Leadership personified. the Cowboy way

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Added defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence: "I'm gonna let the NFL handle that. I know it's a possibility we see both of these teams in the playoffs. You know hopefully the NFL can sit down with their team, review the film, learn from their mistakes and get better from it."

Dak Prescott said the Cowboys want to see Arizona again: I mean for sure. I mean to get to where we go we’ve got to play the best. Obviously this team right here gave us their best shot and we came up three points short. If we start this tournament off against them we’re excited

“Playing against the refs again, like usual, it seems like an every week occurrence,” said Randy Gregory, who had an animated discussion with an official as he walked to the locker room at halftime. “We just have to tune that out and just deal with it.”

“It’s just we couldn’t get a rhythm,” wide receiver CeeDee Lamb said. “The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

Added coach Mike McCarthy: "I think the timing of our penalties, for us personally, was something that was a challenge for us to overcome."

JBS

Reaction score
This team has not shown a consistent ability to overcome much of anything. That’s the most disheartening part of this. They were able to overcome a lot @ NE. But they’ve done nothing similar since.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mental toughness. It’s the missing ingredient in the last 25 teams and counting. Not too late to get some. But I wish Big Mac would publicly say, “No excuses. We got out-coached and outplayed.”

Excuses are for the unaccountable. Own your mistakes. Get better or you will once again be watching the playoffs at home.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team has not shown a consistent ability to overcome much of anything. That’s the most disheartening part of this. They were able to overcome a lot @ NE. But they’ve done nothing similar since.

NE fell to 2-4 after that game. They are a much better team now. We are 3-4 (counting the NE game) against teams over .500. This team can't overcome anything bc they don't hold themselves accountable. It starts at the top with Jerry and trickles on down to MM and the players. The fault always lies with someone else.

khiladi

Reaction score
Not sure why they aren’t whining about the two bogus PI calls against Arizona that gave the Cowboys their first TD to end the half, otherwise Arizona most likely puts points on the board again and start with the ball in the second half…

Sydla

Reaction score
Added defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence: "I'm gonna let the NFL handle that. I know it's a possibility we see both of these teams in the playoffs. You know hopefully the NFL can sit down with their team, review the film, learn from their mistakes and get better from it."

Dak Prescott said the Cowboys want to see Arizona again: I mean for sure. I mean to get to where we go we’ve got to play the best. Obviously this team right here gave us their best shot and we came up three points short. If we start this tournament off against them we’re excited

“Playing against the refs again, like usual, it seems like an every week occurrence,” said Randy Gregory, who had an animated discussion with an official as he walked to the locker room at halftime. “We just have to tune that out and just deal with it.”

“It’s just we couldn’t get a rhythm,” wide receiver CeeDee Lamb said. “The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

Added coach Mike McCarthy: "I think the timing of our penalties, for us personally, was something that was a challenge for us to overcome."

I don't have an issue with what Dak or McCarthy said. Unless I am missing context, it seems McCarthy isn't blaming the officials, but rather that we had bad penalties at the wrong times.

Lawrence, Gregory and Lamb sound like sore losers.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why they aren’t whining about the two bogus PI calls against Arizona that gave the Cowboys their first TD to end the half, otherwise Arizona most likely puts points on the board again and start with the ball in the second half…
You know exactly why. Human nature.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mental toughness. It’s the missing ingredient in the last 25 teams and counting. Not too late to get some. But I wish Big Mac would publicly say, “No excuses. We got out-coached and outplayed.”

Excuses are for the unaccountable. Own your mistakes. Get better or you will once again be watching the playoffs at home.
They have the chief excuse maker at GM.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And the most discouraging part is that these quotes are from the team leaders. ZERO accountability.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not sure why they aren’t whining about the two bogus PI calls against Arizona that gave the Cowboys their first TD to end the half…

The first one was DPI for sure.

The Hicks DPI was way more questionable. I cringed when I saw the replay and thought we got one there.

khiladi

Reaction score
The first one was DPI for sure.

The Hicks DPI was way more questionable. I cringed when I saw the replay and thought we got one there.

No it wasn’t.. he didn’t turn Amari’s hips and made a play on the ball.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have an issue with what Dak or McCarthy said. Unless I am missing context, it seems McCarthy isn't blaming the officials, but rather that we had bad penalties at the wrong times.

Dak is just unwarranted bravado. The rest are all making excuses for not being better and winning the game. They have looked everywhere except in the mirror.

Why can't they just say something like "AZ played a good game today. We didn't execute very well. We hope to have another shot at them".

Sydla

Reaction score
No it wasn’t.. he didn’t turn any hips..

It was DPI. Any time you grab someone like that, it's getting called.

You are now going the other way to try to prove some point (which by the way I agree with - Cowboys aren't victims of bias officiating).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agree, McC is blaming more his team than the refs.

Great teams overcome penalties. Hell, every year the Raiders went to the AFCCG or SB they led the league in penalties. The difference was most of theirs were contact penalties and PF's.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak is just bravado. The rest are all making excuses for not being better and winning the game. They have looked everywhere except in the mirror.

Again, I don't get that from McCarthy's comment. And I am not a McCarthy fan but what he said seems accurate. We had some really bad penalties at some really bad times (like the Gregory offsides on the Murray scramble that eventually resulted in a TD for Arizona).

khiladi

Reaction score
It was DPI. Any time you grab someone like that, it's getting called.

You are now going the other way to try to prove some point (which by the way I agree with - Cowboys aren't victims of bias officiating).

No it is not..

(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the
  • ball arriving; or

It is turning the opponent that makes that type of contact a pass interference. That type of defensive play happens all the time without any flag being thrown.

Dak threw it to a tightly contested and covered Amari, which is what caused the interception.