Let’s be clear, Dak carried the team

Romotil45

Reaction score
When did they start counting almost picks?

Mrs. Romo, we've asked you to stop doing this and accept the reality. Dak didn't take Tony's job, Tony lost it.

Get over it Coach Tony Romo is dead to me hes been out of the league over 5 yrs. I would change my nick if I new how. Im a proud Dak critic. I choose to point out his mistakes instead of blowing sunshine up his backside Because I like the Kid. He threw a pick had 2 dropped thats not carrying a team thats detrimental to a team.

Romotil45

Reaction score
The game plan was for Prescott to throw

That was actually the right game plan.

Dallas lost because of their kicking game

Oh well, on to Los Angeles.

I agree staying away from the Bucs D front was the right game plan. Your right kicking game was bad. Considering he put the ball up 58 times Dak didnt play terrible but he had a pick and 2 picks dropped thats not ideal. Having said all that competing that well against a top five team maybe the best team in the NFL is encouraging.

uvaballa

Reaction score
He looks fully confident in making any throw. Not sure that was always the case but now he doesn’t mind throwing into tight windows. If he can stay healthy he should have a monster year.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Tampa Bay dared the cowboys to beat them with Prescott throwing it. They were really geared to stop the run with their shotty secondary. Without Tampa shooting themselves in the foot it’s likely a comfortable win for them.

I agree they new at some point Dak would throw a few balls right at defenders which he did. Agreed without the four tunovers by the Bucs they win easily.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Dak played great as always.

Offense overall played outstanding.

Young defense played their hearts out.

Questionable calls by the coaching staff.

I was overall pleasantly surprised and I am looking forward to the next game which is a far cry from last year.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Total props he was excellent , even on the INT the ball went through Lambs arms. Dallas went in throwing the run game in the garbage can but overall I give Joe Philbin and the troops a good grade . Dak had time to work the secondary over .

In what world is a pick and 2 picks dropped excellent ? Considering he put it up 58 times Dak played OK. Not excellent.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In what world is a pick and 2 picks dropped excellent ? Considering he put it up 58 times Dak played OK. Not excellent.
Wrong, he was excellent. Making BS up and blaming him for INTs that never happened is beyond idiotic. Or, you're just doing this on purpose.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
When did they start counting almost picks?.

Football Outsiders tracks Adjusted Interceptions which subtracts interceptions that shouldn't be counted against the QB and adds interceptions that should have occurred to try and give a clearer picture of how the QB performed. Last night they would probably remove the actual interception and add 2 that the defense probably should have intercepted due to bad passes from Dak. In this case, @Romotil45 is trying to add on the "should be" interceptions without removing the tip ball interception. Clear sign of an agenda.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2021/adjusted-interceptions-2020

Romotil45

Reaction score
Wrong, he was excellent. Making BS up and blaming him for INTs that never happened is beyond idiotic. Or, you're just doing this on purpose.

Dak played OK and I like the Kid but blowing sunshine up his backside wont help him learn to read defenses and stop throwing the ball right at defenders.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas played awesome.

I’ll take that kind of coaching and effort all day everyday.

There would be a lot less complaining from me if we saw more of that.

The quarterback’s name needs to be in here.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Football Outsiders tracks Adjusted Interceptions which subtracts interceptions that shouldn't be counted against the QB and adds interceptions that should have occurred to try and give a clearer picture of how the QB performed. Last night they would probably remove the actual interception and add 2 that the defense probably should have intercepted due to bad passes from Dak. In this case, @Romotil45 is trying to add on the "should be" interceptions without removing the tip ball interception. Clear sign of an agenda.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2021/adjusted-interceptions-2020

And what agenda would that be ? A pick is a pick tipped or not and I can make the argument that the ball on that play should have gone elsewhere. So you agree they would have added the 2 picks dropped ?. Im not Bashing Dak I like the kid Im actually pleased that he played as well as he did considering he had to put it up 58 times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s been carrying the team for at least the last two seasons. The Cowboys would have gotten blown out last night with a lesser QB.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And what agenda would that be ? A pick is a pick tipped or not and I can make the argument that the ball on that play should have gone elsewhere. So you agree they would have added the 2 picks dropped ?. Im not Bashing Dak I like the kid Im actually pleased that he played as well as he did considering he had to put it up 58 times.
You can't have it both ways. Yes, a pick is a pick if you want to view it through that lens. If so, a dropped interception is still not an interception and therefore shouldn't be mentioned. If you want to add on "should be" interceptions to make him look worse, then remove the interceptions that aren't his fault. It's only fair. If you're unwilling to be fair, that shows an agenda.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to agree with Aviano. If you are going to ding him with INT's that should have been you should also take away INT's that shouldn't have been. It's not fair or reasonable to factor in how we think plays should have gone otherwise.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I thought Dak played well but that didn't surprise me. Oline at times did. Tight end needs to learn how to block. Defense at times were physical. But it still all ended in a loss. Back to the drawing board.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Dak played well but that didn't surprise me. Oline at times did. Tight end needs to learn how to block. Defense at times were physical. But it still all ended in a loss. Back to the drawing board.
I wouldn't say back to the drawing board - that seems to suggest reconsidering and redoing everything. I think there was a lot to build from in this game.

For the most part I agree with your assessment. Dak did play well. O-Line did a very nice job in pass protection against a strong defensive front. Would like to see them stronger in the un game, even against a strong defensive front. Maybe Martin coming back will help with that. Overall I was pretty pleased with McGovern though. TE blocking is a problem. Was glad to see both involved as receivers though. Defense I think it a work in progress. Not where it needs to be, but that's a pretty strong TB offense.