Let me hear which cut RB you prefer. Forever hold your peace

RonnieT24

Reaction score
My favorite is whichever back is moving the chains. Zeke, Rico, Royce, Deuce, Lance.. really don't matter. McCarthy's job is to win games.. I think this RB committee will mirror some of his Green Bay teams which featured a stable of backs and a fullback who could catch it out of the backfield. Dude won a division with a wide receiver as his leading rusher. I trust him to manage the RB stable way more than I did Garrett and his crew.

conner01

Reaction score
Of course roster cuts just started. Exciting times as we finally jettison some dead weight. While we will be sour on some potential loses.

Of the running backs cut, who do you think brings the most juice? Share your reasoning. :)

I’ll start... We cut trance and then pick him back up and let him be our lead rb by committee. Lol
Jokes I hope he continues to grow into a dual threat Qb...
Trance?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Cowboys should cut Davis and Freeman. Bring them back to the PS. I don't think any other team is signing these guys.

Reaction score
Hmm. I have almost the opposite take. The only guy who can actually make something out of nothing, ordinarily, is whoever is your most elusive back.
Generally though they must be able to break a tackle,,, unless they're insanely elusive and nobody can get a hand on him even if they're in the backfield.

kumizi

Reaction score
Need someone to share the load with Dowdle and keep Deuce as a third guy.

I don’t believe Zeke, Malik Davis, or Royce Freeman should be on the team.

Havic

Reaction score
Big hole at RB and I'm not sure Rb1 is even on the roster at this point. Front office is evaluating final cuts and maybe panics with a surprise trade.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Of course roster cuts just started. Exciting times as we finally jettison some dead weight. While we will be sour on some potential loses.

Of the running backs cut, who do you think brings the most juice? Share your reasoning. :)

I’ll start... We cut trance and then pick him back up and let him be our lead rb by committee. Lol
Jokes I hope he continues to grow into a dual threat Qb...
Trance.

Reaction score
It's well documented over here in my little corner of Shreveport Louisi-by-Gawd-ana... Deuce.. and maybe it goes without saying, Dowdle and Zeke.

Unsure if you'd know this, but that actually was the theme of a thread I began just ahead of training camp. I got a lot of rotten tomatoes tossed my way... the (alleged) silliness that Lance could run all that well. His HS coach has said at least a couple of times publicly that he'd always thought RB was probably going to be TL's ticket to the pros, even though his arm was always plus.

I know what they've (McCarthy in particular) said... but I just cringe at the idea you're not going to actually use a talent like on occasion... he brings a skill set that surpasses anything Taysom Hill ever brought. So many wrinkles you could conceivably insert that could have big reward over the course of a season.
I missed your thread. I would have to agree with you whole heartedly at this point. I mean I hope he can progress his arm talent. Until then why not use him like taysom hill. Hit the nail on the head.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I didn't know who that was, so I looked him up. That dude benches like a lineman. Seems to have athleticism for his size. His 4.77 in the 40 isn't too bad for a RB his size. Why did he go undrafted?
unfortunately, the secret is out, and the Chiefs will probably keep him, after that last preseason game - watch it if it replays, I forgot which quarter he popped, but I think it was in the 2nd half

I think he went undrafted due to the perception that he had lateral move issues. but watch him in the game, I think he solved that or at least responded to it

btw, Van Halen rules - Unchained

Havic

Reaction score
If Dallas is looking at a trade:

James Connor
Miles Sanders --could also be a cut candidate
Dameon Pierce
Clyde Edwards-Helaire --most likely a cut candidate

I dont think the Jets are going to turn lose of anything they have.