Twitter: Let the fun begin in Oxnard!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I wonder how many people read the article.

Well, who’s fault is that? Did you even read the article or did you never get past the picture? Perhaps you could have taken an excerpt out of the article, like something you thought was discussion-worthy from the article.

From the article:
“Improvement, a lot of improvement, obviously from last year to this year, but deeper than that from those first five games,” Prescott told NBC 5 in Dallas-Fort Worth. “Take those first five games and just say we’re going to be better than that as a team.”

“It's not just about Prescott, of course. The Cowboys need to be better across the board to fulfill their promise, and to fulfill Dak's ambitions.”

Why only mention the first 5 games? Did the season stop for some reason after game 5? The team only exists if he is out there at QB?

Or is he talking about improvement on a personal level and, therefore, the first 5 game mention? What exactly needs improvement in his eyes? Just a Garrett-like reference to ‘all phases’ and nothing specific about reducing turnovers, fast starts, 3rd down conversions, red zone efficiency, and sustaining drives.

Instead, we get something like ‘ankle good, I’m good, so team is special. Go buy tickets and jerseys. I got my money.’

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, who’s fault is that? Did you even read the article or did you never get past the picture? Perhaps you could have taken an excerpt out of the article, like something you thought was discussion-worthy from the article.

From the article:
“Improvement, a lot of improvement, obviously from last year to this year, but deeper than that from those first five games,” Prescott told NBC 5 in Dallas-Fort Worth. “Take those first five games and just say we’re going to be better than that as a team.”

“It's not just about Prescott, of course. The Cowboys need to be better across the board to fulfill their promise, and to fulfill Dak's ambitions.”

Why only mention the first 5 games? Did the season stop for some reason after game 5? The team only exists if he is out there at QB?

Or is he talking about improvement on a personal level and, therefore, the first 5 game mention? What exactly needs improvement in his eyes? Just a Garrett-like reference to ‘all phases’ and nothing specific about reducing turnovers, fast starts, 3rd down conversions, red zone efficiency, and sustaining drives.

Instead, we get something like ‘ankle good, I’m good, so team is special. Go buy tickets and jerseys. I got my money.’
It’s the fault of the reader who was too lazy to read it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Am I the only person in the world left without a tattoo?
Why do a lot of these players not wear shirts?
Bugs my wife when she sees some guy jogging ("showing off") outside without a shirt. Maybe because I read the tea leaves and told her the future is gender equality and if the guys can do it, then the girls should be allowed to do it. I am fair :) The conversation went downhill after that. So, guys, I don't recommend you mention this topic to your wives. Trust me.

amazing how they say "treated equally" when they really mean "no rules apply to me unless I want them to".

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak just needs to be good. Our team will go how the oline and dline are. Everything will fall into place after that. If we indeed fixed those areas, it will be shown fast.

Scotman

Reaction score
100% True story. Gender equality only goes so far until it hits a brick wall or she kindly reminds you of that line in the movie Color of Money when the girl tells Tom Cruise 'you make another shot and you will be ... for a long time.' My hat goes off to whoever wrote that line.
I probably need to watch the movie at some point.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You know, if McCarthy can get Moore to implement more of Mike's West Coast Offense...
That might work out really well, but Dak has to train how to lead his receivers better in the short game.

I think he has it in him and those kind of plays can really loosen up things for Zeke like on a draw and the big play with a WR leaking out on a vert.

I guess we'll see how things go.

Dak does need to clean up his swing outs and short crossing routes for sure, Lead draws with a te motioning could be great play....

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know, if McCarthy can get Moore to implement more of Mike's West Coast Offense...
That might work out really well, but Dak has to train how to lead his receivers better in the short game.

I think he has it in him and those kind of plays can really loosen up things for Zeke like on a draw and the big play with a WR leaking out on a vert.

I guess we'll see how things go.
I would really, really like to see OC Moore call his very own plays for the duration of the season.