Let’s be honest: our talent level is bottom 15 in the league

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Same QB, same RB, same offensive line, same WRs, same Dline, same LB core, parts of the same secondary- So we were about the same, yet we went 13-3 so our coaching is superior.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Good counter argument guys. Solid analysis. It’s so funny, but you’re not capable of making 1 valid counter point
I think I was agreeing with mostly with what you said. lol I hope Captain-Crash was being satcastic. lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The reason we went 13-3 is because we used our running game to our advantage and had no injuries. If we can do that again we can compete but I wouldn't expect a big playoff run. Dak has got to bounce back this year and Smith has got to be healthy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qb- middle of the road
RB- great
WR- One of the worst units in the league
TE- Witten is a backup at this point and there’s no other starting caliber TE on the roster
OL- IF Tyron is healthy it’s still a very good unit. Big if and there is still 1 starter missing
DL- Getting better, but still middle of the road. 1 tech is still (perpetually) missing. Depth is also an issue behind the injury prone Lawrence.
LB- Yuck. just yuck
DB- Young CB’s are a breath of fresh air, but is there a #1 guy amongst the group? Very debatable
S- Little to no talent here. Minimum 1 starter still needed. Heath is just barely passable enough but should also be replaced if possible.

Discuss
Overreaction.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
"Same offensive line"? 2 out of 5 starters are changed from 2016.

"Same receivers?" Seriously?

Here's a roster rundown and list of starters from that 2016 team:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2016_roster.htm

Not close to "the same."
3 of the same pro bowlers on the O-line. Dez/Williams/Butler/Bease/Witten - Zeke - Same offense, couldn't put up numbers. Pretty much the same defense, couldn't put up numbers. You act as if everyone on the offense was swapped out and same with the defense. Our coaching staff is tops in the league if our talent is woeful.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 of the same pro bowlers on the O-line. Dez/Williams/Butler/Bease/Witten - Zeke - Same offense, couldn't put up numbers. Pretty much the same defense, couldn't put up numbers. You act as if everyone on the offense was swapped out and same with the defense. Our coaching staff is tops in the league if our talent is woeful.

No, you act like it's "the same" when it isn't close. Just a poor attempt.

Aven8

Reaction score
How do we have a weak Oline again with 3 1st rounders and one that could have been?? If that's really the case we need to quit extending them! I'm actually going to wait to see what the new Oline coach can do with them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You take away 2 or 3 scrubs and it's not the same?

Again, you need to go back and look at the reality of things and the actual number of players and starters that did change.

Your oversimplification is off-base.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Qb- middle of the road
RB- great
TE- Witten is a backup at this point and there’s no other starting caliber TE on the roster
OL- IF Tyron is healthy it’s still a very good unit. Big if and there is still 1 starter missing
DL- Getting better, but still middle of the road. 1 tech is still (perpetually) missing. Depth is also an issue behind the injury prone Lawrence.
LB- Yuck. just yuck
DB- Young CB’s are a breath of fresh air, but is there a #1 guy amongst the group? Very debatable
S- Little to no talent here. Minimum 1 starter still needed. Heath is just barely passable enough but should also be replaced if possible.

Discuss

Its a joke to say QB is middle of the road. Dak is young, thats it. And no QB will do will if the receivers suck, the oline cant block, and no run game to protect him. And oh yah the coaching staff stinks too.

The rest I have to agree with.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Again, you need to go back and look at the reality of things and the actual number of players and starters that did change.

Your oversimplification is off-base.
Rid of the RT and the LG, you guys wanted them gone, no? Same receiving and RB and QB core that won 13 games. Defensive line looks the same except Taco. LB's looked pretty much the same, Smith added nothing and was benched during the season. The guys in the secondary, you guys wanted them gone. Called them scrubs, so I'll say it again, if you're saying that this team has ZERO talent, then this coaching staff is first class.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Qb- middle of the road
RB- great
LB- Yuck. just yuck

Discuss

Discuss? It's you opinion. End of discussion

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not sure you understand what the word talent means. I’m talking talent level and you’re citing statistics. Do you honestly believe Dak has great TALENT as an NFL QB? Arm strength, accuracy, ability to read a D. As an NFL QB Dak is indeed middle of the road. But again, doesn’t mean he can’t succeed.

Absolutely. Dak has GREAT TALENT. If you havent seen it already, then by all means continue on.

Nothing middle of the road about Dak. He has had two of the best first two years for a QB in NFL history. He was on pace to better his stats in his rookie year before the line and run game fell apart last year. It was obvious in preseason his rookie year. Couldnt be more obvious actually.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rid of the RT and the LG, you guys wanted them gone, no? Same receiving and RB and QB core that won 13 games. Defensive line looks the same except Taco. LB's looked pretty much the same, Smith added nothing and was benched during the season. The guys in the secondary, you guys wanted them gone. Called them scrubs, so I'll say it again, if you're saying that this team has ZERO talent, then this coaching staff is first class.

What is this "you guys" nonsense now?

Just face the fact that you tried to call something "the same" when it clearly isn't.

If you want to debate the quality of these players, go ahead and do that. But don't try to do it based on an inaccurate, blanket assessment and a record a different team achieved.