Let Dak Walk

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't that be something, if the front office opt to let Dak leave Dallas.

Would for sure send a message to the team that no player is safe and that playing for the greatest franchise in sports (value wise) is a privilege.

The front office tried working with him, but he has declined all the offers.

Let him leave then.

Maybe that would spark a culture change within the organization.

That will NOT happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak isnt an asset - he's out of contract.

People seem to forget about the salary cap when talking about re-signing Dak. The choice is not Dak or no Dak. Its more like the following:

3 or 4 x Pro Bowl calibre players in other positions and a giant question mark at QB OR Dak.

I fixed your calculation for you.

stinkface

Reaction score
How many other QB's in the league are out there right now who are better then he is at his age? PS. Answer is not many. He's a good leader, not an idiot and will when you a lotta games. We just need to add a pile to the defense and get a stud tight end.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Show me a year where 3 or 4 Pro Bowl players were available in free agency and could all be signed for a total of 30MM a year.

The choice is Dak at QB, going back to the Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson days or trading several drafts of picks for someone that MIGHT be as good as Dak is now for the next couple of seasons.

You might want to watch some tape of Jared Goff's rookie season.

Bridgewater or Tannehill. If Tomlin can go 8-8 with the crap he had at QB and his talent on offense, I shudder to think what a good coach could do with a Bridgewater or Tannehill with our weapons!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Bridgewater or Tannehill. If Tomlin can go 8-8 with the crap he had at QB and his talent on offense, I shudder to think what a good coach could do with a Bridgewater or Tannehill with our weapons!

Or what a good coach could do with Dak and our weapons.

Like I said I’m not against moving on from Dak per se. I do think it’s odd more fans don’t want to at least see what Dak looks like with better coaching.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Lol another thread about Dak. He's not going anywhere, I swear some posters are paid to cause turmoil with off the wall posts. Besides if you're going to dump your franchise QB mine as well franchise him and at least get value in trade.

stinkface

Reaction score
Show me a year where 3 or 4 Pro Bowl players were available in free agency and could all be signed for a total of 30MM a year.

The choice is Dak at QB, going back to the Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson days or trading several drafts of picks for someone that MIGHT be as good as Dak is now after a couple of seasons in the league.

You might want to watch some tape of Jared Goff's rookie season.

Hell, watch Aikman's Rookie season. It was god awful.

Kaiser

Reaction score
How many other QB's in the league are out there right now who are better then he is at his age? PS. Answer is not many. He's a good leader, not an idiot and will when you a lotta games. We just need to add a pile to the defense and get a stud tight end.

Great post. I posted the last ten years of the players drafted at our spot at 17, two years ago S Derwin James went in that spot.

Bring in a new HC and defensive staff, add a guy like Derwin James along with a FA TE like Austin Hooper or Hunter Henry. That's a totally different team and one with as much talent as any in the league.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be something, if the front office opt to let Dak leave Dallas.

Would for sure send a message to the team that no player is safe and that playing for the greatest franchise in sports (value wise) is a privilege.

The front office tried working with him, but he has declined all the offers.

Let him leave then.

Maybe that would spark a culture change within the organization.

get him outta here. 4 sucks

HungryLion

Reaction score
Show me one that was 18% of the cap

Dak’s contract wouldn’t be 18% of the cap either. Certainly not in the first couple of years. Be realistic about how contracts actually work.

The point remains. Worse QB’s than Dak have been traded for first rounders and also been extended by their new team. Facts are facts.

Eightneight

Reaction score
Drafting is a good thing.

If we added Andy Dalton to this roster would we see a major drop off at the QB position?
Yes it is an opportunity to add talent but it is also rarely a sure thing. There is a lot of risk involved.
IMO, Andy Dalton is not better than Dak and he certainly doesn't have the intangibles that Dak has which cant be coached.