Let’s avoid the classless stuff

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I would never root for a season ending injury. However, if any were to occur among the teams on my schedule, I'd prefer to play those teams after their respective injuries occurred.

I'm a firm believer in "lf you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"
Yeah, I wouldn't be happy, but maybe relieved or lucky an opposing player got injured.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a scenario where you dislike someone so much that you are happy they are hurt....like I just can't. I can't stand Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady but my hate for them doesn't run that deep. I just can't see it.
Because it has nothing to do with football

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a scenario where you dislike someone so much that you are happy they are hurt....like I just can't. I can't stand Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady but my hate for them doesn't run that deep. I just can't see it.
Not as a fan, no way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are players I can't stand that I still wouldn't be happy they got a season ending injury. I want to play the best competition there is. The idea that some "fans" appeared glowingly gitty that Prescott went down is disturbing.
Same thing happened with Romo.

Some posters don't look at them as people. We're used to seeing them injured all the time and they're dressed like warriors so it is easy to dehumanize them into gladiators. It's the risk they run and most are paid handsomely to do it is justification for some.

Some dislike Prescott as the QB so much that short of something catastrophic, they're OK with anything that takes him out of that position. And the sports media is a little over the top on this, he didn't lose a leg.

This is Romo all over again and part of it has to do with a lack of pedigree. How dare the great and wonderful America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys, get a QB in UDFA and then top that off with a 4th rounder, that's not who we are! Hell, I've got a couple of buds that were Romorooters as an avocation. Anytime he screwed up, they'd be "what do you expect, he wasn't even drafted"? I'd respond "the guy has been to the pb, I think you can let the draft go".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, vick transcends that and I do hate him as a pos and still hope something happens to him and I do not apologize for feeling that way. But that has nothing to do with on the field stuff.

Rodgers is just arrogant and smug and easy to dislike but I don't wish anything bad on him, or Brady. I wouldn't mind if that dog he's throwing the ball for would go a little rabid and attack his crotch so he doesn't bring any little Rodgers or Rodgerettes into this world.

jnday

Reaction score
I really haven’t seen much criticism or trolling about Dak.

Which tells me I’ve already ignored most of the right people to ignore.
To be honest, I have looked for these disrespectful posts and I haven’t found the first post that was out of line. I have never seen a player’s injury that has been dramatized like Dak’s injury either. Romo had several serious injuries and nobody started a pity party for him. There have been numerous injuries in the last few years that Dallas players have suffered from, but posters never acted in such a defensive manner. Dak’s injury looked bad, but it is far from being a career killer type of injury. The Dak defenders have created a false reaction, but in reality nobody has cheered about the injury.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For me, vick transcends that and I do hate him as a pos and still hope something happens to him and I do not apologize for feeling that way. But that has nothing to do with on the field stuff.

Rodgers is just arrogant and smug and easy to dislike but I don't wish anything bad on him, or Brady. I wouldn't mind if that dog he's throwing the ball for would go a little rabid and attack his crotch so he doesn't bring any little Rodgers or Rodgerettes into this world.
Ehh I mean I don't hate Vick but I can get why someone would. But Dak has done nothing like that which is why I'm kind of confused by the hate he gets but it is what it is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Oh you're one of these can't forgive people I see. This isn't a good way to live but we are all different

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh you're one of these can't forgive people I see. This isn't a good way to live but we are all different
And you surmise that from my distaste for vick? I do not forgive him because I do not consider him worthy of that and it's not my place to forgive him.

Interesting concept, forgiveness. I guess everyone is deserving of a second chance? No, not in my world they're not. Crimes of passion are understandable but the premediated torture and killing of an animal is not worthy of forgiveness and I deem that disgusting animal expendable. I had hoped he get killed in prison and then I would have forgiven the guy that ended his life.

That worthless pos isn't any different than he was before, that was all a bs act to get his job back and even the ASCPA and every pet organization in the country saw through that.

And I forgive your ignorance in assuming I am not a forgiving person based on this one instance. I have even forgiven myself for having my own fantasies about ending his life myself and getting a parade.

ondaedg

Reaction score
If you can't understand simple English maybe you're the one that needs glasses. Like I said I'm not a teenager I don't pay that much attention to that stuff. We're adults words work

So you’re being salty because I used an emoji. Got it!

:thumbup:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
And you surmise that from my distaste for vick? I do not forgive him because I do not consider him worthy of that and it's not my place to forgive him.

Interesting concept, forgiveness. I guess everyone is deserving of a second chance? No, not in my world they're not. Crimes of passion are understandable but the premediated torture and killing of an animal is not worthy of forgiveness and I deem that disgusting animal expendable. I had hoped he get killed in prison and then I would have forgiven the guy that ended his life.

That worthless pos isn't any different than he was before, that was all a bs act to get his job back and even the ASCPA and every pet organization in the country saw through that.

And I forgive your ignorance in assuming I am not a forgiving person based on this one instance. I have even forgiven myself for having my own fantasies about ending his life myself and getting a parade.
Do I know you? So of course I surmise that from your Vick take. If its not your place how can you consider him worthy or not of forgiveness?

No every one isn't deserving of a second chance but I find it funny what people overall seem to care about in deserving of second chances. The inconsistencies are always funny to me. You don't know Vick so how can you say he hasn't changed? Sounds like you're mad he was able to return to a lucrative career. You don't need to forgive yourself for fantasies you wouldn't do even if you were given the chance to.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of fans here who aren’t fans of Dak. I also believe most Cowboys fans, regardless of opinions on the QB situation, are good people who respect our players even if they don’t like their play. Whatever they think of Dak, most would agree that Dak Prescott is a good dude, and in light of his gruesome injury, would show the class we would all expect Cowboys fans to exhibit.

So I have a request: For the few trolls who post completely ridiculous and disrespectful posts about Dak for no other reason to get a rise out of us- can we just avoid posting there altogether so those outrageous threads just die a natural death.

I was saddened to see a 27 year old young man who has suffered some very difficult family losses in his young life, have a serious injury added to his personal challenges. Whatever you think of him as a QB, I would hope we could all at least show a little empathy. I am a Dak fan, but I would feel bad for any of our players who suffered such a devastating injury.

Let’s stay classy. This world is already a pretty negative place these days that could use some empathy and kindness.

I don’t understand the Dak hate. Sure he can be inconsistent with accuracy. Sure he might miss a few reads. Sure he might hold the ball a bit too long sometimes. Does anyone question whether Dak is a good man? He seems to be a great guy and an excellent leader. No one should cheer his injury. No one.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do I know you? So of course I surmise that from your Vick take. If its not your place how can you consider him worthy or not of forgiveness?

No every one isn't deserving of a second chance but I find it funny what people overall seem to care about in deserving of second chances. The inconsistencies are always funny to me. You don't know Vick so how can you say he hasn't changed? Sounds like you're mad he was able to return to a lucrative career. You don't need to forgive yourself for fantasies you wouldn't do even if you were given the chance to.
Phil, bolded, since the first is fact do not assume the last is.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but why are we focusing on the few bad eggs? This is anything in life, don't give them attention. This thread changes nothing about the people it's directed at.

cern

Reaction score
To be honest, I have looked for these disrespectful posts and I haven’t found the first post that was out of line. I have never seen a player’s injury that has been dramatized like Dak’s injury either. Romo had several serious injuries and nobody started a pity party for him. There have been numerous injuries in the last few years that Dallas players have suffered from, but posters never acted in such a defensive manner. Dak’s injury looked bad, but it is far from being a career killer type of injury. The Dak defenders have created a false reaction, but in reality nobody has cheered about the injury.
i don't think romo was anywhere near as popular with his teammates as dak. romo wasn't a leader, dak is. romo liked to go to stars and mavs games with garrett and witten. dak chills with his teammates. i didn't dislike romo, but as a person, i like dak a lot more.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t understand the Dak hate. Sure he can be inconsistent with accuracy. Sure he might miss a few reads. Sure he might hold the ball a bit too long sometimes. Does anyone question whether Dak is a good man? He seems to be a great guy and an excellent leader. No one should cheer his injury. No one.
No, they shouldn't anymore than they did Romo, I think he is a good man as well.

One thing we do here as well as the old forum is make judgments to the worthiness of someone to hold a position on the team, be that owner, coach or player. I don't think anyone consciously is celebrating Prescott getting injured but they are happy he is sidelined. For whatever their reason, just like Romo, they do not like him as the DC QB.

There are just some that feel Dak Prescott is not deserving of the DC QB position. What is silly is to argue with that. It's their opinion and they are welcome to that as well as a Prescott fan.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can assume or whatever else I choose. You don't have to agree with it and the same goes for me towards you.
You didn't read all of the rules upon signing up. Yes, I do not have to agree with you but the reverse is not true. The others understand and abide by that, I don't know why you just can't cooperate.