Let’s do a 53

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Hill should be cut but will make the squad probably.

No way Washington is cut from the WR room until Gallup is back.

Ridgway is a PS player I believe for now.

Joseph will survive cuts because some of the other young guys will pass waivers.

We will keep max 3 RB's and 3 TE's. wasted spot otherwise at this point.

If we keep 6 WR's then one of them is gone when Gallup comes back, so I think we keep 5 WR's and add an extra D-linemen for cut consideration when Gallup returns.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
A bulk of that roster won 12 games leading the league in penalties......but now minus Amari and Gregory...they're a 7 win team........:facepalm:

What you won last year means absolutely nothing in a new season because your division got a bit better while we largely lost talent. We swept the East last season, don't think that happens this season, we are also playing a tougher schedule than last year. Couple that with Dak's inability to lead an attack where the running game isn't working this is going to be a lost year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Goodwin is a waste of a roster spot and cap dollars....every year.

Some of y'all want to pretend like he is Steve Tasker but we have a half dozen guys who can cover kicks and maybe be an actual corner or WR some day.

If you're gonna have a ST only coverage guy, he needs to make more plays than Goodwin does.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol, he for sure isn't awful. When he tackles, the ball carrier goes down. He stopped a drive in the Denver game because he made the tackle and stopped them from making a first down. I have him in front of Joseph. I think it makes since to cut Joseph because of his character issues and Bland is better than he is.

Wright was abused in the passing game. It would be beyond stupid to cut Joseph for Wright. One, Joseph is better with more upside. Two, you actually would save some cap space if you cut Wright. If you cut Joseph, you have to actually take an additional $1.5 million in cap hits for this year.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Wright was abused in the passing game. It would be beyond stupid to cut Joseph for Wright. One, Joseph is better with more upside. Two, you actually would save some cap space if you cut Wright. If you cut Joseph, you have to actually take an additional $1.5 million in cap hits for this year.
You need better eyes when watching corners

Sydla

Reaction score
You need better eyes when watching corners

LOL. You think Wright played well enough to be considered for a 53 man roster spot?

Is this the part of the exercise where people get uber defensive of their pet cats?

Joseph is a knucklehead but a talented knucklehead. I give him this season to prove his worth. If not, he's a goner. But I always will bank on the more talented kid over one that is just OK. In the end, there's good chance neither are long term solutions at CB.

Motorola

Reaction score
What I would do at this point.

QB (2) Dak and Grier
RB (4) Zeke, TP, Dowdle, Davis
TE (4) Schultz, Ferg, McKeon, Hendershot
WR (6)Lamb, Tolbert, Brown, Simi, Houston, Turpin
OL(9) Tyron, Tyler, Tyler, Zack, Steele, Farniok, McG, Ball, Alacron
DL (10) Tank, Sam, Armstrong, Chauncey, Fowler, Gallimore, Osa, Bohana, Watkins, Basham
LB (5) Micah, Cox, Barr, LVE, Gifford
CB (5) Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Bossman, Bland
S (4) Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Bell
ST (4) Anger, McQuiade, Goodwin, some kicker.
Will check
What I would do at this point.

QB (2) Dak and Grier
RB (4) Zeke, TP, Dowdle, Davis
TE (4) Schultz, Ferg, McKeon, Hendershot
WR (6)Lamb, Tolbert, Brown, Simi, Houston, Turpin
OL(9) Tyron, Tyler, Tyler, Zack, Steele, Farniok, McG, Ball, Alacron
DL (10) Tank, Sam, Armstrong, Chauncey, Fowler, Gallimore, Osa, Bohana, Watkins, Basham
LB (5) Micah, Cox, Barr, LVE, Gifford
CB (5) Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Bossman, Bland
ST (4) Anger, McQuiade, Goodwin, some kicker.
Will have to check back the day of the first game to see how many you're correct on.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
LOL. You think Wright played well enough to be considered for a 53 man roster spot?

Is this the part of the exercise where people get uber defensive of their pet cats?

Joseph is a knucklehead but a talented knucklehead. I give him this season to prove his worth. If not, he's a goner. But I always will bank on the more talented kid over one that is just OK. In the end, there's good chance neither are long term solutions at CB.
If anybody searched my post history I never had any thoughts about Wright good or bad. I'm going off of their movements and coverage. Joseph is the worst cornerback on the team.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
QB
Dak Prescott
Cooper Rush

RB
Ezekiel Elliott
Tony Pollard
Rico Dowdle

WR
CeeDee Lamb
Noah Brown
Kevonte Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Jalen Tolbert
Dennis Houston

TE
Dalton Schultz
Jake Ferguson
Sean McKeon

LT
Tyron Smith
Josh Ball

LG
Tyler Smith
Connor McGovern
C
Tyler Biadiaz
Matt Farinok

RG
Zack Martin

RT
Terrence Steele
Matt Waletzsko

RDE
Daunte Fowler
Dorance Armstrong

RDT
Osa Odighizuwa
Trystin Hill

LDT
Neville Gallimore
Quinton Bohanna
John Ridgeway

LDE
Demarcus Lawrence
Sam Williams
Chauncy Golston

OLB
Anthony Barr
Jabril Cox
Storey Jackson

MLB
Micah Parsons
Leighton Vander Esch
Luke Gifford

RCB
Trevon Diggs
Nashon Wright

LCB
Kelvin Joseph
Daron Bland

NICKEL
Anthony Brown
Jourdan Lewis

FS
Malik Hooker
Donavan Wilson
Israel Mukamu

SS
Jayron Kearse
Marquese Bell

P
Bryan Anger

K
Brett Maher

LS
Jake McQuade

PRACTICE SQUAD
Brandon Smith
TJ Vasher
Aaron Shampklin
Issiac Alarcon
James Empey
Alec Lindstrom
Devin Harper
Issiac Taylor- Stewart
Tyler Coyle
Juanyeh Thomas
Peyton Hendershot
Malik Davis
Adom Simon

IR
Michael Gallup
James Washington
Damone Clark
You and @Teague31 fighting for top two right now.

Sydla

Reaction score
If anybody searched my post history I never had any thoughts about Wright good or bad. I'm going off of their movements and coverage. Joseph is the worst cornerback on the team.

Wright was torched on Saturday night. He was the worst CB on the field that night. He was targeted 7 times and gave up 7 receptions. Joseph was targeted 5 times and gave up 3 catches. Neither was good, but Wright was the worst CB on the field for the Cowboys against the Broncos.

J-man

Reaction score
QB (2) Dak and Rush
RB (3) Zeke, Tony, Shamp
TE (3) Schultz, Ferg, McKeon
WR (7) Lamb, Tolbert, Washington, Brown, Simi, Turpin, *Houston, (*Gallup when healthy)
OL(8) Tyron, Tyler, Tyler, Zack, Steele, Farniok, McG, Waletzko

DE (5) Tank, Sam, Armstrong, Fowler, Basham
DT (5) Gallimore, Osa, Hill, Watkins, Ridgeway
LB (6) Micah, Cox, Barr, LVE, Gifford, *Story (*Clark if/when healthy)
CB (7) Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Bossman, Bland, Goodwin, hopefully a player Not NaWright

ST (3) Maher, Anger, McQuiade

rambo2

Reaction score

Wright will make the team. He will be on special teams. He will be one of the gunners on the punt team. Joseph is on the bubble because he is a knucklehead and Bland has shown that he is a better player.

rambo2

Reaction score
Wright was torched on Saturday night. He was the worst CB on the field that night. He was targeted 7 times and gave up 7 receptions. Joseph was targeted 5 times and gave up 3 catches. Neither was good, but Wright was the worst CB on the field for the Cowboys against the Broncos.
Wright for sure tackles better than Joseph and he can line up on a field goal and not be offside.