Led Zeppelin VS ACDC.Bon

cowboyec

Reaction score
to answer the thread tho...Zepplein...besides,they were BIG Elvis fans.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Led Zeppelin has the better instrumentalists and when i listen to Zeppelin i sometimes feel like i am listening to something from another world where music has reached a completely new level of understanding, ok that might be taking it too far, but seriously Zeppelin is so different from any other rock music i listen to, i have a hard time putting other bands in competition with them.

ACDC with Bon is the most energetic fluid music with the perfect match of vocal scrappy scratchy strength that i have ever heard. No matter what i am feeling like when ACDC comes through the speakers i want to get up and do something quickly, no time for slowness no time to wait, just move now.

Can one be considered better than the other?

I got Zeppelin as the better band.

What say you?

Zep is technically better, with more poetic and meaningful lyrics, but AC/DC is more fun.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Give me the Zeppelin
ZepUncut.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never been able to pick favorite band because it changes constantly and some bands were better studio bands and some bands were much better live.

One thing that has always irritated me is when people refer to LZ or AC/DC as heavy metal, in fact Ive seen some writers, who should know better, refer to LZ as the original heavy metal band. That title belongs to one band that just happened to have the guitarist that coined the phrase, Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath.

But when you rank bands, if you're into that sort of thing, you have to take into consideration where the musicians within that band rank with their instruments. And you have to consider the front man, if he doesn't play an instrument. The other thing that enters into ranking is the diversity and ability to get outside the one trick pony issue that affects so many bands when they "own their sound". That is AC/DC, no one sounds like them but Airbourne comes close except they added background vocal but it is in the essence, the AC/DC sound.

When you consider the ranking of Paige and Bonham as musicians and Paige's ear for mixes and the "it" factor and range of Plant, no one surpasses LZ, imo. They're the best ever and were equally at home with bringing soul to a ballad or banging out the energy. They were incredibly diverse with composition and execution. Unlike any other rock band I've heard.

But, I agree with the "more fun" aspect of AC/DC, they're just like Van Halen. LZ is more artistic in their approach like Yes, it is a concert, AC/DC and VH are a party.

Now, if you'd like to engage in discussion about the best live band, I would like to offer one I have seen at least 6 times, including with the original members, and it was never exactly the same any of those times.....The Allman Brothers Band. The inventors of Southern Rock and the main reason rednecks let their hair grow into mullets.

But the best and most flawless reproduction of studio sound I have ever heard was Jethro Tull on the Thick as a Brick tour which included Aqualung, also played as laid down on the LP.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have never been able to pick favorite band because it changes constantly and some bands were better studio bands and some bands were much better live.

One thing that has always irritated me is when people refer to LZ or AC/DC as heavy metal, in fact Ive seen some writers, who should know better, refer to LZ as the original heavy metal band. That title belongs to one band that just happened to have the guitarist that coined the phrase, Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath.

But when you rank bands, if you're into that sort of thing, you have to take into consideration where the musicians within that band rank with their instruments. And you have to consider the front man, if he doesn't play an instrument. The other thing that enters into ranking is the diversity and ability to get outside the one trick pony issue that affects so many bands when they "own their sound". That is AC/DC, no one sounds like them but Airbourne comes close except they added background vocal but it is in the essence, the AC/DC sound.

When you consider the ranking of Paige and Bonham as musicians and Paige's ear for mixes and the "it" factor and range of Plant, no one surpasses LZ, imo. They're the best ever and were equally at home with bringing soul to a ballad or banging out the energy. They were incredibly diverse with composition and execution. Unlike any other rock band I've heard.

But, I agree with the "more fun" aspect of AC/DC, they're just like Van Halen. LZ is more artistic in their approach like Yes, it is a concert, AC/DC and VH are a party.

Now, if you'd like to engage in discussion about the best live band, I would like to offer one I have seen at least 6 times, including with the original members, and it was never exactly the same any of those times.....The Allman Brothers Band. The inventors of Southern Rock and the main reason rednecks let their hair grow into mullets.

But the best and most flawless reproduction of studio sound I have ever heard was Jethro Tull on the Thick as a Brick tour which included Aqualung, also played as laid down on the LP.
I would love to have seen Jethro Till live, back in the day. That's another band who "owns their sound", but even within their own style, they're very diverse.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

There's a Top 5 greatest rock bands ever thread and i think there is also a best live shows thread, and i'm sure there's a few more i don't know about.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Engelbert Humperdink blows them all off the stage dude could rock

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would love to have seen Jethro Till live, back in the day. That's another band who "owns their sound", but even within their own style, they're very diverse.
Yes they are and as tight a band as I have ever heard. At one point in the Aqualung set for Locomotive Breath, Ian Anderson is ripping on the flute and standing on one leg, bending backwards with his other leg at almost 180 degrees. My wife said most yoga instructors would struggle with that move.

The kicker was we were on the plane with them going back to NO from Little Rock. They had the 1st class section and a couple of guitars up front and we had our 3 year old son with us. We were in the first row of coach and one of the band members came back and said they missed their families and could our son come up front with them? Man, I wish the smartphone would have been around as they sang to our little boy, I could have had a killer video. The entire coach section clapped and cheered when they'd do a song and they did 5 and 3 were off their upcoming album. I think our son sat in every band members' lap and my wife gave them hugs when we deplaned. Needless to say, there was never a shortage of Tull tunes in our house and I was required to buy the new ones the day they came out. Something that my wife thought I did entirely too much but not when it came to Tull.