Let’s avoid the classless stuff

cern

Reaction score
Oh you're one of these can't forgive people I see. This isn't a good way to live but we are all different
the acts committed by some just don't deserve forgiveness. charles manson? certain leaders who caused ww2? the list is very long.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You didn't read all of the rules upon signing up. Yes, I do not have to agree with you but the reverse is not true. The others understand and abide by that, I don't know why you just can't cooperate.
What are you talking about?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
the acts committed by some just don't deserve forgiveness. charles manson? certain leaders who caused ww2? the list is very long.
You're right I just find the whole idea funny on the first place regarding people we don't know. That's just a personal thing of mine that I always get into disagreements about.

Verdict

Reaction score
Feel bad for Dak but pointing out that he should have signed the 5 year deal is relevant. He cost himself 100 million dollars with that stupidity.

It may be unpalatable to some here, but it is relevant. Gloating over it is probably not a great thing to do on a Cowboys message board, but that doesn’t make it any less true or any less relevant.

I would like to have seen where this team went with Dak. I think this season has a chance to be a success, even with Dalton.

I don’t think one has to choose between supporting Dak and supporting Dalton. I think one can and should do both.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i don't think romo was anywhere near as popular with his teammates as dak. romo wasn't a leader, dak is. romo liked to go to stars and mavs games with garrett and witten. dak chills with his teammates. i didn't dislike romo, but as a person, i like dak a lot more.
I don't know enough about either one to like or dislike them, only what I read and Romo's hobnobbing with starlets pissed some people off and I don't know if they have a problem when Aikman was dating country singers but he delivered rings.

With some fans, these players have to earn the right to their lives. Aikman won, he can date Lorrie Morgan. Romo had the glitch, he doesn't deserve Carrie Underwood or Jessica Simpson. And that trip to Cabo was just so out of line.

One thing about that some failed to consider. Jessica Simpson's creepy father went along on that trip. Remember him photo bombing her when she was in that pink Romo jersey? Would you want to go anywhere with that guy?

Our likes and dislikes of people we do not know are always fascinating to me. All comes back to the sales Theory of 10. Research backs up that out of 10 new people we will meet, we will not like 3 and we will like 3 and often can't describe why we feel either way. In sales, it is the conversion of half the 4 undecideds that seal our success fate.

And it is funny to me but every time I saw Romo with his cap on backwards, I didn't like it but I think the backwards cap thing is dumb anyway. It has a bill in the front for a reason. But I also admit to having an aversion to trendy things, especially phrases.

One thing I do like about Dak is that I don't think he takes anything in his life for granted and absolutely loves the game of football. Those tears were for the disappointment of knowing he would not be out there with his guys and as a QB he is more "one of the guys" than most are but then most are trained to be a little aloof and detached as part of the position of leadership.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has earned tenure. We must all agree with his viewpoints no matter how wacky they can be.... and usually are.
Phil, ya see? CP's known me a long time and is the worse for it.

Man, I am just jacking with you, we're cool. You are most certainly entitled to your opinion (as wrong as it might be and this is whispered to the rest of the forum and you shouldn't be reading it) and I admit it, I am a little over the top when it comes to pets so I find an offense toward them more egregious than most people would. Just the way I am wired....wacky.

Verdict

Reaction score
A moratorium on the Dak criticism and, in some cases, outright hate, is definitely due.

I support Dak. I want him to be the QB going forward. I hope he gets paid, but that it is a reasonable, fair amount for the team and the player.

Criticism of Dak is fair, in some instances. Not believing he is the right guy for the team, even though that is the minority view, is also fair game.

On the other hand guys floating over him getting hurt is distasteful for most here, and rightly so.

cern

Reaction score
Phil, ya see? CP's known me a long time and is the worse for it.

Man, I am just jacking with you, we're cool. You are most certainly entitled to your opinion (as wrong as it might be and this is whispered to the rest of the forum and you shouldn't be reading it) and I admit it, I am a little over the top when it comes to pets so I find an offense toward them more egregious than most people would. Just the way I am wired....wacky.
i'm a dog lover. so i can't stand people who are cruel to animals. and it is a fact that many psychopaths start by exhibiting cruelty towards animals before moving on to people. harbingers.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
i don't think romo was anywhere near as popular with his teammates as dak. romo wasn't a leader, dak is. romo liked to go to stars and mavs games with garrett and witten. dak chills with his teammates. i didn't dislike romo, but as a person, i like dak a lot more.

Never saw this criticism of Romo as valid

Leadership means different things to different people. Some people think "chilling with teammates" qualifies as leadership

Others see leadership as something done by example. Such as coming back in to a key game with busted ribs and a collapsed lung to lead a winning drive in OT

This isn't a "bash" Dak post
Just a defense of this idea that because Romo didn't fraternize with the whole team he wasn't a "leader".

I don't remember Roger carousing all over the Dallas nightclub scene either. Ditto Witten.

Some folks lead by the example of hard work and toughness. By account of those who played with him, Romo was one of those guys imo

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
i'm a dog lover. so i can't stand people who are cruel to animals. and it is a fact that many psychopaths start by exhibiting cruelty towards animals before moving on to people. harbingers.

I do agree, and hurting animals is right below hurting children to me, I will say Vick has been great at being a changed man or really good at keeping a act together of a changed man though. So i would like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Never saw this criticism of Romo as valid

Leadership means different things to different people. Some people think "chilling with teammates" qualifies as leadership

Others see leadership as something done by example. Such as coming back in to a key game with busted ribs and a collapsed lung to lead a winning drive in OT

This isn't a "bash" Dak post
Just a defense of this idea that because Romo didn't fraternize with the whole team he wasn't a "leader".

I don't remember Roger carousing all over the Dallas nightclub scene either. Ditto Witten.

Some folks lead by the example of hard work and toughness. By account of those who played with him, Romo was one of those guys imo
I dont know. I saw Romo go down and never have the outpouring of support not only from his teammates but players around the league. What I saw when Dak went down was players that genuinely care about him and look at him as their leader.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
They treated Romo the same way. How soon do we forget. History likes to rewrite itself with this fanbase.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of fans here who aren’t fans of Dak. I also believe most Cowboys fans, regardless of opinions on the QB situation, are good people who respect our players even if they don’t like their play. Whatever they think of Dak, most would agree that Dak Prescott is a good dude, and in light of his gruesome injury, would show the class we would all expect Cowboys fans to exhibit.

So I have a request: For the few trolls who post completely ridiculous and disrespectful posts about Dak for no other reason to get a rise out of us- can we just avoid posting there altogether so those outrageous threads just die a natural death.

I was saddened to see a 27 year old young man who has suffered some very difficult family losses in his young life, have a serious injury added to his personal challenges. Whatever you think of him as a QB, I would hope we could all at least show a little empathy. I am a Dak fan, but I would feel bad for any of our players who suffered such a devastating injury.

Let’s stay classy. This world is already a pretty negative place these days that could use some empathy and kindness.

You're completely right, Bobhaze. It would be a strange world if all fans agreed on everything. NFL Quarterback is perhaps the most complex position in all of sports. It's why it's so difficult for teams to find the right one. It therefore comes as no surprise that it comes with complex issues, including contract negotiations. I think most fans here respect and admire Dak. He's a fine young man who comes from humble origins, playing football with other kids on a plain grass field, something most of us can relate to because we've done it. It's tough to see a good man like Dak suffer a season-ending injury. I think we can all root for his rehab to go well, regardless of what anyone's opinion is on his contract or his abilities.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I dont know. I saw Romo go down and never have the outpouring of support not only from his teammates but players around the league. What I saw when Dak went down was players that genuinely care about him and look at him as their leader.

I think the severity of the injury probably has something to do with it as well

Not to minimize a broken collarbone but when you see a guys foot pointed the opposite way it's supposed to, it has an emotional effect

I mean a lot of guys thought Theismann was kind of an arrogant jerk but even LT was visibily moved when he snapped his leg in half.

Again not bashing Dak. But leadership is a subjective take for people who aren't in the locker room. It was a gruesome injury. He would have had to be a world class A hole to not get an outpouring of support after having that happen. If it was a routine concussion or busted collarbone for example, I'm guessing people wouldn't have reacted the same way

Nexx

Reaction score
means nothing that people like you. where was Dak's leadership last year when things were down? it Michael Bennett who had been with the team for a whole two weeks who had to speak up in the locker room after a loss. That goes to show Dak might not be a true leader in a sense but that the players like him a lot.

phildadon86

Reaction score
means nothing that people like you. where was Dak's leadership last year when things were down? it Michael Bennett who had been with the team for a whole two weeks who had to speak up in the locker room after a loss. That goes to show Dak might not be a true leader in a sense but that the players like him a lot.

Judging you based on your avatar alone is enough for me. Since you're judging Daks leadership based on one event. Were you in the locker room? Or just going based off reports? I am going based on what i actually SAW, and what players have SAID about Dak. Players like Jason Witten who played with Romo said "he would run thru a brick wall" for Dak. The fact you are even trying to have an unbiased conversation about Dak with that as your avatar is a joke in and of itself. Dak's leadership has never been questioned by anyone in that locker room. Ever.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I mean Micheal Bennett was a big voice in the Seahawks locker room, I dont think that took anything away from Russell....Kinda like Haley in the 90's...