Less Prescott = more winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be curious to see the turnover differential in the games where Dak was tossing the ball 30+ times.

It was certainly lower than it is now. Our defense has been down the bottom in turnovers for years. That had been the story until late last year when things started to change.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"But Stash the record says all we need to do is run the ball 30+ times".....what vaccum do these people live in? Seriously to literally ignore how games go that make a QB throw it 50+ times and be able to say "what the hell we should've been running the ball while we were 20 points down in the 3rd"

It’s oversimplification in an attempt to make a point and fool some people. Maybe some buy it and aren’t smart enough to see the big picture? It seems easy to fool people nowadays.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Skip is the ultimate troll. No one really comes close.

But I do agree with him about some stuff. Especially about Rodgers and how he views him.

He's the same guy who called Aikman gay. Aikman to this day despises Skip and does not want to be in the same room together. Funny how they work at the same company now that Skip is with Fox.
Yeah I haven’t respected him since the whole Troy fiasco.
did you take your midol? why you so triggered?
I tagged rockport for you, he's never too busy for you.
:lmao::laugh:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
daniel-day-lewis-armed.gif
Gangs of New York my butt, you just incited the Gangs of the Zone….

:lmao::lmao2:

Shane612

Reaction score
The point is ALSO if your defense can’t stop the other team, you can’t win.

Despite what Cowturd might think (or is intentionally not saying), defense plays a considerable role in winning as well.

It’s not as simple as he - and you - are trying to make it seem.
I'm not disagreeing with you. Of course if you score more than your opponent you'll win.
But, I'll stop with this adage "Good defense is a good offense..."...because a good offense, that eats up the clock, will keep your opponent's offense off the field. It's all connected... somehow.....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you. Of course if you score more than your opponent you'll win.
But, I'll stop with this adage "Good defense is a good offense..."...because a good offense, that eats up the clock, will keep your opponent's offense off the field. It's all connected... somehow.....

To be honest at this point I think its just purley we will eat whatever yards your D wants to give us....pretty much thinking you want to stack the box, I'll give the ball to an outside playmaker.....you want to play 2 safties high, Ill give the ball to one of my backs getting 6 a tote.. I dont even think its a "Try and keep your O off the field" thing I think they are going for scoring everytime they have the ball and are ok scoring on you however you want to have it done to you by.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Exactly right. And it’s part of that bigger picture that I’m talking about.

Go back to that 2016 team. Zeke and the running game were able to cover for the defensive warts all season. Until the playoffs and Aaron Rodgers. And then, not even Dak outperforming Rodgers was enough to carry the team. Just like in week one against Brady. No one guy can do it all.

Nav22

Reaction score
Since when are facts tripe? Now you may not like that fact that the Cowboys are 28-0 when Dakota throws less we run, but it’s not tripe........it’s merely something that y’all don’t want to acknowledge nor defend

Why not embrace it like the rest of us have and admit that this teams offense and success are based on foremost running the rock and having timely passes to compliment it?

It’s not that hard.....just substitute Romo for Prescott and I bet it will come quite easily.......and of course put that smile back on yo face
It’s cute that you think this doesn’t apply to every single NFL QB. When you run more than pass, it means you’re playing with a lead.

Go look up every “elite” QB’s record when his team runs more than passes, and compare it to their record when they pass more than run. You may be shocked by what you find.

Learn football! It’s fun!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Agendas aside, I know that's hard for some of you, this kind of stat applies to most QBs.

When you're playing from behind, having to chase 30+, you're going to throw a lot and not win often. When playing from in front you're going to run the ball (and win) more.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I’m not moving goal posts I think you are just confused I never said anything about Dak in 2016 lol.
lol

that's why he looked good in 16, shot passes, protected the ball, and let zeke pile up yards.

Then super quarterback coach Garrett decides to make him a Brady.

You responded to that, with this
You literally just described Brady in your first sentence.:laugh:

Using semantics to weasel out of your insinuation is... well.... weaselly.

lol

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It’s cute that you think this doesn’t apply to every single NFL QB. When you run more than pass, it means you’re playing with a lead.

Go look up every “elite” QB’s record when his team runs more than passes, and compare it to their record when they pass more than run. You may be shocked by what you find.

Learn football! It’s fun!
Both SB teams passed far more than they ran last season.

You must be shocked.

Nav22

Reaction score
Both SB teams passed far more than they ran last season.

You must be shocked.
You must have reading comprehension issues, or maybe you’re just not too bright.

I’ll repeat myself for you.

Compare every elite QB’s record when they run more than pass vs when they pass more than run.

Still confused? Probably.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
There is a thread where people are asking what Belichick will take away. It should be obvious, the blue print is already out there. The Bucs took away the run, put the ball in Dak's hands.

We already know what the outcome was to that game.
Dak put up massive numbers in that game and put the team in position to win at the end. The defense was beat by Brady and an explosive offense. The Patriots don't have Brady or an explosive offense. It's odd there are so many games to use for reference and you choose one of Dak's best games of his career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol

You responded to that, with this

Using semantics to weasel out of your insinuation is... well.... weaselly.

lol
You don’t know what the hell you are talking about lol. Instead of admitting you are lost you keep putting up this act. Where the hell did I say anything about 2016? You are too busy trying to be right you are missing the point. You butted into a discussion that had nothing to do with you which is par for the course.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You must have reading comprehension issues, or maybe you’re just not too bright.

Compare every elite QB’s record when they run more than pass vs when they pass more than run.

He’s still confused……

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agendas aside, I know that's hard for some of you, this kind of stat applies to most QBs.

When you're playing from behind, having to chase 30+, you're going to throw a lot and not win often. When playing from in front you're going to run the ball (and win) more.
It’s really common sense. If you start games off slow which the Cowboys were notoriously known for yes you abandon the run game and go pass heavy.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
lol sad

You lost all credibility when you thought Wentz>Dak. Stop wasting bandwidth :omg:

You don’t know anything about QBs.
From what I've been reading, nothing about nothing is more like it...
Hey, you know that guy we can't rely on too much or we lose?

We should pay him 40 million dollars a year.
You do know Dak has the option to run and pass every play... so when we run successfully it's still Dak making the right read... are you the resident troll? Every board has them? (I'm fairly new)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

You clearly are confused.

Both of the elite QB's who played in the SB last year passed more than they ran throughout the season. What are you missing here?

So far this season, the Browns, Bears and Saints have run more than they have passed. Next up the list is the Cowboys with 3 more pass attempts than runs.

Elite QB's certainly will benefit from a solid running game but history shows they can and do get it done by passing.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.