Let me tell you what it's like living in the suburb right outside of Philly as a Cowboys fan

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I know one guy (Eagle fan) that seemed to spend hours every day making Facebook memes—5 or 6 on how awesome Philly was, and another half dozen “comedic” ones explaining why Dallas sucks. Every time I logged on for a five minute scroll, there he was, with laugh emoji’s, poop piles, one finger salutes, “factual” digs, etc., etc.—this guy was OBSESSED. I wondered where he found the time, because he was married with kids, a full time job, active at a local fire hall, etc.

Very quiet the last several days….
Rent free. There's a good portion of Eagles fans who get more joy off Cowboy losses than Eagle wins. It's spooky-weird

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
If they had a normal fanbase I'd probably have moved on by now but I'm still living off the high of the loss for how much they've tormented me my whole life

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree it was FAR worse this time around. Last time they had hoped, this time they knew they were going to win. I'm a teacher and every single day for almost a month was eagles day with attire, trivia over the announcements, small pep rally's. I wanted to throw up. Not to mention my friends were insufferable. I've lived here my whole life I've never once understood the need to be arrogant and destructive. It's truly a unique fanbase but for all the wrong reasons
I'm sure you heard that song "No one likes us"? They figured that much out. But they don't care. Like the 5'4 300lbs woman taking a leisurely stroll down the street. Naked.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I'm sure you heard that song "No one likes us"? They figured that much out. But they don't care. Like the 5'4 300lbs woman taking a leisurely stroll down the street. Naked.
Yes the "Nobody likes us we don't care" and "It's a Philly Thing" shirts got old. I posted people rioting after the loss and said "It's a Philly Thing." People were BIG mad haha

Hardline

Reaction score
Let me start this post by saying Dallas wins are way sweeter than Eagles losses. You may be saying to yourself, yeah, no crap. Well, when you live where I live, they enjoy our (my) pain more than their own success. Ask anyone else on this forum who lives in, or right outside the city. I actually attended HS in Northeast Philly.

I'm 34 so I don't claim the 90s. I would be a clown if I did, or at least I think so. With that said, since middle school I've been tormented like you cannot believe. It reached a climax this week when a 6 year old student of mine walked up to me and said DALLAS SUCKS right in front of the class. Needless to say, I disciplined him and contacted home about his scumbagish behavior (I didn't use that word). It had nothing to do with him being an Eagles fan or me a Cowboys fan, it had everything to do with people where I'm from having zero respect for their fellow man. Oddly enough I don't even tell them I'm a Cowboys fan but somehow they found out.

Every single day the last 4 weeks was Fly Eagles Fly on the announcements, wear eagles this, have an assembly for the eagles that. Buses flooding with students chanting E A G L E S EAGLES and Dallas Sucks chants. People in Rally House a local sports store yesterday talking about how they can't wait to be back at the parade (I was only there for my wife who I respect the hell out of as an Eagles fan). You wouldn't believe how certain people around here were before tonight.

This one is for me. I'm self gloating. This one is for anyone like me who has spent their whole life, for lack of a better term, bullied over football their whole life. And this one is for people who have no clue what I'm talking about because they live elsewhere, but still root for the star on the helmet. As I watch the riots on the news, all I can say to myself is that it reads a lot like the T-shirts anyone around here has seen all month, "It's a Philly Thing."

Cheers
You can claim the all of the Cowboys history. Past success doesn't expire.
It's the only reason I still have a shread of interest in this team.I'm living in the past.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, they “don’t care”, but they sure seem to get jacked up, don’t they?
Yes! Which is why I was so glad they lost the SB. I didn't like that they won the 2017 SB, but I got over it quick. They were a great team. It's this year that bothered me.

The Eagles had the perfect situation. They played no one all year. They had the easiest road to the SB of any team in the super bowl era, 50+ years. No competition all year, and no competition in the playoffs. Yet had they won, they would have been given the same credit any other SB team got. And their fans were just as BS as their team. So I am super happy they got beat. Keep that trash Eagles team out of history.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes! Which is why I was so glad they lost the SB. I didn't like that they won the 2017 SB, but I got over it quick. They were a great team. It's this year that bothered me.

The Eagles had the perfect situation. They played no one all year. They had the easiest road to the SB of any team in the super bowl era, 50+ years. No competition all year, and no competition in the playoffs. Yet had they won, they would have been given the same credit any other SB team got. And their fans were just as BS as their team. So I am super happy they got beat. Keep that trash Eagles team out of history.
Kinda like Lebron—DEMANDING that people respect them, INFURIATED by people’s indifference.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Could be worse, you could live in Pittsburgh or New England, both of who have teams with more SB wins than Dallas....

ESisback

Reaction score
Could be worse, you could live in Pittsburgh or New England, both of who have teams with more SB wins than Dallas....
If you live anywhere in Pa., you’re dealing with Eagles, Steelers, Giants, and R-e-d-s-k-I-n-s. That’s in addition to Minnesota, Buffalo, Miami, Denver and Houston. The third tier is all the other teams.

The price we pay for being Cowboy fans!

Flamma

Reaction score
I sent around 10 text messages to Eagles fans after the loss. I wrote, Go Eagles! Only one responded.

Oh wait. I wrote something different to one of them. I wrote, I know you're upset the Eagles lost, but you must at least be happy for Andy Reid.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but Fly Eagles Fly is the worst fight song in pro sports. Even Hail to the Skins wasn't as dumb.
At least they have tradition. The seahawks entire stadium will yell "SEA-HAAWKS" in unison. The chiefs tomahawk chop, etc. We don't have anything except fans that sit there, and a stadium manager that insists on blaring TERRIBLE music super loud the second any timeout is called. Sometimes the music isnt even stopped when the team is lining up to hike the ball. I've been to 8 total stadiums, and ours is easily the worst.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Let me start this post by saying Dallas wins are way sweeter than Eagles losses. You may be saying to yourself, yeah, no crap. Well, when you live where I live, they enjoy our (my) pain more than their own success. Ask anyone else on this forum who lives in, or right outside the city. I actually attended HS in Northeast Philly.

I'm 34 so I don't claim the 90s. I would be a clown if I did, or at least I think so. With that said, since middle school I've been tormented like you cannot believe. It reached a climax this week when a 6 year old student of mine walked up to me and said DALLAS SUCKS right in front of the class. Needless to say, I disciplined him and contacted home about his scumbagish behavior (I didn't use that word). It had nothing to do with him being an Eagles fan or me a Cowboys fan, it had everything to do with people where I'm from having zero respect for their fellow man. Oddly enough I don't even tell them I'm a Cowboys fan but somehow they found out.

Every single day the last 4 weeks was Fly Eagles Fly on the announcements, wear eagles this, have an assembly for the eagles that. Buses flooding with students chanting E A G L E S EAGLES and Dallas Sucks chants. People in Rally House a local sports store yesterday talking about how they can't wait to be back at the parade (I was only there for my wife who I respect the hell out of as an Eagles fan). You wouldn't believe how certain people around here were before tonight.

This one is for me. I'm self gloating. This one is for anyone like me who has spent their whole life, for lack of a better term, bullied over football their whole life. And this one is for people who have no clue what I'm talking about because they live elsewhere, but still root for the star on the helmet. As I watch the riots on the news, all I can say to myself is that it reads a lot like the T-shirts anyone around here has seen all month, "It's a Philly Thing."

Cheers
I don't feel sorry for you.

I used to live in Bethlehem on the east side of the state, then just below Erie on the west side of the state.

Know what I did? I moved out of the state LMAO

Couldn't pay me to live by either Philly OR Pittsburgh. Heck, you couldn't pay me to live by Harrisburg.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for you.

I used to live in Bethlehem on the east side of the state, then just below Erie on the west side of the state.

Know what I did? I moved out of the state LMAO

Couldn't pay me to live by either Philly OR Pittsburgh. Heck, you couldn't pay me to live by Harrisburg.
I mean, that’s always an option but also easier said than done when all your family friends and careers are in the same place

DZSierra

Reaction score
I mean, that’s always an option but also easier said than done when all your family friends and careers are in the same place
Agreed. I'm just busting on you. My parents are from Pa, I graduated from Penn State a long time ago, lived in pretty much every state in the North East, and honestly, I feel the same way about the weather and taxes across the entire north east LMAO

To be honest, Philly would be at the top of my list to stay away from, and I even spent time around there. In defense of Philly, feel that way pretty much on any large city.

For whatever reason, Eagles fans seem to be the worst in that city so I honestly do feel your pain.

NotForLong

Reaction score

Cheers
I am from Atlantic City . . . And My Father always called it Filthydelphia . . . And He is not even a Football Fan . . .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If you live anywhere in Pa., you’re dealing with Eagles, Steelers, Giants, and R-e-d-s-k-I-n-s. That’s in addition to Minnesota, Buffalo, Miami, Denver and Houston. The third tier is all the other teams.

The price we pay for being Cowboy fans!
I would have no problem dealing with everybody you mentioned except the Steelers, the rest all have less SB wins than Dallas.

Not to mention the Bills and Vikings being an unblemished 0-4 in appearances...