Leinart Returning to USC...

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
Good for him, he should finish his education then come out afterwards. The money will definitely still be there next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hardcorebob said:
Good for him, he should finish his education then come out afterwards. The money will definitely still be there next year.

I agree, He is enjoying his time at USC and the NFL will be here next year as well.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
hardcorebob said:

I think he is graduating this semester.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree, He is enjoying his time at USC and the NFL will be here next year as well.

I would have made the leap. You strike while the iron is hot.

The reason you go to college is so that you can get a better-paying job. He would have done that had he declared and have financial security for himself and his kid's kids. There's no guarantee about tomorrow and he's an injury away from never being the same.

San Francisco is really going to be hitting the phones for a tradedown IMO.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Here's to hoping he suffers a catastrophic shoulder injury . . .

Thanks for helping to ruin our draft, A-Hole . . .

mbanx

Reaction score
Hope he does well and goes injury free. His stock is highest right now. Who knows but I think he was number one pick this draft.

mullet

Reaction score
Midswat said:

I don't think this hurts the Cowboys too much. It doesn't push one player down, but that isn't a big deal.
Now, it does kill the 49ers. They have nobody to take, and nobody is going to want to give up much to get to the top pick.
So, the fact the 49ers get screwed should give us some pleasure.

mbanx

Reaction score
Midswat said:

Wow I was trying to be nice and PC with my response but DITTO what you said

Avery

Reaction score
So is Aaron Rodgers the #1 pick now (assuming SF keeps the pick)?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Avery said:
I would have made the leap. You strike while the iron is hot.

The reason you go to college is so that you can get a better-paying job. He would have done that had he declared and have financial security for himself and his kid's kids. There's no guarantee about tomorrow and he's an injury away from never being the same.

San Francisco is really going to be hitting the phones for a tradedown IMO.
Said it in another thread, will say it again.

You go to college to get an education. You go to work to get a better paying job. Thinking like this ruins our educational system. You want to learn how to do something, go to trade school.

SmellsLikeTuna

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

You go to college to get an education. You go to work to get a better paying job. Thinking like this ruins our educational system. You want to learn how to do something, go to trade school.

Man....maybe YOU go to college to get an education.....but most people I know including myself go to college to get a job!! He can sit home all day and read books and educate himself to his hearts content if that was his concern.

He is set for his job if he leaves now.....all he does now put his job oppritunity at serious risk (serious injuries, subpar performance). His stock will never be higher than it is right now!

I think that he is either:

a) scared to make the jump

or

b) way too comfortable sitting pretty in college with a superior team and all the USC coeds hanging off his balls.

I have NO respect for this decision. He punked out. He is hiding in college....afraid to join the real world!!

SmellsLikeTuna

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

yeah, but who's gonna answer with no one to trade up for??

Avery

Reaction score
SmellsLikeTuna said:
Man....maybe YOU go to college to get an education.....but most people I know including myself go to college to get a job!! He can sit home all day and read books and educate himself to his hearts content if that was his concern.

He is set for his job if he leaves now.....all he does now put his job oppritunity at serious risk (serious injuries, subpar performance). His stock will never be higher than it is right now!

or

b) way too comfortable sitting pretty in college with a superior team and all the USC coeds hanging off his balls.

I have NO respect for this decision. He punked out. He is hiding in college....afraid to join the real world!!

I wouldn't say 'punked' out, just saying that this was a great oppurtunity that may never come again. I'll never rip a guy for wanting to finish his degree and enjoy college life, but if we were to ask him what he wants to do in the future, playing in the NFL is probably the answer.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
SmellsLikeTuna said:

or

He will be quite content when that job is waiting for him next year, also. As for being scared - scared of what? Failure. Failure is easier to stomach with a multimillion contract signed to you. As for sitting pretty in college - he graduates soon - he is playing football, for the love of the game, instead of the money, which I can respect.

Now you say he is afraid to join the "real world?" Yeah - if that is what you want to call being the star draft choice to an NFL team. Much more real than going into insurance.

A college degree, as far as job skills go, is good for getting you a job, nothing more. Your own natural ability and merit makes you money, degree or none.