Led Zeppelin VS ACDC.Bon

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Where does art end and competition begin? That's the only question you need to answer that will actually advance this discussion, otherwise were just going in circles.
You are asking a question with faulty logic. The demarcation between the two only exist if you make it so. I don't believe in completion in art and so your question does not apply. All art is valid to someone.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
For my .02 Zeppelin if I had to pick one is still the best rock band of the last 45 years. You could also make a case for the Beatles, Stones, even Rush{who I adore}. Back to Zeppelin though you had 4 guys who were immensely talented, and perhaps the 2 members that weren't in the spotlight {Jones/Bonham}were the more talented. Some were pissed when they pulled the plug after Bonzo passed but it was the right thing to do, he was extremely powerful and yet had a light touch when needed. He also had the raw technical ability and knew when to play and when not to. Onto to John Paul Jones he played on hundreds of sessions from 60-68, ditto for Page. These were some very talented cats not just some 3 chord wankers.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
You are asking a question with faulty logic. The demarcation between the two only exist if you make it so. I don't believe in completion in art and so your question does not apply. All art is valid to someone.
You mean you are avoiding the questions because you have come to realize that art and competition simultaneously exist in music, writing, poetry, painting, dancing, warfare etc, and now you don't know how to admit it.

If competition exists between parent and child or between siblings then it most assuredly exists between strangers and their creations.

You can go on all you like with this dancing that you do to avoid the proper details but i will safely say that anyone with this faulty logic you accuse me of can see that you are clearly emotionally invested in your incorrect theories.

Your rebuttals have been lacking any proper structure.

You've answered nothing and you've provided nothing with any stability.

And for kicks i will add that the music i listen to is better then what you listen to.

:muttley:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
For my .02 Zeppelin if I had to pick one is still the best rock band of the last 45 years. You could also make a case for the Beatles, Stones, even Rush{who I adore}. Back to Zeppelin though you had 4 guys who were immensely talented, and perhaps the 2 members that weren't in the spotlight {Jones/Bonham}were the more talented. Some were pissed when they pulled the plug after Bonzo passed but it was the right thing to do, he was extremely powerful and yet had a light touch when needed. He also had the raw technical ability and knew when to play and when not to. Onto to John Paul Jones he played on hundreds of sessions from 60-68, ditto for Page. These were some very talented cats not just some 3 chord wankers.

They were great instrumentalists, no question about that. I like to listen to The Yardbirds with Jimmy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You mean you are avoiding the questions because you have come to realize that art and competition simultaneously exist in music, writing, poetry, painting, dancing, warfare etc, and now you don't know how to admit it.

If competition exists between parent and child or between siblings then it most assuredly exists between strangers and their creations.

You can go on all you like with this dancing that you do to avoid the proper details but i will safely say that anyone with this faulty logic you accuse me of can see that you are clearly emotionally invested in your incorrect theories.

Your rebuttals have been lacking any proper structure.

You've answered nothing and you've provided nothing with any stability.

And for kicks i will add that the music i listen to is better then what you listen to.
Peace be with you. May you find your calm soon. Being so emotional over something so petty is nonsense.

I probably listen to much of the same music you listen to so unless you are saying it is better when you listen to it than when I listen to it then you make no sense and if that it is what you are saying then it explains your applesauce logic.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Peace be with you. May you find your calm soon. Being so emotional over something so petty is nonsense.

I probably listen to much of the same music you listen to so unless you are saying it is better when you listen to it than when I listen to it then you make no sense and if that it is what you are saying then it explains your applesauce logic.
And with you as well. May you find understanding of human nature soon. There is nothing petty about competition.

You probably do listen to most of what i listen to. It is possible that when i am listening to it that it does sound better, but that all depends on what kind of sound systems were using.

All logic is art to me so you can't judge which one is better because that would be art and competition mixing together, and that's not allowed in your book......:lmao::hammer:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And with you as well. May you find understanding of human nature soon. There is nothing petty about competition.

You probably do listen to most of what i listen to. It is possible that when i am listening to it that it does sound better, but that all depends on what kind of sound systems were using.

All logic is art to me so you can't judge which one is better because that would be art and competition mixing together, and that's not allowed in your book......:lmao::hammer:
:rolleyes: Live long and prosper, Sarek.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Why does Rolling Stone magazine have a list of top 100 or 500 Bands, Albums, and Guitar players of all time?

Inside any person's mind that ever made a musical purchase where the buyer had to choose between two items there was a decision made on what they thought was better.

What actually is better is based on, the current generation's lifestyle (hardship or prosperity), the numbers, the rhythm, the creativity, the talent, the longevity, the clarity, etc.

If music can't be competitive or listed in terms of greatness by the factors above, well then i am the greatest musician ever and i don't know how to play any instruments and i never sang any songs, but my opinion justifies my statement and therefore it is true.

My next thread title is going to read....Axl Rose is the greatest live vocalist ever.

There is competition in everything, there is even competition between two humans on who is going to stop breathing first, but somehow music is immune to this very human nature.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Here are two video links, one of them thinks they can improve upon the older one but failed.

Can you hear it?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Yea, dont think for a second there isnt (or wasnt) competition in art or music. However, it shouldnt be (usually isnt) about a trophy, but the inspiration to hear something from another musician and have that motivate you to improved or branch out of the box. There was competition between classical composers

cowboyec

Reaction score
personally my favorite bands are Lynyrd Skynyrd,KISS,Van Halen(D.L.R.).
If I had to choose...Skynyrd.