Let’s admit something about Schultz

cern

Reaction score
Yes even though there have been slowmos that have shown that Ali did indeed land the punch.
according to ali, the punch was so fast even slomo couldn't capture it. it was a good right to the chin.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After the bad game he had against the Rams the Falcons overlooked him. He’ll be overlooked a lot with the wide receivers we have. Let’s see how he plays the rest of the season.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Schultz was punched in the face mask on the fumble play. If you have the television broadcast it is blatantly obvious on the very first replay. I just watched it again and I am not sure how you are missing it. You can even even see Schultz’s head move from the impact. The punch continues down and forces the ball out.

What you're seeing with that head movement is Schultz's helmet hitting the defenders shoulder pads. If there was a punch with all the turnovers in that game and all the articles that have been written about them surly someone else would have seen this phantom punch to the head and would have added that to the articles. Again with all the turnovers in that game don't you think that Schultz would have said something so his would have that excuse for the turnover?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
These Tes have no go up and snatch a ball skills. Plus The fumble negated anything good. The numbers were good but the offense is 8-8 w these tes.

This is the same Garrett run offense with a few wrinkles.

Greg the Leg was the Mvp and Cd Lamb did great. But Dak had 3 tds so nobody really stepped up in the Red zone offense. The only bright spot w schultz was the Td. Yall know against a good D or playoff team he'll put up zeros
We are about to find out. He is the starter now. He may just step up and take care of business. Your crystal ball might be wrong.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
according to ali, the punch was so fast even slomo couldn't capture it. it was a good right to the chin.

I have a DVD that is just about this fight and shows the punch from 3 different views all in slowmo and all showing the punch land. Not only that one of the views shows Liston's mouth guard was starting to come out immediately have the punch landed

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What you're seeing with that head movement is Schultz's helmet hitting the defenders shoulder pads. If there was a punch with all the turnovers in that game and all the articles that have been written about them surly someone else would have seen this phantom punch to the head and would have added that to the articles. Again with all the turnovers in that game don't you think that Schultz would have said something so his would have that excuse for the turnover?
The head moves prior to the helmets colliding or him hitting shoulder pads. I wish I could post a video so everyone can see. I am literally dumbfounded by this.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there are still many who say ali never punched sonny liston. it was a fix.
I have no doubt Tyson didn't land that punch on Michael Spinks. Spinks took a multi-million dollar dive.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was #54 who hit Schultz as he was punching at the ball to force the fumble. It is blatantly obvious on the first replay on the television broadcast. Just watched it again from my DVR.
You can actually see both of them take a swing, but it may well have been 54 that landed the punch. Would need to go back and look at the angles on the broadcast rather than the angle on the highlight.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You can actually see both of them take a swing, but it may well have been 54 that landed the punch. Would need to go back and look at the angles on the broadcast rather than the angle on the highlight.
If you feel comfortable providing your email address I will send you a video of the replay they showed on the broadcast. I don’t know how to upload it on the site. If so, just PM your email address and I will send the video along.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The head moves prior to the helmets colliding or him hitting shoulder pads. I wish I could post a video so everyone can see. I am literally dumbfounded by this.

Here's the video. To me it looks like a punch landed. However, Shultz actually dips his head into it. The punch glances off and actually hits Shultz' forearm which jars the ball loose. First video is the replay. The second video is the replay but I freeze frame it just after where I think the punch lands and then continue the video.

Shultz-F.gif

Shultz-FF.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If you feel comfortable providing your email address I will send you a video of the replay they showed on the broadcast. I don’t know how to upload it on the site. If so, just PM your email address and I will send the video along.

Whenever you need video, just send me the Bat Signal and I'll be on the job. Lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the offer, but I actually still have it on my DVR, so I can go back and look later if I remember to. I'm like you though - not sure how to upload on this site. You're a step ahead of men though. I wouldn't know how to e-mail the replay.

I actually watched the 4th quarter again last night. That game was one of the most fun to watch we have seen in a long time.

**** I just saw that MarcusRock posted the video just a few posts before this one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I originally said that I watch the slowmo of that play five times and you replied that what you saw on TV while watching the game you saw this punch to the head on one of the replays that were shown. I put it in caps because what I watched was a copy of exactly what was aired during the game but just as important is even if I watched a replay on YouTube where do you think that replay would have come from? You also are the one who brought up a missed face mask call which I responded with there are missed calls in every game but that doesn't mean there was a punch to the head of SAchults. Stop trying to avert attention away from your own doings and putting it on me. I also saw another user reply to you that there was no head punch but here you are trying to imply something about me when it is actually you that made the error to start out with.
You implied he had an agenda, yet he and Aviano both saw a punch to the head, and neither of them has ever been prone to homerism or anti-ref bias.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You implied he had an agenda, yet he and Aviano both saw a punch to the head, and neither of them has ever been prone to homerism or anti-ref bias.
Exactly. I am very anti-conspiracy and anti-ref blaming. This may be the very first time I have argued on behalf of the team. I am not even upset the call was missed. I just can’t believe people looked at the replay and didn’t see Schultz get hit.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whenever you need video, just send me the Bat Signal and I'll be on the job. Lol.
Thanks for the video. What's really hard to tell is if the ball started coming loose from the punch or when the helmets hit. Even in slow motion it's hard to tell. Of course, it could have been a combination.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I know a lot of people are in a great mood over the Cowboys and Shultz but guys, don't get too tilted on this stuff. The biggest part of playing TE in the NFL is staying healthy. It's not just production. Here's the truth, Falcons have a poor pass defense and they weren't really bringing their safeties down to lay the wood. They were staying back in coverage for a lot of that game. Seattle is piss poor in coverage as well. I don't expect them to really do a lot against us either. Shultz could easily have a good game again. I hope he does. But against some of the better teams, I don't think we are going to see that production. More importantly, health is pretty key because all we have outside of him is Bell and he's not a receiving threat at all.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several people on this site have mentioned it, so it's not just an individual fan or two saying it like you imply, and now Marcus Rock has posted the video (Post #253 in this thread). Hell, even if you choose not to call it a punch, I don't know how you could have watched the game replays multiple times like you said and not seen what MarcusRock posted and what people are referring to as a punch. You have been acting as if you saw nothing at all.