Let Dak walk, sign Brissett in the offseason

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Dak and Trubisky are actually a decent comparison. Neither are your prototype pocket passers that are a lock to throw for 350 yards and 4 TD's each week, but both are gritty, versatile, mobile QBs.

I'll take Dak over him all day long but I feel it's a fair comparison.
I agree.

Trubisky’s issues were lack of experience (one year college starter) and crap around him.
That has been upgraded, so we’ll see.

Dak had way more experience coming in and stepped into QB nirvana with Zeke and our oline.
He has improved too!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Dak and Trubisky are actually a decent comparison. Neither are your prototype pocket passers that are a lock to throw for 350 yards and 4 TD's each week, but both are gritty, versatile, mobile QBs.

I'll take Dak over him all day long but I feel it's a fair comparison.

Who is? I want that guy!

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yes, and my point was first round picks are not guaranteed to do well. Ponder represents that.
Fair enough that is very true. That would 2011 QB class might be the worst ever with Cam Newton still a MVP.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak is a top-10 QB. He’s not going anywhere.

Brissett is a journeyman. Might be a good backup though.
Top ten? He is not even in the top 15 of any ratings that you can find.

Them

Reaction score
Let Dak walk, sign Brissett in the offseason

...Gad I hate ideas like that!...:thumbdown:

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm trying to be nice, but this is like the dumbest thread on the boards.

Brissett is simply not an upgrade.

kskboys

Reaction score
"Inconsistent footwork leads to inaccurate ball placement. (59.5 career comp% in college).
Low career INT numbers because he is too careful, not consistently pushing the ball downfield or fitting throws into tight windows."

Pape

Reaction score
Jacoby Brissette is not an upgrade to Dak Prescott. I cannot believe how many "experts" are picking the Colts to win double digits this year.

JB is just a placeholder til the Colts can dismantle the team after this season, and start the Lose for Lawrence or Tank for Trevor process... Whatever you want to call it... In the 2021 draft... Like they did for Andrew Luck.

jnday

Reaction score
"Inconsistent footwork leads to inaccurate ball placement. (59.5 career comp% in college).
Low career INT numbers because he is too careful, not consistently pushing the ball downfield or fitting throws into tight windows."
He sounds just like Dak who the 28th most aggressive QB last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
He sounds just like Dak who the 28th most aggressive QB last year.
That's why I posted it!!!!!

Hey, let's trade for a guy w/ the same issues as Dak, but isn't as good. GREAT IDEA!!!!!