Leinart Returning to USC...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Avery said:
I wouldn't say 'punked' out, just saying that this was a great oppurtunity that may never come again. I'll never rip a guy for wanting to finish his degree and enjoy college life, but if we were to ask him what he wants to do in the future, playing in the NFL is probably the answer.
The worst that could happen to him is

A) A debilitating injury that prevents him from ever playing long term NFL....risk he is willing to take, and I bet you just about anything he has, or will have, a Lloyds of London policy on that arm.

B) He loses draft stock and doesn't go as high - less likely, I can't imagine him falling from the top 10, but if he truly believes in his arm and ability, it won't matter too much, because he will just play his way back up.

There is risk here, but if he wants to go back to school, I can't fault him.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Said it in another thread, will say it again.

You go to college to get an education. You go to work to get a better paying job. Thinking like this ruins our educational system. You want to learn how to do something, go to trade school.

I am with you on this one.
I know plenty of people with the attitude that college is purely for getting a better paying job.
Many of them do well enough to get good paying jobs and get promoted into positions where they can do real damage with their lack of vision.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
SmellsLikeTuna said:
yeah, but who's gonna answer with no one to trade up for??
Now that argument I can live with - because there are some players that woulda looked nice at 11, and now they may be at 10.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

You go to college to get an education. You go to work to get a better paying job. Thinking like this ruins our educational system. You want to learn how to do something, go to trade school.

Right.. but he's done with his education... he graduates this somester.. so cross that off your list of reasons why he should come back..

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
The whole education thing is such a joke! If he wants to go back to win a “National Championship” according to the SBC then fine, but U.S.C. or any other college isn’t going anywhere.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I would have made the leap. You strike while the iron is hot.
get the money while you can because ain't no guarantee they gonna love you next year.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
Right.. but he's done with his education... he graduates this somester.. so cross that off your list of reasons why he should come back..
Not one of my reasons - I was responding to a post on the purpose of college. But being the only QB to ever win 3 straight Nat Champs.....that is pretty appealing too.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Midswat said:
Here's to hoping he suffers a catastrophic shoulder injury . . .

Thanks for helping to ruin our draft, A-Hole . . .

LOL!

Mean... but honest!

I like that!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
LOL!

Mean... but honest!

I like that!
A good, veteran mod would ban a guy for such a dirty statement.

Do it Michael...c'mon....it'll show your Big Bro Mods that you have it in you. Give you brownie points.

C'mon .. ..everyone is doing it. Ban him. It'll make you feel good about yourself. ;)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

That is an incredibly naive opinion. If your family is rich and you have plenty of money and can afford to go to school for the hell of it maybe. But if you have to struggle to work your way through college even with a scholarship then make no mistake, you are going for the opportunity to get a better job. I don't know what kind of money Leinarts family has but unless they are rivals to Bill Gates fortune he needs to get in the draft and get it while he can.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
leinart is obviously not a business major - cuz he just left a whole bunch of money on the table.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
... But being the only QB to ever win 3 straight Nat Champs.....that is pretty appealing too.

to win 3 straight NCAA national championships... hmmm... what does that pay exactly?

jimmy40

Reaction score
SmellsLikeTuna said:
Man....maybe YOU go to college to get an education.....but most people I know including myself go to college to get a job!! He can sit home all day and read books and educate himself to his hearts content if that was his concern.

He is set for his job if he leaves now.....all he does now put his job oppritunity at serious risk (serious injuries, subpar performance). His stock will never be higher than it is right now!

I think that he is either:

a) scared to make the jump

or

b) way too comfortable sitting pretty in college with a superior team and all the USC coeds hanging off his balls.

I have NO respect for this decision. He punked out. He is hiding in college....afraid to join the real world!!
What an idiotic post. Why would any QB want to declare for the draft knowing they would be the first pick when San Fran owns the pick? San Fran doesn't even have a coach. I'm sure those coeds wouldn't want him after he's in the NFL. :rolleyes:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
to win 3 straight NCAA national championships... hmmm... what does that pay exactly?

Exactly, as if the whole BCS mess is credible anyway.. I truly don't know what he has to gain by going back..

2much2soon

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:

Something no amount of money can buy?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
How about two Heismans and three straight Championships?
OR one Heisman...two straight championships (he already has) and a broken leg with no big pay day like he is all but guaranteed today...

School will ALWAYS be there...he would have more then enough $$$ to go back on his terms...the window of opportunity and at the level he finished this year may not be there again...it is a risk.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
My rendition of what Leinart will say after the next college season and draft:

"OOPS!"