Twitter: Leon Hall to Visit per Rapoport

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't see why anyone really cares if this guy signs or not. He isn't going to make any difference. We have a defense made up of guys who can't get to the QB and guys who can't cover led by a coach with a scheme that got figured out 20 years ago. Yeah, this guy was going to help and make it all better!

Silence.

That defense led by the same man, with poor personnel, got within a bad call of the NFCC.

Two years later, it will happen again.

Oh yes. That same lightning in a bottle.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Contrary to some belief that Marinelli is a wizard and is supposed to "coach up" a defense made up largely of players that look they should be playing at American Somoan University, he actually is a very good coach.

At what point is it just embarrassing to him that he's judged based on results, when he's supposed to tweak the engine given a stick and half a roll of scotch tape?

He's an F1 driver given a Segway at the Grand Prix.

He's got an MBA from Harvard, but he's managing a Starbucks.

Plankton

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Per Rapoport.

No thanks. I am tired of retreads and every released player being a topic of "yes let's do it!" I respect others are interested, but I want to draft good talent and ignore the noise of released players.

coult44

Reaction score
No thanks. I am tired of retreads and every released player being a topic of "yes let's do it!" I respect others are interested, but I want to draft good talent and ignore the noise of released players.

Hahahahahahahah

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled if the rest of our offseason went like this:

Sign Hall. Sign Hardy. Draft Ramsey. Draft Henry. Cut Carr.

Lawrence/Crawford/Thornton/Hardy with Gregory off the bench is a nice d-line.
Jones/Ramsey/Scandrick/Hall/Claiborne would be a nice secondary.
And Derrick Henry would be an upgrade at RB.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smokescreen, I'm convinced Jerry was blowing smoke with the "I'm too old to rebuild" .

I still cling to we draft a QB in the first, add a boatload of defensive talent in this years draft and next in three years we are ready to compete. It's the only viable route.

If Jerry was serious about winning in the next year or 2 he'd be throwing everything at the wall and cap be damned.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Smokescreen, I'm convinced Jerry was blowing smoke with the "I'm too old to rebuild" .

I still cling to we draft a QB in the first, add a boatload of defensive talent in this years draft and next in three years we are ready to compete. It's the only viable route.

If Jerry was serious about winning in the next year or 2 he'd be throwing everything at the wall and cap be damned.

That was my thinking going in to free agency. The lack of "big signings" and not drafting a QB at #4 is a contradiction, assuming that they actually rate Goff and Wentz highly. But if they do not, then I think it is understandable to pass at #4 and wait to round 3 or 4 to try and find Romo's successor. But not taking a QB before the end of Round 4 is simply unthinkable considering our free agency strategy.

LittleD

Reaction score
Face it guys...None of the FA's want to come to the "loser" Cowboys for less than big bucks cause
they see no championships for over 20 years. Stephen says we are not paying "big bucks" so
these guys leave town fast to visit greener pastures or stay with their former teams in which
they feel comfortable. We are still diving in that big FA dumpster looking for treasures amongst
the trash.

Junglist

Reaction score

Well, he's not serious about winning then, because we haven't gone crazy in FA, AND i doubt we get a QB. Obviously, I could be wrong. When is the draft? April 28th?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled if the rest of our offseason went like this:

Sign Hall. Sign Hardy. Draft Ramsey. Draft Henry. Cut Carr.

Lawrence/Crawford/Thornton/Hardy with Gregory off the bench is a nice d-line.
Jones/Ramsey/Scandrick/Hall/Claiborne would be a nice secondary.
And Derrick Henry would be an upgrade at RB.

Not bad. I agree with Hill and Hardy. Wouldn't be thrilled about drafting Ramsey but it definitely would shore up all our weaknesses on D.

Bowdown27

Reaction score

THANK YOU

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Face it guys...None of the FA's want to come to the "loser" Cowboys for less than big bucks cause
they see no championships for over 20 years. Stephen says we are not paying "big bucks" so
these guys leave town fast to visit greener pastures or stay with their former teams in which
they feel comfortable. We are still diving in that big FA dumpster looking for treasures amongst
the trash.

Lol. If we were paying, the players would be coming here. They're not going to take a trip if we're not in the neighborhood of their expectations. Stephen's explicitly come out and said we're not expecting to be big players in FA, and this is what we've got. It's not a surprise, and it's not a sign of players not wanting to play for the most popular franchise in the league and not wanting to get all that prime time exposure.

You know why they're signing with the Raiders and the Jags? I'll give you one guess.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol. If we were paying, the players would be coming here. They're not going to take a trip if we're not in the neighborhood of their expectations. Stephen's explicitly come out and said we're not expecting to be big players in FA, and this is what we've got. It's not a surprise, and it's not a sign of players not wanting to play for the most popular franchise in the league and not wanting to get all that prime time exposure.

You know why they're signing with the Raiders and the Jags? I'll give you one guess.

I understand not being big players.....but being completely silent isn't a good option either. We literally have no one at DE now and 2 running backs on the roster....great plan