Twitter: Leon Hall to Visit per Rapoport

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great point. if you're picking at 4, you shouldn't have questions about which position you're going to play at the next level, unless your expecting to excel at either CB, or S.

There's a difference between a tweener and a versatile player. A tweener is a guy who has some of the attributes to play both positions but maybe not the overall skill set to play either. The versatile guy can do both. And that will be the conundrum with Ramsey. If you see him as versatile, he's a top 5 pick to you. If he's a tweener, he's one of the most overrated players in this class.

I would bet even the NFL teams will disagree on this issue.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I like Leon Hall, but I don't understand what the team is trying to do if they don't make a sincere run at Hayward or Carroll, yet they bringing a past-his-prime Hall. They really must think we are right on the cusp. That's all I can think of.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Hall has 3 INTs in 10 years in the league. Carr had 6 his first 2 years in Dallas. I'm not saying Hall isn't a good CB, but people seem to conveniently use numbers against our own players but not against potential free agents.

Sir where are you getting that info from? He has 27 INTs .

texbumthelife

Reaction score
There's a difference between a tweener and a versatile player. A tweener is a guy who has some of the attributes to play both positions but maybe not the overall skill set to play either. The versatile guy can do both. And that will be the conundrum with Ramsey. If you see him as versatile, he's a top 5 pick to you. If he's a tweener, he's one of the most overrated players in this class.

I would bet even the NFL teams will disagree on this issue.

One of your better posts on the subject.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
who has actually came to dallas and left without a contract?

Matt Moore, Nolan Carroll, and while forte and Weddle never came here we put feelers out for both of them and of course came back with "they are too expensive".

Reaction score
I like Leon Hall, but I don't understand what the team is trying to do if they don't make a sincere run at Hayward or Carroll, yet they bringing a past-his-prime Hall. They really must think we are right on the cusp. That's all I can think of.

Yes. That's it! We are right on the cusp!

After all, we were 4-12 last year. We're almost there!

mattjames2010

Reaction score

"sincere run" - Weren't we talking to Carroll for like 3-4 days? And it's not like there were multiple teams lining up behind Hayward, ever wonder why that is?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Or maybe they are recognizing the idea that if a veteran can play, they can provide stability to a secondary that clearly lacks a leader and has poor communication.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
They may have interest in Hall because of his ability to play the slot, in-case OScan has any set backs.

KDM256

Reaction score
Don't mind the addition of Leon Hall to Dallas if we can seal the deal but IMO this puts drafting a DB inthe first 3 rounds on the back burner.