News: LBS: Steve Young has funny reason for disliking 49ers' Trey Lance trade

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I like seeing this. I really miss the days when rivalry teams actually hated each other, not just the fans. The Cowboys~Cerise-skins rivalry of the 70s was classic and heightened by Diron Talbert’s hate for the Cowboys and Harvey Martin’s vice-versa.
ha cerise, love it

offlimits

Reaction score
I like seeing this. I really miss the days when rivalry teams actually hated each other, not just the fans. The Cowboys~Cerise-skins rivalry of the 70s was classic and heightened by Diron Talbert’s hate for the Cowboys and Harvey Martin’s vice-versa.
A different era... a better era. Basically, a player would play his entire career with one team.

offlimits

Reaction score
Readskins

offlimits

Reaction score
The man has PTSD from the Haley trade. Can't say I can fault him for it. If this trade has anywhere close to the impact of bringing Haley in, I think the 49ers fan base will riot.
Charles Haley still lives in the area. Our daughters both played high school soccer for different high schools. Maybe 2010. Would frequently run into him and he is such a great guy. He confided to me that he would have back pain for the rest of his life. He is in his mid 50's now but without a doubt, they would not have won 3 SBs in the 90's without Haley. Brilliant move by Jones.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's not surprising to me at all that Young would take a pessimistic view of Lance's situation with the Cowboys. His 49ers' history, alone, justifies it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Steve Young just outed himself as an unreliable football analyst. He has a significant bias against Dallas and always has. Take this into consideration when he opines about anything even remotely related to the Dallas Cowboys.