Led Zeppelin VS ACDC.Bon

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think Led Zeppelin has the better instrumentalists and when i listen to Zeppelin i sometimes feel like i am listening to something from another world where music has reached a completely new level of understanding, ok that might be taking it too far, but seriously Zeppelin is so different from any other rock music i listen to, i have a hard time putting other bands in competition with them.

ACDC with Bon is the most energetic fluid music with the perfect match of vocal scrappy scratchy strength that i have ever heard. No matter what i am feeling like when ACDC comes through the speakers i want to get up and do something quickly, no time for slowness no time to wait, just move now.

Can one be considered better than the other?

I got Zeppelin as the better band.

What say you?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Love them both, don't need the drama of trying to pick one. Just shadup and jam to both of them!

You can throw the Beatles, Metallica, and a few others into the mix too. These bands just **** out great songs none stop for a long period of time. (though Metallica really tailed off after Black)

I will say this, while I loved Brian Johnson too, it was 98% from the Back in Black album which was written by Bon Scott before he died. The other real talent in AC/DC was Malcolm Young. Now all the true great musicians from AC/DC are dead.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Love them both, don't need the drama of trying to pick one. Just shadup and jam to both of them!

You can throw the Beatles, Metallica, and a few others into the mix too. These bands just **** out great songs none stop for a long period of time. (though Metallica really tailed off after Black)

I will say this, while I loved Brian Johnson too, it was 98% from the Back in Black album which was written by Bon Scott before he died. The other real talent in AC/DC was Malcolm Young. Now all the true great musicians from AC/DC are dead.
I'm bored, Lakers don't start till 1030pm et. I like comparing bands and ranking them so there it is. Just because i like to rank them doesn't take away from my enjoyment of listening to either band.

Hardline

Reaction score
Zeppelin was the greatest rock and roll band of all time.
AC/DC is one of the most overrated rock and roll bands of all time.
It's a no brainer.

I was literally sick of AC/DC before I graduated high school........in 1987

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
It's a no brainer.
I got Zep at #2 best ever. ACDC.Bon is not one of the most overrated rock bands of all time. Most overrated to me is like GnR, they had some really good songs studio but live listening to axel is like dying a slow painful death, saying ACDC with Bon is like that is way too outside the box for me to accept, but hey you never know, that's why i opened this thread, opinions.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's a no brainer.

I was literally sick of AC/DC before I graduated high school........in 1987

I need someone who does dirty deeds done dirty cheap to take care of Mr. Hardline here.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I got Zep at #2 best ever. ACDC.Bon is not one of the most overrated rock bands of all time. Most overrated to me is like GnR, they had some really good songs studio but live listening to axel is like dying a slow painful death, saying ACDC with Bon is like that is way too outside the box for me to accept, but hey you never know, that's why i opened this thread, opinions.

Actually, there are a ton of bands I didn't like live. I ALWAYS prefer studio albums to live ones. Even for bands that are great live. As a physics / mathematics guy. The beauty in symmetry means a lot to me and the inconsistency in live music is mostly a negative for me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm bored, Lakers don't start till 1030pm et. I like comparing bands and ranking them so there it is. Just because i like to rank them doesn't take away from my enjoyment of listening to either band.

The Dallas Stars are on. What else needs to be watched?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Actually, there are a ton of bands I didn't like live. I ALWAYS prefer studio albums to live ones. Even for bands that are great live. As a physics / mathematics guy. The beauty in symmetry means a lot to me and the inconsistency in live music is mostly a negative for me.
So you must hate the Rolling Stones? Their greatness live is in the inconsistency. Mick Taylor made that dynamic perfect for them, but he left and it's been lacking ever since.