Leadership personified. the Cowboy way

plymkr

Reaction score
I have no problem with the guys saying these things. I agree with them. My problem is don't say it to the media. Keep it in the locker room and let fans like me complain about the refs. On another note, the New England game was our peak IMO. We beat a team that had help from the refs and then just mentally collapsed after that. Weird. Weird and frustrating

ICP

Reaction score
The timing of their penalties didn't let them get in a rhythm?!?! Well, how about running a disciplined team that isn't the most penalized in the league then?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I already exposed this talking point in the other thread. Are Ray lewis and Andy Reid cowards? I'll wait for your answer big fella
Added defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence: "I'm gonna let the NFL handle that. I know it's a possibility we see both of these teams in the playoffs. You know hopefully the NFL can sit down with their team, review the film, learn from their mistakes and get better from it."

Dak Prescott said the Cowboys want to see Arizona again: I mean for sure. I mean to get to where we go we’ve got to play the best. Obviously this team right here gave us their best shot and we came up three points short. If we start this tournament off against them we’re excited

“Playing against the refs again, like usual, it seems like an every week occurrence,” said Randy Gregory, who had an animated discussion with an official as he walked to the locker room at halftime. “We just have to tune that out and just deal with it.”

“It’s just we couldn’t get a rhythm,” wide receiver CeeDee Lamb said. “The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

Added coach Mike McCarthy: "I think the timing of our penalties, for us personally, was something that was a challenge for us to overcome."

Sydla

Reaction score
Never heard Belechek or any coach worth their salt say anything like this.

You have never heard a coach say that they were killed by penalties at crucial points in the game?

LOL.

Again, why can't you provide more context to the quote? Where did you pull the original quote? Was there more to the comment in the article?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is just petty, nothing any of them said is out of the ordinary. You could get the same quotes and change the names to other players and coaches in the NFL. I don't understand why some fans don't warrant the frustration.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Added defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence: "I'm gonna let the NFL handle that. I know it's a possibility we see both of these teams in the playoffs. You know hopefully the NFL can sit down with their team, review the film, learn from their mistakes and get better from it."

Dak Prescott said the Cowboys want to see Arizona again: I mean for sure. I mean to get to where we go we’ve got to play the best. Obviously this team right here gave us their best shot and we came up three points short. If we start this tournament off against them we’re excited

“Playing against the refs again, like usual, it seems like an every week occurrence,” said Randy Gregory, who had an animated discussion with an official as he walked to the locker room at halftime. “We just have to tune that out and just deal with it.”

“It’s just we couldn’t get a rhythm,” wide receiver CeeDee Lamb said. “The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

Added coach Mike McCarthy: "I think the timing of our penalties, for us personally, was something that was a challenge for us to overcome."
Are these quotes from 2020?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Petty because I brought up 2 champions that blamed refs? Seems like truth smacked you in the face and you got knocked the hell out.

We blame the refs after EVERY loss and there are no champions in uniform on our team.

You are petty and too dimwitted for this conversation.

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We blame the refs after EVERY loss and there are no champions in uniform on our team.

You are pathetic and too dimwitted for this conversation.
Every loss? Where are the other videos with players blaming refs for the other 4 losses. I'll wait big fella

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The timing of their penalties didn't let them get in a rhythm?!?! Well, how about running a disciplined team that isn't the most penalized in the league then?

I'd be fine with what he said if he added something about the teams poor play and execution and his role in it. You show leadership by taking responsibility not deflecting.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no problem with the guys saying these things. I agree with them. My problem is don't say it to the media. Keep it in the locker room and let fans like me complain about the refs. On another note, the New England game was our peak IMO. We beat a team that had help from the refs and then just mentally collapsed after that. Weird. Weird and frustrating

You don't think these comments smack of " this ain't my fault" ? These quotes are not just a peak but pretty much fully describe how the players feel about the game in their own words. Nobody is accountable. Nobody could have played better. Its all about the refs. That attitude isn't going to help them at all the next time they play AZ. Looking in the mirror and getting realistic with their own performances might.

plymkr

Reaction score
You don't think these comments smack of " this ain't my fault" ? These quotes are not just a peak but pretty much fully describe how the players feel about the game in their own words. Nobody is accountable. Nobody could have played better. Its all about the refs. That attitude isn't going to help them at all the next time they play AZ. Looking in the mirror and getting realistic with their own performances might.
Completely agree. I feel what really disheartening is I thought these days were behind us. I felt Big Mike changed the culture. What upsets me is this is the same loser mentality that has plagued us since Jimmy Johnson left.

Screw the refs, yes there was bad calls that benefited both teams, but Dallas got their butt handed to them by a depleted team. Dak played bad, the offense sucked and the kicker is a liability. If Dak and the offense plays better and Z can make kicks then we don't need the reds help. We did need the reds help to get within striking distance. Without those 2 PI calls we don't score and it's a blowout.

I'm disappointed with how the coach and the team did not man up and say we need to get better.

Complaining about the refs is my job as a fan not the players' job. It makes them look unprofessional and weak minded. JMO.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
What do you expect??? Look at the so called coaching leaders :facepalm: it starts at the top!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Completely agree. I feel what really disheartening is I thought these days were behind us. I felt Big Mike changed the culture. What upsets me is this is the same loser mentality that has plagued us since Jimmy Johnson left.

Screw the refs, yes there was bad calls that benefited both teams, but Dallas got their butt handed to them by a depleted team. Dak played bad, the offense sucked and the kicker is a liability. If Dak and the offense plays better and Z can make kicks then we don't need the reds help. We did need the reds help to get within striking distance. Without those 2 PI calls we don't score and it's a blowout.

I'm disappointed with how the coach and the team did not man up and say we need to get better.

Complaining about the refs is my job as a fan not the players' job. It makes them look unprofessional and weak minded. JMO.

you said it better than me.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah these guys are soft we are screwed for the next 5-10 years until these guys peace out.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.

Winners win and losers make excuses.
Hey this team ranks right up there in penalties so *****ing about isn't going to make these idiots any better. MM needs to work on the penalty issues during practice.................

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey this team ranks right up there in penalties so *****ing about isn't going to make these idiots any better. MM needs to work on the penalty issues during practice.................

Exactly. Its an undisciplined team where too many players don't hold themselves accountable for losses. Nobody talks about penalties when we win. But if we lose, its the refs calling too many penalties!

Brax

Reaction score

Sad so sad and a reflection of losers and a pitiful head coach.