Signed by Cowboys Leighton Vander Esch signed for 2 Years

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It does win games if you spend the saving on improving the overall aspect of the team....improve run defense Plan A- Wagner (and lesser or no DT upgrade) or Plan B - LVE (and spend the saving on a1-tech DT upgrade).
We don't know what each player was asking, what plans we've got for DT spending.
Last year's 'save' can be considered a gamble on which players can really step up...fine, not all worked, however LVE, Wilson and CeeDee all did)... now we're in a totally different CAP situation than last year and indeed we've accelerated spending (money that was certainly available next year).
Ok when they make a big DT signing lets talk until then i don't wanna hear about saving money on lesser talent.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Vander played very good later in the yr. When early in the yr he would drag or roll players down instead of hitting. Late in the yr it looked like he said screw it and starting putting his helmet on people. When he got hurt the defense suffered. Couldn't say that just 1 yr before.

So with this, it says Clark will stay in the role Barr played. I can dig it. He can cover double the ground barr could, way better Blitzer too
Also better angles than Barr.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Nothing against LVE, but if it's LVE for 5.5m or Wagner for 10m then I'd rather Bobby Wagner.
In what context, how much is guaranteed, that is key. Wagner would cost at least 10m in guarantees a year.

RoboQB

Reaction score
So. You’ve watched a lot of film?

You see how many plays this guy misses? Did you see for instance. How many games he’s missed? Wagner has missed none. You guys will literally be happy with signing anyone. When a guy like Bobby Wagner is out there, who graded out as the best run stopping Lb in football, at a position of need, the cost is irrelevant.

Comparing LVE to Wagner is asinine. One is going to the hall of fame. One has missed time in all but one season.
I didn't sign him. The Joneses did.
Probably at the coaches request. Geesh. Relax.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Nobody cares u coached in 1980.

The film and tape dont lie. Saving money doesnt win football games. They saved money last year and then sat on their hands and didnt bring in any other talent.

This armchair gm would be better than jerry and stephen
Well, nobody cares about some drunk on a message board either. Sitting there sounding like Uncle Rico... lol