Let us correct a new meme

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Actually I have seen no one defend Romo's play in the last game.

What I've seen is illogical people act like he plays like that all the time or even more than once or twice a year.

You do realize even most successful pro athletes have sporadic bad games in which they vow to "get better". Actually no you don't realize that in this case so nevermind.

Again, I do not endorse the concept that one bad game equal a career.
What I do say is that the 49er game follows a pattern. Bad decisions, bad thows and one more game in which Romo say he half to do better. been there done that. I am tired of that pattern of games and pressers. He half great stats. But dinky passes do not make a great quaterback. How many times half he thown a bad pass and we go home for the playoffs. How many time do he thow into double and triple coverage? How many times do we miss the playoffs? How many time do we worry about the parts of the team when in the crucial moment Romo's mind shut down?
Nein, bad games is not the point. Bad games that follow a pattern is. I wish you would learn that distinction.
I wish he were Tom Brady (yes, he half a so-so, even bad game the other day but count his playoff victories, county his Super Bowl rings) or a Wilson (who half more playoff wins in one year than Romo half in a career) or a Drew Brees (yes, his team lost Sunday but again, count his playoff wins and his Super Bowl ring).

Calll me illogical, call me irresponsible. Call me to Jesus. Call me ill informed. I just calll it like I see it: A gifted QB who does us no good in the long run. One who after all these years will thow into double and triple coverage. One who now (maybe a new pattern) is thowing behind and below his receivers. (cue in "The Battle Hymn of the Republican"). As I stand here in my Buc-ees pajamas two days after our igno . . . ignimo . . . our bad defeat at the hands of an undermanned 49ers crew, slighted by you as illogican, I still stand by my premise that Romo's act has gotten so old, very few will defend him. But they do defend him. I will not call their actions illogical. Nay, I will call them sentimental and loyal and optimistic. yet I half to tell my fellow Forumites that IT IS THE PATTERN of fail-yah that distrube me. Disturbs me more than the lady who snore at the library near the computers. His pattern of not thinking. Now with a bad back and still with bad decsions. So I say unto you, call me illogical but do not say it with malice in yo heart cause I respect you and even the Romo loyalists. I just do not respect what Romo half become: a second tier QB as evidence by the pattern, not the game. (cue out "Battle hum of the Republican").

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Actually I have seen no one defend Romo's play in the last game.

What I've seen is illogical people act like he plays like that all the time or even more than once or twice a year.

You do realize even most successful pro athletes have sporadic bad games in which they vow to "get better". Actually no you don't realize that in this case so nevermind.

You imply that Romo is "successful"?
I would not. Why do you imply he is off that ilk of successful athletes?
What heights half he reached? How many playoff wins do he half? Sucessful? Jerra is successful at making money. Tom Brady is successful at winning Super Bowls. Meriwether is successful at making money and talking. What success half Tony achieved. Tell me because i would really like to no.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Mans, womans, beleaguered fans, wards of the courts and astute football analists:

I half been reading in that thoughtful manner I half and half been considering all the viewpoints about Tony Romo, eternal gunslinger, who, as he half told us many times "has to do better."

One thing that half stopped me cold is his defenders admonishing the nonbelievers that one game does not define Romo. They is correct. One game (Sunday's) does not define Romo.

It half been his whole career in Dallas that define him. He thows into doublel and triple coverage. He half 5 pix days and he tells us in the press conference that he will correct things and, as usual, that he has to do better. But he doesn't and he regresses.

So to repeat: one game against the 49ers does not define Romo. It is his whole frigging career in Dallas that half defined him. He will never take us to another playoff game. He will never be as good and as consistent as Danny White. He does not learn the basics of not thowing into a herd of defenders. He is just a walkon QB that has showed us why he was undrafted and now has victimized a proud team.

I just wanted to get that off my astute and voluminous mind before it explode.

Your attempt at humor has grown VERY stale over the YEARS. Try putting on your big boy pants for a change.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I recall a lot of QB who will put the ball up for their star WR to go get it. Even Aikman to Irvin. As for ints his career total are not bad heck Peyton over the same time period threw more and his little brother has put up a boat load compared to as Gimme puts a walk on compared to a 1st rounder. Romo had a bad game I have made no mistake and have put it squarely on him but this non sense of some gets to be too funny after a while.

Hold on here....you are comparing 3 QBs with Superbowl rings and numerous playoff wins to a QB with 1....I say that again ONE playoff win in his entire career.....lets not talk about choking in big games............I like ROMO but he is who is... no matter what flavor Kool Aid you are drinking..... Sooner than later people will understand ROMO is a QB that needs to be managed...not given the rings to run it his way.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Your attempt at humor has grown VERY stale over the YEARS. Try putting on your big boy pants for a change.

OK. But it is creepy to think that you are thinking about my pants.
Do not ever think you half to read nothing I write. The very fact that you half to chime in and say bad things about me say that you are a bitter mans. More fiber in your diet and a smile upon your handsim face would do wonders for you.
Keep in touch, mein bitter friend. (I am kidding about keeping in touch)

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Yes, tongue in cheek. At first I had my doubts, but after worrying about it, I concluded that he was just playing wit me. Still there is this pandora of doubt flying in the back of my haid.

Good.....let the doubts and possibilities guide you in your future writings.:D

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Speaking of gunslinger, in Favre's first 8 seasons (not counting 1 game as a Falcon, where he threw 2 picks), he has 139 INT's vs. 235 TD's.

In Romo's first 8 seasons as a starter (not counting last week), he has 101 INT's vs. 208 TD's.

Why is Favre so heralded? I guess his 2 Super Bowl appearances makes all the difference.