Led Zeppelin VS ACDC.Bon

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Born in Astoria Queens, lived my whole life in Northern NJ, 5 mins from the GW.

Beyotch! We need to meet up one evening and have a beer! (or wine if the beer quality is lacking, maybe the other way around!)

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Byotch! We need to meet up one evening and have a beer! (or wine if the beer quality is lacking!)
NP, im a liquor guy so i can't drive too far, otherwise i will be battling the devil on the drive home. Maybe the city when the temp gets warmer, ill take a bus.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Earls Court was a great show :hammer:
I go on vacation to a place called Casey Key Beach in Nokomis FLA, the owner of the place i rent out told me that Plant has vacationed at his place in the past before i ever mentioned anything R&R, but this guy embellishes so i take that as a very unlikely set of events, but still i hope to run into Robert Plant there one day. Crosses fingers! the booze and conversation would be a great experience!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I like everything you said, but i have little to no respect for the Beatles, i guess because i am a die hard Stones fan. Love Rush, Time stand still got me through some rough moments in my teenage life.
Whoa whoa whoa

I thought I knew ye, Sarek. Just sad, man.

I adore the Stones, man, you can like both.

The Beatles are the greatest of the greats.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I go on vacation to a place called Casey Key Beach in Nokomis FLA, the owner of the place i rent out told me that Plant has vacationed at his place in the past before i ever mentioned anything R&R, but this guy embellishes so i take that as a very unlikely set of events, but still i hope to run into Robert Plant there one day. Crosses fingers! the booze and conversation would be a great experience!

Thought{?} he used to live in Austin Texas, that's weird you mention this. I had a dream we once were sharing beer at an old English pub out in the middle of the country side. This is fairly recent but when the remaining 3 members were on Letterman a few years ago it was great. JPJ's deadpan sense of humor was great. "You mean there were other bands besides Led Zeppelin" :laugh:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa

I thought I knew ye, Sarek. Just sad, man.

I adore the Stones, man, you can like both.

The Beatles are the greatest of the greats.
I wont argue with you, i know they deserve respect, it's more a growing up Stones fan thing than it is a musical judgement thing. I like my music a little bloody, and a little anti society. Northern east coast does that to ya. I don't like the idea of let it be, i like the idea of let it bleed! Stones vs Beatles will never go away, i can't fully disregard that. I hope you understand. GB America, that's why we all differ.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wont argue with you, i know they deserve respect, it's more a growing up Stones fan thing than it is a musical judgement thing. I like my music a little bloody, and a little anti society. Northern east coast does that to ya. I don't like the idea of let it be, i like the idea of let it bleed! Stones vs Beatles will never go away, i can't fully disregard that. I hope you understand. GB America, that's why we all differ.
It’s all good my brother, was just teasing ya :)

The Stones have some all-timer albums, my favorite being the beautiful Sticky Fingers. Moonlight Mile, just kill me, is gorgeous.

I’ve posted a bunch of Stones in the music thread

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ok, so you know i love the Stones, this is a scratchy version and poor sound quality, but if cleared up with the right system i never heard anything live better then this.

At first it will sound way off key but once Bobby Keys gets going you notice no drop in Rythem what so ever, and the music becomes second to none in my opinion. I never heard anything even remotely close from the Beatles.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ok, so you know i love the Stones, this is a scratchy version and poor sound quality, but if cleared up with the right system i never heard anything live better then this.

At first it will sound way off key but once Bobby Keys gets going you notice no drop in Rythem what so ever, and the music becomes second to none in my opinion. I never heard anything even remotely close from the Beatles.

You can definitely tell who was one of Skynyrd’s biggest influences was listening to this.

I’ll have to disagree about the Beatles part :) but I won’t derail your thread :)

Any love for Pet Sounds?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Gollum and love Tolkien in our history books as well, and all the inklings for that matter, hope i spelled his name right. CS LEWIS is somewhat of a dead mentor to me. Tread lightly. lol j/k. Happy Thanksgiving Idgit! :thumbup:

I'm a huge LotR nut, but you can't mix fantasy and rock and not end up with the dwarves and Stonehenge effect. It's just not very metal.

I feel the same way about By-Tor and the Snowdog and The Trees, for the record, for you progrock *******s out there.

And a head-bangin' Turkey Day to you, too.