Let me hear which cut RB you prefer. Forever hold your peace

plymkr

Reaction score
I’ll start... We cut trance and then pick him back up and let him be our lead rb by committee. Lol
Jokes I hope he continues to grow into a dual threat Qb..
If we did cut Lance and he cleared waivers and we resigned him. Could we resign him to a contract less that 5 million? Or is that 5 million guaranteed to him if he plays at all in ‘24. This is more of a salary cap question and a rookie contract question. If we could cut him and resign him for cheaper after he clears waivers I would be 100% down with that. I would take the risk of losing him and freeing up the money to sign a couple more bodies in DT position. Lance is my pet cat but Dallas Cowboys are my main priority. If the team can get better then my wish/agenda goes out the window.

I’m still intrigued to develop him but now at 5 million.

plymkr

Reaction score
O and to answer the OP overall question. I kind of like Vaughn and Freeman. Bye to Davis. I got a hunch Vaughn can come out if the woodwork and be productive. In the last game against the Chargers Vaughn showed in a couple runs of being patient and setting up his blocking. That’s a big improvement from last season. JMO but I kind of want to keep Vaughn.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I like bruiser RBs so Freeman being on the roster (or practice squad) would suit me fine. I realize that Zeke is similar (though I wouldn't call him a bruiser) so maybe Zeke is enough if the run blocking is better. Liking Deuce too but don't trust him, if the OL struggles then he will struggle big time.
You didn’t mention Dowdle and he’s the best RB we have right now.

Reaction score
Of course roster cuts just started. Exciting times as we finally jettison some dead weight. While we will be sour on some potential loses.

Of the running backs cut, who do you think brings the most juice? Share your reasoning. :)

I’ll start... We cut trance and then pick him back up and let him be our lead rb by committee. Lol
Jokes I hope he continues to grow into a dual threat Qb...
Frank Gore Jr if he is cut or assigned to Buffalo’s practice squad. Really like how he runs!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It will never happen…cut Zeke and put the waiver wire under the microscope. They have to find a better solution than a washed up, 4.8 /40, 3 yard per carry guy.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Elijah Mitchell, SF

Has a bit of an injury concern
On the smaller side, 5'10 205
Has 4.38 speed
Experience

Very similar to what Pollard was

Could be a relatively surprise cut by them, but also very possible

Cumart21

Reaction score
The only reason they'd cut him is because he's can't stay healthy.... Therefore I'll pass.

montgod

Reaction score
Elijah Mitchell, SF

Has a bit of an injury concern
On the smaller side, 5'10 205
Has 4.38 speed
Experience

Very similar to what Pollard was

Could be a relatively surprise cut by them, but also very possible
They cut Breida instead of him so don't see him going anywhere.