Let’s do a 53

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He may be correct, but it's not because Wright played better than Joseph.

Personally, I don't think the Cowboys let a 2nd rounder walk, even in light of the shooting, which he's been cleared in.
He's had a WAY better camp than Joseph and they both played bad in the game. So basically, Joseph hasn't played good all off-season. How's that? And next 2 games would you bet money on bossman turning things around or Wright?

rambo2

Reaction score
He's had a WAY better camp than Joseph and they both played bad in the game. So basically, Joseph hasn't played good all off-season. How's that? And next 2 games would you bet money on bossman turning things around or Wright?
Wright does look better. If they didn't call that penalty on him, he would have had a pick and he made a couple of outstanding tackles. Wright is making the team. He certainly will play on special teams. Joseph looks like he is on the bubble and might not make it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak’s inability to lead an attack? Since when? When they won 12 games last year? They’ve been beating the NFC East *** every year Dak has been in the league. I guess that’s suppose to change now.

Did you watch the 49er game? How about the Broncos? This is a team that fades when the competition is good and the run game is shut down. The league knows that Dak Prescott isn't the QB who is going to beat them with his arm.

Sydla

Reaction score

Personally, I don't think the Cowboys let a 2nd rounder walk, even in light of the shooting, which he's been cleared in.

Exactly.

If they didn't cut him over that, they aren't cutting him now and taking a cap hit. Joseph is making the 53. Now the next offseason? Yeah, if he's not improved or gets stupid off the field again, he's a prime candidate to get sent packing.

Sydla

Reaction score

Frankly I wouldn't bet on either turning it around.

It's perplexing why people are so bullish on Wright. He's a JAG, a depth guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did you watch the 49er game? How about the Broncos? This is a team that fades when the competition is good and the run game is shut down. The league knows that Dak Prescott isn't the QB who is going to beat them with his arm.
Yet he beat the league 11 times last year….and you have faith in the rest of the quarterbacks in the NFC East to lead with their quarterbacks arms?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

He was sent home last year and basically wasted his rookie year.
They don't love anything about Kelvin Joseph.
Dallas drafts well enough that they can cut losses and move on quickly. --see Taco.

All that said Connor L has them keeping 11 DL, 6 LB and only 5 CB which I am definitely NOT doing.
Team plays 3.5DL, 2.5 LB, 5-6 DBs.
I'm keeping 9 DL with outside shot at 10th.
6 LB because Parsons and Fowler(if kept) are Edge Rushers.

Team plays a ton of 3 Safety sets and I am keeping at least 11 total DBs, guys who can cross train and help on ST such, Israel Mukuamu/Markquese Ball
def get a slot.
How professional Joseph has been post the investigation would likely be deciding factor for me. He has the athletic ability but that has to be developed which requires a work ethic and love for the game. No more David Irvings.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He was sent home last year and basically wasted his rookie year.
They don't love anything about Kelvin Joseph.
Dallas drafts well enough that they can cut losses and move on quickly. --see Taco.

All that said Connor L has them keeping 11 DL, 6 LB and only 5 CB which I am definitely NOT doing.
Team plays 3.5DL, 2.5 LB, 5-6 DBs.
I'm keeping 9 DL with outside shot at 10th.
6 LB because Parsons and Fowler(if kept) are Edge Rushers.

Team plays a ton of 3 Safety sets and I am keeping at least 11 total DBs, guys who can cross train and help on ST such, Israel Mukuamu/Markquese Ball
def get a slot.
How professional Joseph has been post the investigation would likely be deciding factor for me. He has the athletic ability but that has to be developed which requires a work ethic and love for the game. No more David Irvings.
I'm positive about the linebacker group...if the top three and Cox remains healthy...but hold the secondary corners all dependable. Not backup movie fill ins.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
QB (2) Dak and Grier
RB (3) Zeke, Pollard, Shampklin
TE (4) Schultz, Ferg, McKeon, Hendershot
WR (6)Lamb, Tolbert, Brown, Simi, Houston, Turpin
OL(9) Tyron, Tyler, Tyler, Zack, Steele, Farniok, McG, Ball, Simon
DL (10) Tank, Sam, Armstrong, Chauncey, Fowler, Gallimore, Osa, Bohanna, Hill, Basham
LB (6) Micah, Cox, Barr, LVE, Jackson, Harper
CB (6) Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Joseph, Bland, Wright
S (4) Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Bell
ST (3) Anger, McQuiade, Kicker

I changed my 53 to include Hill.

I don't think Ridgeway makes it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Cut: Davis, Henderson and Ball.

Keep: Hill, Ridgeway and Wright.

Stay heavy at WR (have no choice), Secondary and both lines.