Lebron James Opts Out...and comedy ensues

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Lebron was 6'2, he'd still be an All Star PG. Maybe not a multiple time MVP, but I'm not sure how great Kobe, Jordan, Bird or another of guys would've been if they were 6'2

If Lebron was 6'2", he'd be a slow, short, PG who had trouble getting his jump shot off. I mean, how do you come up with this? Kobe at 6'2" would not be the same player, Jordan would not, Bird would not but to say Lebron would be different, that I don't understand.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Wait, what? Nah, that's now how that played out. When Shaq went to L.A, HE was the man, not Kobe. That first championship was all about Shaq. By the 3rd championship, the fracture between them and the struggle for BOTH to be the man was what killed that dynamic duo and he went to Miami and he became Robin to Wade's Batman.

Birdman was never highly skilled. He's an old Rodman 2.0. Rebound and defense only, with the occasional putback layup.

Birdman was huge their first run for the championship. Not only just rebound and defense, but athleticism and his blocks starting the transition.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If Lebron was 6'2", he'd be a slow, short, PG who had trouble getting his jump shot off. I mean, how do you come up with this? Kobe at 6'2" would not be the same player, Jordan would not, Bird would not but to say Lebron would be different, that I don't understand.

.....Lebron isn't slow now, so I don't see why he'd be slower at 6'2. If he still weighed 260 or so, yeah, but that isn't realistic. I think all the players I mentioned are skilled enough that being shorter wouldn't break them. Their game would've just developed differently, but all would've been All Star caliber players, just maybe not the multiple time MVP type players that all of them except Kobe were

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
your poorly informed and clearly biased OPINION is rather funny to people who live in the real world.

It's laughable for anyone to think that the Spurs players are "look at me types". Just laughable.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
.....Lebron isn't slow now, so I don't see why he'd be slower at 6'2. If he still weighed 260 or so, yeah, but that isn't realistic. I think all the players I mentioned are skilled enough that being shorter wouldn't break them. Their game would've just developed differently, but all would've been All Star caliber players, just maybe not the multiple time MVP type players that all of them except Kobe were

LeBron is slow for a point guard. His size helps him a lot but if he were 6'2", he would need to be much, much quicker to match up. If he were 6'2" with the athletic ability he has now, he would get brutalized by bigger quicker guards. He's quick for his size, no question about that but he's not quick for the overall quickness that exists in the NBA IMO.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
LeBron is slow for a point guard. His size helps him a lot but if he were 6'2", he would need to be much, much quicker to match up. If he were 6'2" with the athletic ability he has now, he would get brutalized by bigger quicker guards. He's quick for his size, no question about that but he's not quick for the overall quickness that exists in the NBA IMO.

Yeah.....but there's no reason to think he wouldn't be quicker if he were lighter. My only point was Lebron isn't someone who just gets by on size and athleticism.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah.....but there's no reason to think he wouldn't be quicker if he were lighter. My only point was Lebron isn't someone who just gets by on size and athleticism.
Not for nothing, but I don't agree with that. He's pretty much a straight-line driver, because he is so explosive, but its not like he's creative and slick a la Tony Parker or anything like that.

Would he be quicker, yes, but I don't think he would be quicker than the guys who are now too small to guard him. His biggest advantage is that nobody has the physical tools to cover him. Take that away, and its very unlikely that he is near the palyer he is today.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Well, there's no reason to believe that Kobe, Jordan or Bird would not be either.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Well, there's no reason to believe that Kobe, Jordan or Bird would not be either.

wasn't my intent to say that wouldn't still be top players. I believe all the guys I mentioned would be all star players, and none including Lebron would be as good as they were, since being tall is helpful in the NBA, but all 4 are highly skilled players.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
wasn't my intent to say that wouldn't still be top players. I believe all the guys I mentioned would be all star players, and none including Lebron would be as good as they were, since being tall is helpful in the NBA, but all 4 are highly skilled players.

I can't say that I agree. I think Kobe would be very good even at that height because his quickness would still be exceptional at 6'2" and his other abilities would also still be there. He wouldn't be the Offensive rebounder or be as good defensively but he would still be a very, very good player. Jordan would be the same but again, he wouldn't have been the player he was before. Bird would still be slow and would still not be able to jump so it would be much harder for him to get his shoot off at 6'2", as opposed to 6'9". I think he would be abused in the NBA if he had to play much smaller. I think LeBron would basically be Marcus Smart. Now, how good will Smart be? He has the chance to be pretty good but he has no chance to be what LeBron is today.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Was that good laugh before or after you finished washing Messi's car?

Is that supposed to be an insult? The guy that takes care of his car probably makes more than both of us combined, and his car is worth more than our houses combined, unless you are bill gates or something. Fact remains, the kind of all sports WORLDWIDE is messi and it's not close

MC KAos

Reaction score
Lebron won't take less than the max apparently, he wants wade and bosh to make the sacrifice. I've made it clear that I don't particularly like lebron, but like I said, it was only because of the decision and the pep rally. I agree with him 100%, he is the most valuable player in the game and deserves more than the max, wade isn't even as good as ginobili anymore and he's 5 years younger, and bosh got outplayed by Duncan in all 12 finals games they have gone head to head in.

The heat need lebron to make the max, wade at about 12 a year, bosh at 14-16 and see if they can get Lowry at around 10. That would make them favorites in the east again regardless of what Chicago does until at least we see what DRose has

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Is that supposed to be an insult? The guy that takes care of his car probably makes more than both of us combined, and his car is worth more than our houses combined, unless you are bill gates or something. Fact remains, the kind of all sports WORLDWIDE is messi and it's not close

Take it however you like. I'm sorry you're financially challenged. That sucks.

According to this site, it's not Messi.

According to this, it's Ronaldo.

http://sporteology.com/top-10-popular-athletes-in-the-world/