Twitter: Leon Hall to Visit per Rapoport

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Speaking only for myself, I have hesitation if it is this late in the game and there is not even a consensus from NFL types about what his best pro position would be. They just rave on his athleticism and freakishness.

Like Byron Jones last year?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Speaking only for myself, I have hesitation if it is this late in the game and there is not even a consensus from NFL types about what his best pro position would be. They just rave on his athleticism and freakishness.

Give me Joseph instead, and its not even close.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many people thought that last year. And he got every penny.

Many people think dumb things all the time.

Last year he was clearly going to be on the team whether he took the pay cut, or not. This year, we're shopping for his replacement in FA. He's got the 5th highest cap hit in the league for his position. His deal gets redone, or we cut him.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
"He is coming off a year in which he was a quality slot man and helped the Bengals finish second in passing scores allowed (18) and fifth in opponent passer rating."
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/2/20/11009374/bengals-exit-interview-cornerback-leon-hall

Good read. Sounds like he'd be a good fit at slot corner. Scandrick is capable of playing outside.

If we were interested in Weddle , we should also look at Reggie Nelson. Good true safeties in the NFL can be very productive later than most positions. Nelson and Hall were both very good last season. The bengals are simply trying to get younger and get some of their draft picks on the field.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Only thing is I'm getting tired of FA leaving Dallas without a contract. Like Jesus stop low balling these guys when you see they aren't going for that. Shell out a little money and make sure Leon doesn't leave too.

Well we restructured Tyron so let's see if that helps.

jjktkk

Reaction score

Great point. if you're picking at 4, you shouldn't have questions about which position you're going to play at the next level, unless your expecting to excel at either CB, or S.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Only thing is I'm getting tired of FA leaving Dallas without a contract. Like Jesus stop low balling these guys when you see they aren't going for that. Shell out a little money and make sure Leon doesn't leave too.

who has actually came to dallas and left without a contract?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
If we were interested in Weddle , we should also look at Reggie Nelson. Good true safeties in the NFL can be very productive later than most positions. Nelson and Hall were both very good last season. The bengals are simply trying to get younger and get some of their draft picks on the field.
Agreed. Nelson and Hall for a few years at a reasonable price would be instant, quality upgrades and allow us to address other areas.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Hall has 3 INTs in 10 years in the league. Carr had 6 his first 2 years in Dallas. I'm not saying Hall isn't a good CB, but people seem to conveniently use numbers against our own players but not against potential free agents.

Edit: My bad. It was 3 TDs. He has 26 career INTs. Never mind.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
He mainly plays the slot now,not sure where Oscan will play if we get Hall.