Let me tell you what it's like living in the suburb right outside of Philly as a Cowboys fan

ESisback

Reaction score
I would have no problem dealing with everybody you mentioned except the Steelers, the rest all have less SB wins than Dallas.

Not to mention the Bills and Vikings being an unblemished 0-4 in appearances...
The endless smacktalk, the never ending ‘Dallas Sucks’ gibberish—it gets old.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for you.

I used to live in Bethlehem on the east side of the state, then just below Erie on the west side of the state.

Know what I did? I moved out of the state LMAO

Couldn't pay me to live by either Philly OR Pittsburgh. Heck, you couldn't pay me to live by Harrisburg.
C'mon now, how tasty is Iron City beer? Made with water from the freshest toilets.

DZSierra

Reaction score
C'mon now, how tasty is Iron City beer? Made with water from the freshest toilets.
Yuengling lager and Straub my two favorites.

Back in the day we would buy Yuengling premium in quart bottles by the case.

My family were coal crackers.

I'll agree with Iron City, but you need to add lions head in there. I thought lions head was worse.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yuengling lager and Straub my two favorites.

Back in the day we would buy Yuengling premium in quart bottles by the case.

My family were coal crackers.

I'll agree with Iron City, but you need to add lions head in there. I thought lions head was worse.
I agree. I never tried Straub. But there are a lot of beers worse than Iron City. Iron City is probably on the high end of bad beers. I can actually drink it. Most of the beers that were on tap at every bar in the US back in the 70s was undrinkable swill. I was too young to drink then, but you can still find them if you look hard enough.

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree. I never tried Straub. But there are a lot of beers worse than Iron City. Iron City is probably on the high end of bad beers. I can actually drink it. Most of the beers that were on tap at every bar in the US back in the 70s was undrinkable swill. I was too young to drink then, but you can still find them if you look hard enough.
In Pa., Straub’s, Mickey’s Wide Mouth, Iron City, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Genny

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Worst beer I ever drank was an off brand in little green glass bottles shaped like a beer barrel, called "Barrel O' Beer" oddly enough (lol), and was greener than the bottles!

But another short-lived brand I actually liked, remember Tuborg Gold? Pretty good, didn't last but a couple of months, didn't sell, but actually quite enjoyable...

Flamma

Reaction score
Worst beer I ever drank was an off brand in little green glass bottles shaped like a beer barrel, called "Barrel O' Beer" oddly enough (lol), and was greener than the bottles!

But another short-lived brand I actually liked, remember Tuborg Gold? Pretty good, didn't last but a couple of months, didn't sell, but actually quite enjoyable...
Never heard of them. But if you gave me a choice between Tuborg Gold, Schaefer, Miller high life, Pabst, or Rheingold, I'm picking Tuborg Gold even though I don't know what it tastes like. That's how bad those beers are.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Never heard of them. But if you gave me a choice between Tuborg Gold, Schaefer, Miller high life, Pabst, or Rheingold, I'm picking Tuborg Gold even though I don't know what it tastes like. That's how bad those beers are.
You're forgetting Schlitz. My dad use to buy it just so I wouldn't steel any from from his fridge. From what I remember, Lions head was still worse. Sad to say, gave up beer some time ago for the most part.

Flamma

Reaction score
You're forgetting Schlitz. My dad use to buy it just so I wouldn't steel any from from his fridge. From what I remember, Lions head was still worse. Sad to say, gave up beer some time ago for the most part.
Indeed, I forgot that foul liquid.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
:laugh:

DZSierra

Reaction score
Not sure anyone from AC should insult any other city.
Our family had a apartment building on the north end of the boardwalk in the 70's. Spent more than a couple of family vacations in AC in the 70's.

Other than walking the boardwalk as a kid having fun, whenever we took the jitney around town, even as a kid I happen to agree with your assessment. Never went back to AC after that LOL.

In AC's defense, Jersey was never really a fun interesting state for me. Hard to explain, but I'd take driving the beltway around DC vs driving the Garden City parkway. Jersey drivers are really an experience.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not sure anyone from AC should insult any other city.
Just did. . . I remember when I attended The Art Institute and I would take the train . . . when I got home my girlfriend would not come near me until I showered got the Stank off me

In AC we got fresh Salt Air and a sandy beach to walk bare foot which is great for grounding

Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Our family had a apartment building on the north end of the boardwalk in the 70's. Spent more than a couple of family vacations in AC in the 70's.

Other than walking the boardwalk as a kid having fun, whenever we took the jitney around town, even as a kid I happen to agree with your assessment. Never went back to AC after that LOL.

In AC's defense, Jersey was never really a fun interesting state for me. Hard to explain, but I'd take driving the beltway around DC vs driving the Garden City parkway. Jersey drivers are really an experience.
go hang out in Kensington and then tell me how it compares to AC from 50 years ago

In your defense 50 years ago all you could do was walk the boardwalk

tomokawan

Reaction score

The gold of Danish kings. LOL the 80's

DZSierra

Reaction score
go hang out in Kensington and then tell me how it compares to AC from 50 years ago

In your defense 50 years ago all you could do was walk the boardwalk
Even when I lived in Pa as an adult, I rarely visited Philly or Jersey.

Did date a girl from Jersey, but she lived across the border from Easton Pa, and in all honesty, that area of Jersey wasn't too bad LOL

Last time I was around Philly (90's), had a training class in Pennsauken. Got lost around Philly around 0100 and went over the Ben Franklin bridge and ended up in Camden at that time in the morning. I don't get scared easy, but it really did reminded me of Beirut in the 80's. White boy in a VW in Camden on the road at 0100. Saw a cop car, pulled up, rolled my window down, he saw I was a white boy, he pointed the direction to go and he told me to get the heck out of there and don't stop for nothing.

Did a lot of meetings in downtown Pittsburgh. Although I'm not a city kind of guy, will take Pittsburgh over Philly any day.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Just did. . . I remember when I attended The Art Institute and I would take the train . . . when I got home my girlfriend would not come near me until I showered got the Stank off me

In AC we got fresh Salt Air and a sandy beach to walk bare foot which is great for grounding
AC is a total dump a block off the boardwalk.