Let Dak Walk

J12B

Reaction score
They’re not going to let their franchise QB walk. He’s going to be here a long time so just get use to it. I swear we have the dumbest fan base in the country.

Yeah, they should just keep over paying their "star" players since that has been such a successful formula for winning over the last 20+ years!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You know I feel like most posts about Dak are trash posts that expresses more about the poster than of Dak.
Besides the point that Dak is a very good quarterback, with our history of developing QBs why would you let Dak walk to make a point?
Since we drafted Aikman, we got lucky on a UDFA (Romo) and a 4th rounder (Dak) so what makes you think we could find anyone as good as Dak or even better?
I’m glad the internet wasn’t as big as it is now during Troy’s time or most of you would have wanted to get rid of him like y’all did with Romo and are with Dak.
Dak is the least of our problems.
Dak isn’t a very good qb that’s the problem. Him being “nice” has y’all duped because some people eat up millionaire athletes being relatable. As a qb he’s just average esp this year when you would think he should be getting better. If he’s soo good why does his numbers look sooo different depending on the level of competition he faces? The team that make the playoffs he was terrible against them outside of the Vikings game I’ll give him that. He also had a few games against playoff teams where he didn’t even throw a td. Y’all have to separate qb from person. He’s average at best and unless you think we’re about to have some Ravens, Giants, 49ers type defense we aren’t winning jack with Dak. You can save this post but this is the truth but I hope I’m wrong cause I know they aren’t getting rid of him like they should.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Check the stats on runs with a loaded box. Teams were daring us to run by playing nickel knowing we would check to a run. Still falling on that accuracy BS huh. Too bad Dak is top 5 in tight window throws.

Again with that BS. Have you even watched a single game? How can you even believe a stat like "tight window throws" if you have seen the passes this turd tosses?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
We shouldn't have to pay a decent QB like he is elite though. That is the problem.

I'd rather move up in the draft and grab a QB then pay Dak and watch the talent around him fade away.

He is a talent dependent player and a lot of guys could go 8-8 with this roster for cheap.

I think it's obvious after the last 2 seasons that Dak's success is almost completely dependent on how well Cooper plays.

Move up. With what ammo to do so? How far up to get someone elite? How long before that guy is competent?

You label him as 8-8 but there is something wrong with this team that does not fall on Dak's busted wing.

I would rather listen to the people who have coached and played this game. Like Aikman's comments during the Commander's game instead of disgruntled fans who are speaking through emotion and disappointment.

In other words, I disagree with your assessment of Dak.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yeah, they should just keep over paying their "star" players since that has been such a successful formulary for winning over the last 20+ years!

"We make the playoffs but don't win Super Bowls!"

"So what is your solution?"

"Worse players, duh!!!"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Move up. With what ammo to do so? How far up to get someone elite? How long before that guy is competent?

You label him as 8-8 but there is something wrong with this team that does not fall on Dak's busted wing.

I would rather listen to the people who have coached and played this game. Like Aikman's comments during the Commander's game instead of disgruntled fans who are speaking through emotion and disappointment.

In other words, I disagree with your assessment of Dak.

Trade Dak..

Trade Zeke and get more picks.

Use multiple picks to move up. Picks are the NFL's most valuable currency. We're picking 17 this year. Teams have moved up from that far back.

If Tua is available then i'd give up 2 firsts for him.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Again with that BS. Have you even watched a single game? How can you even believe a stat like "tight window throws" if you have seen the passes this turd tosses?
Yes I watch, more importantly, I actually understand what I see...unlike you.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Lol! Why would we let him leave without compensation? Tag him and trade if you think you can do better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah, they should just keep over paying their "star" players since that has been such a successful formulary for winning over the last 20+ years!
Actually they’ve made very team friendly contracts of late. Even Zeke’s 90 million contract only has 28 million in true gurantee’s. Sorry to bust your clueless agenda.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Trade Dak..

Trade Zeke and get more picks.

Use multiple picks to move up. Picks are the NFL's most valuable currency.

I don't play, nor entertain any idea hatched by people who think Madden is exactly the way the NFL operates.

InTheZone

Reaction score
the way they reshaped the offense for Dak and he's still putting up the most inconsistent and highly alarming performances against better defenses I think 95% of the coaching staff and Dak should very much be gone.

csirl

Reaction score
Dak isnt an asset - he's out of contract.

People seem to forget about the salary cap when talking about re-signing Dak. The choice is not Dak or no Dak. Its more like the following:

3 or 4 x Pro Bowl calibre players in other positions OR Dak.

J12B

Reaction score
Actually they’ve made very team friendly contracts of late. Even Zeke’s 90 million contract only has 28 million in true gurantee’s. Sorry to bust your clueless agenda.

I didn't realize I was talking to a salary cap expert!

HungryLion

Reaction score
I understand but trading a top pick and paying him as well may be a bit more than most teams can stomach. I don't think he has proven to be worth that. Some may disagree. Probably over half the fanbase does not want to even pay him the 35 million, much less give up a draft choice for him!

Yet teams did those things with Palmer and Cassell and Kolb, and cutler and Bradford

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't play, nor entertain any idea hatched by people who think Madden is exactly the way the NFL operates.

Well..

The NFL usually doesn't pay RB's a bunch of money. That's a madden move.

There is nothing Maddenish in what im saying.

A Zeke trade would be the equivalent to Odell being traded to Cleveland.

Dak would basically be the equivalent of Kirk Cousins.

Moving up from 17 would be a typical NFL move.

Kaiser

Reaction score
3 or 4 x Pro Bowl calibre players in other positions OR Dak.

Show me a year where 3 or 4 Pro Bowl players were available in free agency and could all be signed for a total of 30MM a year.

The choice is Dak at QB, going back to the Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson days or trading several drafts of picks for someone that MIGHT be as good as Dak is now after a couple of seasons in the league.

You might want to watch some tape of Jared Goff's rookie season.