Let’s clarify what passing accuracy really means

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Sep 9, 2019.

1. ThemDangMartians

ThemDangMartians Well-Known Member

1,715 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    ...I saw Brady throw terrible passes in his Sunday game...but the ones he did connect on determined the outcome....just like Dak!

2. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

9,902 Messages
    10,475 Likes Received
    He wasn't the problem with less offensive weapons and a lower caliber defense in the postseason.

3. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

21,672 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Didn’t say he was the problem. You don’t have to be the problem without not being enough.

The point is unless he becomes an Elite QB and prolific passer he won’t get a pass without leading the Cowboys to a championship.

Great QB’s need a strong supporting cast to be successful . It’s what they do with it that separates them from the pack.

4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

21,003 Messages
    6,881 Likes Received
    In today's NFL, this is really untrue.

Props for not using Completion % though

5. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

11,553 Messages
    4,454 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't know if a more accurate Dak would have been enough for the Rams playoff game last year but it sure would have helped. He was not accurate that day. He missed a few wide open guys when he had time that would have been big plays.

Sunday he was definitely accurate. There are no questions about that. You don't have to hit every receiver in stride on every pass to be accurate. He was off the charts Sunday. There was not a single pass caught in spite of the throw and there were 3 perfect ones dropped.

Diehardblues likes this.
  6. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,430 Messages
    1,248 Likes Received
    The last sentence is about the only thing I agree with. The other part of this whole write up is bs. jmo

7. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

9,902 Messages
    10,475 Likes Received
    I didn't say you said anything, just making a statement. I couldn't care less what some think warrants a pass.

8. Diehardblues

21,672 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Then what was your intent in response ? You give him a pass?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  9. Diehardblues

21,672 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Dak only converted 1 of 10 3rd downs against the Rams. Surely that was a problem and a contributing factor?

aikemirv likes this.
  10. Diehardblues

21,672 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Hopefully Dak won’t be like Romo where he doesn’t have his best games on the biggest stages?

11. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

11,553 Messages
    4,454 Likes Received
    Yep, I have no problem giving Dak credit for good games but the Rams game was not one of them for sure!

Diehardblues likes this.
  12. Diehardblues

21,672 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Yea, apparently some fans are sensitive to any criticism which might be construed as blame.

13. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

7,521 Messages
    13,562 Likes Received
    Dak had a great game and looks much improved. If that's the kind of play we get outta Dak most times...we have a QB.

14. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

7,521 Messages
    13,562 Likes Received
    To me, that's a good sign. Dak made a good decision...just get the ball near him and let Jarwin do the rest. Jarwin was so open he could have had a coffee...

15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

5,684 Messages
    2,878 Likes Received
    Great post, I'll say that what I saw Sunday was Dak hit receivers in stride and that allow more RAC. The anticipation was there, he wasn't waiting until the receiver was open to throw it and lastly Kellen Moore allowed him to attack the deep middle of the field. Up until last game dak would throw mostly short, short middle and deep outside, hopefully this continues from now on.