Let’s talk about Dak’s completion percentage

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I just have a personal issue with completion % b/c of guys like brandon weeden who gets benched with a 72% completion percentage and then there is Roger Staubach who was over 60% just once in his career. I get the folks who like Dak seize on this stat, but its very misleading in a lot of cases............including Dak's.
It's not the stats themselves, it's how people try interpret them. You can't compare stats from 70's era to this era. I doesn't matter what Staubach's stats were in the 1970's, he would still be elite if he played today, same can't be said of many of today's QBs if they had to play back then. QBs like Brady and Brees would not have had the longevity and would have been headhunted by defenses and wouldn't have the same rule protections as they do now. Completion percents looked a lot different when defenders could light the heck up on a receiver too. Modern medicine also plays a part, injuries like Brady suffered and missed a season would likely have been a career ender back in Staubach's era.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't even take my pants off when I pee. I wear a diaper....does that now make you feel better.....pat pat (on the head).... you got some inferiority issues kid....
How does that work? Do you still feel the wetness?

jrumann59

Reaction score
It means something
Ok it means your 1st year you were pretty good but beyond that year it means nothing. If it did RG3 would not be a journeyman, Eddie Lacy would still be playing. I guess the NFL forgot Bradford won the ROTY. Maybe Vince Young should have brought his ROTY award to his interviews after Tennessee dropped him. Maybe Harvin should of mailed X-Mas cards with his ROTY award on them.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak has a better completion percentage than Brady ?

well , that ends the "does coaching matter" debate .

Number1

Reaction score
so by design we base our offense on Zeke and by design we design our offense not to be a passing offense. which means we rely on Zeke and not on Dak. tells me that we don't trust Dak being able to win games passing so we have to manage him and control him and minimize his role in the offense. got it.

which is exactly what I have said from the beginning, so I am glad you are coming to that same conclusion. this is a Zeke based offense. you can plug and play almost any QB and it would function the same. or better.

they tried something like that in 2015

Number1

Reaction score
he ain't average ... he's weird, 24 of 28 on 7 sacks ... that ain't average

I ain't sure what it is but .... that's kinda out there