not going to be around for ever.....then wouldn't it make since to leave Carpenter behind Ellis in his familiar LB spot on the outside? Why confuse the kid?

I don't think he's getting confused...I thnk he's learning how to be an NFL player, and learning new positions that are more suited to his style of play.

This will only make him more valuable to learn different positions on the defense. If he is already familiar with the LB spot, what is wrong with teaching him a new position?

He can become a more complete player if he knows one or two, maybe even three positions on defense...

It's called teaching...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:

i agree with this crazy cowboy.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
It's his first year, give him a break.

Give CC, a break, it's clear his heart breaks every night, when he has to blow up his Manny Lawson life-size doll, then dress it in a Cowboys jersey, then take it to bed with him...

Hades hath no fury like a Lawson lover scorned...

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Give CC, a break, it's clear his heart breaks every night, when he has to blow up his Manny Lawson life-size doll, then dress it in a Cowboys jersey, then take it to bed with him...

Hades hath no fury like a Lawson lover scorned...

Excuse me while I try and wipe that from my mind...

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Who has the most tackles for the Cowboys so far this year?

If you guessed CrazyCowboy, your not completely wrong!

We both have ZERO............:lmao2:

Seriously, I hope the ball carrier runs into Carp in the Titans game next week. Surely, with that stable of poor backs Carp can get in on a tackle! :confused:

You'd better hope he tackles a Titan, because if he comes looking for you, he's likely to sprain an ankle trying to catch you, and if that were to happen, the entire Zone would be upset with you for causing the injury to one of the star players.

:laugh2:

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Who has the most tackles for the Cowboys so far this year?

If you guessed CrazyCowboy, your not completely wrong!

We both have ZERO............:lmao2:

Seriously, I hope the ball carrier runs into Carp in the Titans game next week. Surely, with that stable of poor backs Carp can get in on a tackle! :confused:

Thanks. Nice post.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy said:

Nice read, thanks for posting.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Unbeliebale. I lose ONE game of beer pong and suddenly I am not FGod.

I cannot carru everybody.

I am great.

But i neeed teammate to hold his own. Suddendly, I lose, and somehow, no onew wants me as a partner.

ABOVE 90% win percentage in beer pong.

CAREER>

And yet, I am not the first pick.

Bull ****.

I gfeel like Bobby Carpenter.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Vintage said:
Unbeliebale. I lose ONE game of beer pong and suddenly I am not FGod.

I cannot carru everybody.

I am great.

But i neeed teammate to hold his own. Suddendly, I lose, and somehow, no onew wants me as a partner.

ABOVE 90% win percentage in beer pong.

CAREER>

And yet, I am not the first pick.

Bull ****.

I gfeel like Bobby Carpenter.

This is why you don't drink beer :D