LeBron the Goat. or is he LeChoke?

T-RO

Reaction score
My top five NBA player list starts with Jordan and might include Magic & Bird. James? Hell, no. The thing I'll most remember about his LeBron's career when it's over...is choking. Despite getting propped up by star power around him, and a team of personal body guards (refs)...the guy just lacks the ability to deliver when it counts most. Guy is built like a bruising linebacker, but inside...he's weak.

Let's start with this season and work back through the years. This is so amusing.

LeBron's most recent 4th quarter, vs. Nuggets...a loss that clinched a Nuggets sweep.
-1 Turnover
1-6 Field Goal Attempts
1-2 FT

Oh...and in the entire 2023 NBA playoffs, James was 0-19 in 4th quarter three-point-attempts.

Much more to come...on...LeChoke!

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Bird and Magic lost several Conference Finals and NBA Finals. Some in part because they were playing each other LOL, but the way I think of the modern NBA is it’s Michael Jordan, and no one else. 6 NBA Finals, 2 Threepeat, 6 Finals MVPs, No Lost NBA Finals… get out of here! Insane. No one will ever touch that. Kobe, Lebron, they all tried. It’s His Airness, and then everyone else.

John813

Reaction score
True GOAT? As in the best of the best? No.
Is he a generational player who is a top 5-8 player of all time? To me, yes.

It gets hard to compare timelines and generational players from the 70's to 90's to now etc.
Rule changes, 3 point line, etc...
What he's doing at his age now is still very impressive. He's no longer in his peak, but still can play at a high level.

Denver was just a clear cut better team than the Lakers. The Heat are full of try hard players with guys who know their role, lead by Butler who has had a great playoff performance but they still are no match really.

For a long stretch the East was ruled by LeBron with either Cleveland or Miami. I can only think of the first year of the big three in Miami where he choked in the finals.

ESisback

Reaction score
My All Time Top Twenty…DOESN’T include Lebron:

Jordan
Bird
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Kobe
Russell
Shaq
Duncan
Curry
Nowitski
West
Havlicek
Jokic
Dr. J
Wade
Durant
Hakeem the Dream
Garnett
Baylor

gtb1943

Reaction score
My top five NBA player list starts with Jordan and might include Magic & Bird. James? Hell, no. The thing I'll most remember about his LeBron's career when it's over...is choking. Despite getting propped up by star power around him, and a team of personal body guards (refs)...the guy just lacks the ability to deliver when it counts most. Guy is built like a bruising linebacker, but inside...he's weak.

Let's start with this season and work back through the years. This is so amusing.

LeBron's most recent 4th quarter, vs. Nuggets...a loss that clinched a Nuggets sweep.
-1 Turnover
1-6 Field Goal Attempts
1-2 FT

Oh...and in the entire 2023 NBA playoffs, James was 0-19 in 4th quarter three-point-attempts.

better than being Le Joke like you

T-RO

Reaction score

LeChoke - 2022 edition - So Funny!​

Here is some of the play-by-play from LeBron's effort in the all-decisive 4th quarter of Game Six to Suns

10:30 MISS James 3' Driving Layup
8:34 MISS James 1' Layup
4:47 MISS James 25' 3PT Running Pull-Up Jump Shot
2:57 James Lost Ball Turnover (P3.T7)
2:43 MISS James 1' Layup

After game was decided...a Laker loss... in the last 90 seconds...LeBron scored 5 pts.

T-RO

Reaction score
LeChoke - 2018 edition, NBA Finals

In the deciding 4th game LeBron' made 7 baskets along with 6 turnovers.

ESisback

Reaction score
King Flop gets most calls, but when he doesn’t, he throws a tantrum. The regular season loss to Boston is a prime example.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

-1 Turnover
1-6 Field Goal Attempts
1-2 FT

A bit unfair to judge him at year 20 though. He’s the best year 20 player we’ve ever seen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Kevin Love was 5-time all-star, including w/Cavs. And Cavs had Kyrie along w/LeBron. Definitely a super team.
If that’s a super team then every team is lol…..Wade, Bosh and Lebron to me was a super team. KD, Steph, Klay, Draymon a super team. That Cavs team wasn’t that great and were not the best team in the league. I’m looking at the stats now for 2016 finals? Kevin Love averaged 8 points a game.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
My top three are Jordan, Bird, and Magic. I didn't get to see Wilt play or Oscar Robertson, but I've heard great things about them. Bill Russell was the Brady of the NBA as far as rings go. Then there's Shaq the most physically dominant player I've seen at his peak. And of course guys like Kobe and LeBron would be in that next tier outside my personal top 3.