LB Rolando McClain reinstated

T-RO

Reaction score
It's 5mil for us to keep him. That's not subject to negotiation.

5mil for a player who has been out of the league 3 years, is 31...and is a drug risk walking...a guy who last said he didn't have the heart for football. And we aren't even able to run him through a preseason test.

Yet this has merited 11 pages of discussion? Good gawd some of you are such fools.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score

5mil for a player who has been out of the league 3 years, is 31...and is a drug risk walking...a guy who last said he didn't have the heart for football. And we aren't even able to run him through a preseason test.

Yet this has merited 11 pages of discussion? Good gawd some of you are such fools.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.
He really has to be hard up for money. I don't see any team willing to touch him. He for sure has no place on the Cowboys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas still has his rights -- if we just got a 7th round pick for him, It'd be better than nada. It only takes one sucker . . .:muttley:

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.
Yeah I didnt like the way he was holding the team hostage and quit. Factor in age and out of the game and its better to just cut ties with him. They are probably hoping they can get a draft pick for him.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Man, he’s a nut job, BUT

There wasn’t much I enjoyed more than watching hims smash RBs and WRs into the ground. Dude is a wrecking ball in the middle.
There was this one hit that he put on frank gore in the 49ers game (the game romo threw 3 picks).....frank gore hit the hole in the middle hard and RoMc met him in that hole and stopped him dead in his tracks.....thats when i said, "holy crap who the heck was that"? Only, i didnt say "crap".

speedkilz88

Reaction score
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...lando-mcclain-wants-to-make-nfl-comeback.html

Jul 12, 2019

Former Crimson Tide All-American linebacker Rolando McClain told AL.com he wants to return to football and is hoping to be signed by an NFL team in time to be able to participate in training camp, which begins for NFL teams later this month.

While McClain hasn’t played in an NFL game since 2015, he is still only 29 years old and underwent a hip surgery in 2016 that fixed a hip impingement issue he had been born with and that had worsened throughout this football career.

“Every time I got in my linebacker position, it was bone on bone grind,” said McClain, who was selected by the Oakland Raiders with the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft. “Not only do I feel good, I’m recovered and I’m rested. I feel better now because I know I’ll be playing with two legs.”

McClain, who returned to school and graduated from Alabama in December 2017, has been living in Alabama and has been going through regular workouts, including early morning sessions in the Alabama weight room.

“I’m nowhere near satisfied with how my professional career has gone," McClain said. "That’s for myself. That’s me looking in the mirror and talking to my boys. Nah, that’s not the taste I want to leave in my mouth.”

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s a shame that he wasn’t reinstated either back in March or April, or about mid season. We could have seen what he had left physically if it was earlier or dangled him as trade bait.

By mid season we might have had a roster opening and could have maybe used him for at least a short period of time. These things never work out for the Cowboys.

I’m just surprised they haven’t also already activated Gregory to force the Cowboys to bump another player off of the 53 man roster.