Lee Corso gets his panties in a wad on The Ticket...

Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
Kato from the Green Hornet was none other than the late great Bruce Lee. Just in case you weren't aware.

:rolleyes:

THANK YOU "Obvious Man," lemme know when you'll be doing your "Redundant Man of Redundancy" schtick, that 1 always cracks me up!!

:p

p.s.............

HEYYYYYYYYYYY, DIIIILLLLLLLL!!!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I moved out of Dallas before the Ticket ever became a big thing so most of my listening has been on the internet and when I was visiting Dallas. When I lived in San Antonio, though, I could pick up WBAP and hear Randy Galloway in the evenings. The only Ticket guys I recognize are Dale Hansen and Norm Hitzges because they are Dallas institutions, but the other guys are all out of towners who really don't do it for me because most of them talk about non-sports stuff and none of them really seem like Dallas sports fans when they do discuss the local teams. I guess Gordo is the only one I can identify on the radio because of his great impressions.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I moved out of Dallas before the Ticket ever became a big thing so most of my listening has been on the internet and when I was visiting Dallas. When I lived in San Antonio, though, I could pick up WBAP and hear Randy Galloway in the evenings. The only Ticket guys I recognize are Dale Hansen and Norm Hitzges because they are Dallas institutions, but the other guys are all out of towners who really don't do it for me because most of them talk about non-sports stuff and none of them really seem like Dallas sports fans when they do discuss the local teams. I guess Gordo is the only one I can identify on the radio because of his great impressions.

Actually the Hardline (Rhyner & WIlliams) has been around DFW for years... as have Dunham and Miller...

Mike Rhyner was at The Zoo (KZEW) for years as the sports guy with Rhodie and Labella... Greg Williams was actually with Randy Galloway at WBAP... it was Galloway that named him Greg "The Hammer" Williams...

Dunham & Miller were both sports guys on 1080 KRLD where Brad Sham had "Sports Central" for so many years...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Actually the Hardline (Rhyner & WIlliams) has been around DFW for years... as have Dunham and Miller...

Mike Rhyner was at The Zoo (KZEW) for years as the sports guy with Rhodie and Labella... Greg Williams was actually with Randy Galloway at WBAP... it was Galloway that named him Greg "The Hammer" Williams...

Dunham & Miller were both sports guys on 1080 KRLD where Brad Sham had "Sports Central" for so many years...

Then I take it back, I guess I have a bad memory, but I don't remember any of these guys from the 1980's. Especially the two people who the thread is about. I get frustrated how some of them sound like they hate the Cowboys. If you're covering Dallas sports, at least be a fan of the local pro franchises, or act like it. LOL I swear, sometimes I feel like I can get more Cowboys and Rangers updates on the national media.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Then I take it back, I guess I have a bad memory, but I don't remember any of these guys from the 1980's. Especially the two people who the thread is about.

Now you are dead right there... The Ticket tried for years to fill that early afternoon spot and were unsuccessful... Sturm is from Wisconsin and Dan is from Ohio I believe... they kinda stuck and have been around for a few years now...

If you listened to sports on other stations, you heard the other guys... you just didn't know who they were at the time... they are all DFW area guys...

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
"If you're covering Dallas sports, at least be a fan of the local pro franchises, or act like it."

I couldn't possibly disagree more. That's simply not their job. I'd rather them be objective and realistic. I get enough of blind loyalty on these forums.