Let us correct a new meme

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
It take time. To hurry thing along, go to any walmart and get the (echo chamber) SUPREME TRUTH filter and you will be able to comprehend any and all my brain derivitives. I promise your life will change for the better.

Somethings I prefer to ban rather then understand.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's cool we can agree to disagree, just take notice of the velocity of Romo's passes over the next few weeks. And then take notice of the opposing teams QB's velocity...

If Romo continues to have bad games as he did this past weekend then of course I would look to sit him. The issues I saw had nothing to do with velocity it had to do with throwing into heavy coverage. The balls got to the 9ers players with some zip problem was it should never have been thrown.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
If Romo continues to have bad games as he did this past weekend then of course I would look to sit him. The issues I saw had nothing to do with velocity it had to do with throwing into heavy coverage. The balls got to the 9ers players with some zip problem was it should never have been thrown.

The problem wasn't his arm or his back. It was his eyes. The pick he threw that was intercepted at the SF 36 he threw from about his own 5.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And at age 34 or whatever he is, romo really expects things to get better.
That might be the killer idea he half.
Unbelievable.
I want weedon to play for the rest of the season. He wont cost us a playoff spot that we should not expect in the first place. Let us see what he can do and at least gift him game experience. That can salvage an otherwise horrible season by Romo.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The problem wasn't his arm or his back. It was his eyes. The pick he threw that was intercepted at the SF 36 he threw from about his own 5.

Eyes or the 6 inches between his ears. Whatever the issue he needs to get it figured out and turned around. I have faith in him that he will if not and this continues then of course I would look to bench him I would say that about any QB

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

There was a time he could make throws in tight coverage, I suggest you revisit that zip in the coming weeks...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There was a time he could make throws in tight coverage, I suggest you revisit that zip in the coming weeks...

Not in the coverage he was throwing into , he could have had a cannon and it still would have been picked. SF had Dez covered high and low it was not a matter of zip it was a matter of he had a wide open T Williams on a post but was set on throwing it to Dez.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Not in the coverage he was throwing into , he could have had a cannon and it still would have been picked. SF had Dez covered high and low it was not a matter of zip it was a matter of he had a wide open T Williams on a post but was set on throwing it to Dez.

I understand that but does Romo? His mind says I can still make impossible throws but clearly his body can't.

sbark

Reaction score
The OP is correct---its the way Tony is. Now that being said, the coaching staff has to work around and with that. On the drive inside the 5---the jumbo unit was in there---then after a timeout it went to a 3 wr set------the defense jumps in and out of the box a little, and as usual Romo audibles to pass---Leave the Jumbo unit in there and work on creating a identity for this team with 3 1st round picks on the OLine.
On the play action pass Int------was a good thread on it yesterday on how the teams sucked toward Dez on the play and Romo with his back didn't see, didn't anticipate that defensive reaction toward a pattern this offense has apparently given other teams on tape.......Play action goes to either Dez or Witten. Again its on the coaches to see TWill one on one, and really very close to Dez and the Free Saftey who is able to double them both until the ball is in the air......Tony in gunslinger mode is going to come out of playaction and go to Dez---who the media has been saying all training camp is "so good, you just throw it up there for him to go get it"..............

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I understand that but does Romo? His mind says I can still make impossible throws but clearly his body can't.

Again no one is making those throws into the coverage that Dez had on him, if there are 3 guys around Dez then someone else is open. OL did a good job for the most part of protecting. Yes 9ers did get some pressure but when you face good teams they will win some of the battle but by and large Romo had time, he made poor reads. Zip had nothing to do with it

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Again no one is making those throws into the coverage that Dez had on him, if there are 3 guys around Dez then someone else is open. OL did a good job for the most part of protecting. Yes 9ers did get some pressure but when you face good teams they will win some of the battle but by and large Romo had time, he made poor reads. Zip had nothing to do with it

That specific play was doomed more to accuracy but we've all seen passes completed in tight coverage that most would say should have never been attempted.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That specific play was doomed more to accuracy but we've all seen passes completed in tight coverage that most would say should have never been attempted.

He accurately put it where he should never have thrown it to begin with. Dez had 3 guys around him, T. William was open Tony failed to see it he made the wrong read and threw it anyways that is on him. I don't expect him to continue to do that last year he was very good about avoiding it. I don't make excuses because of missed practice I expect a vet QB to make the right read and when nothing is there throw it away.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Revival...shall we gather at the river?

I'm partial to water, living on the coast.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Don't get excited Angus... Gimme knows that's was tongue in cheek at him.....

Yes, tongue in cheek. At first I had my doubts, but after worrying about it, I concluded that he was just playing wit me. Still there is this pandora of doubt flying in the back of my haid.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Too late, it half exploded.
To think that in the wreckage of the last game that his defenders are still defending the undefendable for doing the undefendable is undefendable.

Now the poor mans and womans of Farmers Branch half to pick up the remants of my big brains because your defending this rich gunslinger who dont deserve defending.
I am stunned that some still will do it but I will put that in the back burner near the leftover grits.

Jerra, bless your heart you try hard, but your extending of romo's contract might be your biggest blunder yet, making Quincy and Carp and Shante Carver seem like small potatoes that they were.

Do not respond no more, you make me think you know less than me.

Actually I have seen no one defend Romo's play in the last game.

What I've seen is illogical people act like he plays like that all the time or even more than once or twice a year.

You do realize even most successful pro athletes have sporadic bad games in which they vow to "get better". Actually no you don't realize that in this case so nevermind.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Well then let me refresh your memory, often times Dez had the defenders beat but he had to stop and come back to defend the ball. Tons of opportunities wasted. TO had the benefit of an earlier version of Romo who would often hit him in stride, Dez is stuck with leftovers. Talk about wasting somebody's career....

Sadly Romo's knows a little too much about that. :banghead: