Let’s do a 53

Sydla

Reaction score
Wright for sure tackles better than Joseph and he can line up on a field goal and not be offside.

First and foremost, your CB has to be able to cover. Wright was torched worse than any CB on Saturday night. Not much value in a special teams CB who gets absolutely torched every time he takes the field. Wright had better play better in subsequent games or he's destined for the practice squad.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
First and foremost, your CB has to be able to cover. Wright was torched worse than any CB on Saturday night. Not much value in a special teams CB who gets absolutely torched every time he takes the field. Wright had better play better in subsequent games or he's destined for the practice squad.
When the team decides you'll realize you didn't know what you were watching like I said.

Sydla

Reaction score
When the team decides you'll realize you didn't know what you were watching like I said.

Decides what?

I have no idea if Wright will make the team or not. What I do know is that it's extremely unlikely they keep Wright and cut Joseph. Joseph is making the team above Wright if there is one spot left. Just knowing the Jones', the cap implications alone keep Joseph in a safe spot most likely.

If the Cowboys open up their initial 53 with 7 CBs like they did last year, then both are likely to make it. Both are likely to make it if they even carry just 6. Diggs, Brown and Lewis are locks. The remaining three spots (if they carry 6) are up for grabs and honestly there aren't a on of great options - Bland, Joseph and Wright seem to be in the next group. But again, Joseph has a real cap hit so...........

What did you watch on Saturday night that made you conclude that Wright is the better CB? So he made some tackles? He was throw at 7 times and all 7 times he let up a reception. That's terrible.

Last edited:

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
What I would do at this point.

QB (2) Dak and Grier
RB (4) Zeke, TP, Dowdle, Davis
TE (4) Schultz, Ferg, McKeon, Hendershot
WR (6)Lamb, Tolbert, Brown, Simi, Houston, Turpin
OL(9) Tyron, Tyler, Tyler, Zack, Steele, Farniok, McG, Ball, Alacron
DL (10) Tank, Sam, Armstrong, Chauncey, Fowler, Gallimore, Osa, Bohana, Watkins, Basham
LB (5) Micah, Cox, Barr, LVE, Gifford
CB (5) Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Bossman, Bland
S (4) Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Bell
ST (4) Anger, McQuiade, Goodwin, some kicker.
I am hoping the backup isnt Grier because if Dak goes down we are in trouble.....

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Decides what?

I have no idea if Wright will make the team or not. What I do know is that it's extremely unlikely they keep Wright and cut Joseph. Joseph is making the team above Wright if there is one spot left. Just knowing the Jones', the cap implications alone keep Joseph in a safe spot most likely.

If the Cowboys open up their initial 53 with 7 CBs like they did last year, then both are likely to make it. Both are likely to make it if they even carry just 6. Diggs, Brown and Lewis are locks. The remaining three spots (if they carry 6) are up for grabs and honestly there aren't a on of great options - Bland, Joseph and Wright seem to be in the next group. But again, Joseph has a real cap hit so...........

What did you watch on Saturday night that made you conclude that Wright is the better CB? So he made some tackles? He was throw at 7 times and all 7 times he let up a reception. That's terrible.
Wright had much better Corner back movement and the ATTEMPT to atleast look back. Joseph is a terrible corner right now. I'd make him redshirt this year tbh

Sydla

Reaction score
Wright had much better Corner back movement and the ATTEMPT to atleast look back. Joseph is a terrible corner right now. I'd make him redshirt this year tbh

And yet 7 targets, 7 receptions. He was dreadful.

That's not an endorsement of Joseph, who wasn't all that good himself. But the reality is there is likely zero chance that they would cut Joseph in his 2nd year and keep Wright over him. Again, the cap implications alone is the biggest reason.

*** Let me clarify by saying that assumes Joseph doesn't do something utterly stupid off the field that gets him cut, which I guess, is always possible with him ***

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What you won last year means absolutely nothing in a new season because your division got a bit better while we largely lost talent. We swept the East last season, don't think that happens this season, we are also playing a tougher schedule than last year. Couple that with Dak's inability to lead an attack where the running game isn't working this is going to be a lost year.
Dak’s inability to lead an attack? Since when? When they won 12 games last year? They’ve been beating the NFC East *** every year Dak has been in the league. I guess that’s suppose to change now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hard to see them cutting Hill the way the coaches have gone out of their way to talk about him.
Normally, I’d say something smart like “ever heard of selling a trade?” But the Joneses have proven again and again that they have no clue how to talk up a guy’s value before trying to trade him. :laugh:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What I would do at this point.

QB (2) Dak and Grier
RB (4) Zeke, TP, Dowdle, Davis
TE (4) Schultz, Ferg, McKeon, Hendershot
WR (6)Lamb, Tolbert, Brown, Simi, Houston, Turpin
OL(9) Tyron, Tyler, Tyler, Zack, Steele, Farniok, McG, Ball, Alacron
DL (10) Tank, Sam, Armstrong, Chauncey, Fowler, Gallimore, Osa, Bohana, Watkins, Basham
LB (5) Micah, Cox, Barr, LVE, Gifford
CB (5) Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Bossman, Bland
S (4) Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Bell
ST (4) Anger, McQuiade, Goodwin, some kicker.
The Cowboys play a lot of 3 safety looks so I am def not keeping just 4.
I am cutting Basham who lacks upside and isn't in long-term plans or immediate rotation.
Luke Gifford has had shots and failed to impress. I 100% keep Malik Jefferson and possibly Devin Harper over him.
Not keeping 4 backs with Turpin around as my scat back type.
If I keep 4 TE I want one who is a monster blocker. If Sprinklle has fallen apart as it looked last week I go get a waiver wire guy there OR go with 3 TE and play an OL as my power TE.

Hendershoot, Davis, Vasher +some to PS.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Normally, I’d say something smart like “ever heard of selling a trade?” But the Joneses have proven again and again that they have no clue how to talk up a guy’s value before trying to trade him. :laugh:
This is a case where fans are makign goofy points.
THill is more likely to start then be cut and next year when he goes off to get paid you likely get a comp pick that is as good as anything you'd get this year for a 1-year rental of him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score