Let's Back The Dak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So we should be thrilled about missing receivers that are wide open on a consistent basis? Not reading the defense and taking sacks when we just can't take sacks? Yes, the kid as a knack for winning games and he never quits. He's a great guy. Yep, I agree. I am just not thrilled with him. You never know what you're going to get when he throws the ball. It could be great, it could not. Are there worse QB's? Yep. Are there better? Yep. He's ok but I am not thrilled. If that makes me a troll...well, let me know because Lowes has green paint on sale.

During our 5 game win streak he is leading the NFL in completion percentage.

If he had NO intangibles he would be an average QB. But he has all the intangibles and then some. Did you see him leading the troops in the 4th quarter and OT? Pulling them together? Probably too busy talking about a missed pass in the 2nd quarter to notice.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"In the 4th", where most teams get their backups.

Exactly. It has allowed us to gather the players that we have now. LVE, Cooper, ect....ect...... If we dont have a QB then we are either using those picks or selling the farm to get one this year. And then he has to be developed. And we have to pray.

foofighters

Reaction score
During our 5 game win streak he is leading the NFL in completion percentage.

If he had NO intangibles he would be an average QB. But he has all the intangibles and then some. Did you see him leading the troops in the 4th quarter and OT? Pulling them together? Probably too busy talking about a missed pass in the 2nd quarter to notice.
Hey, that's neat that you think he's the most bestest, more gooder QB ever. I deal in the middle of the road. He's alright but far from great.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
So we should be thrilled about missing receivers that are wide open on a consistent basis? Not reading the defense and taking sacks when we just can't take sacks? Yes, the kid as a knack for winning games and he never quits. He's a great guy. Yep, I agree. I am just not thrilled with him. You never know what you're going to get when he throws the ball. It could be great, it could not. Are there worse QB's? Yep. Are there better? Yep. He's ok but I am not thrilled. If that makes me a troll...well, let me know because Lowes has green paint on sale.

I take someone who knows how to win more than any other QB out there. Some QBs have the best stats in the world. Yet can't win or just choke at the end. Dak is a winner. I'd rather go with that than anything else. Stats mean nothing if you don't win.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love him or "hate" him (I hate when people say hater btw)

He's here this year and forseeable future.
He's a quality young man.
He's tough as nails.
He's clutch.
He's winning games any which way.
He has the team ballin to back him up.

I've had many complaints but right now we're on the cusp of playoffs and he's our guy. The off-season will be the time for decisions. Right now let's enjoy this ride and Back The Dak!

How can any Cowboy fan support the 1 player holding us back from Superbowl # 6 and 7 as our team shows great promise.....sorry bud I'll pass on Bus driving,fumbling,non-accurate,Panic driven,weak pocket presence,Sack King DAK.....

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I like Dak. I’m baffled at his fanboys that can’t accept that he’s a bottom third starter, but I think he’s “good enough” as long as he cleans up the fumbles and stops taking foolish sacks. The problem with Dak will be if we overpay him. This formula only works if you surround him with a great RB, an elite WR, a great D, and some good role players.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The problem is you guys keep on disbelieving in him, yet he keeps proving y'all wrong.

I believed in him in 2016 and 2017, but started to worry about his accuracy in 2017. This year has been up and down for him. I think the problem is some of you lovers and some of the haters see things in black and white when things are shades of grey. Dak has some great traits and he has some major flaws as well. The way some of you lovers think is that when we win it is all on Dak and when we lose it is all on everyone else. The way I saw the last game is that we won it because of our defense, Zeek and Coop. Dak had his moments but he also had his bad moments in the game. I see Coop more of the hero than Dak being Clutch.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I hope some folks are prepared for Prescott's contract they are dreading because it is coming. It has been coming since late October 2016. It is December 2018. There has been way more than enough time for anyone to have gotten a personal grip on their own concerns and anxieties about it but...
I suggest a new forum of psychological support or safe room

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I believed in him in 2016 and 2017, but started to worry about his accuracy in 2017. This year has been up and down for him. I think the problem is some of you lovers and some of the haters see things in black and white when things are shades of grey. Dak has some great traits and he has some major flaws as well. The way some of you lovers think is that when we win it is all on Dak and when we lose it is all on everyone else. The way I saw the last game is that we won it because of our defense, Zeek and Coop. Dak had his moments but he also had his bad moments in the game. I see Coop more of the hero than Dak being Clutch.
No, you're just in denial. Plain and simple.

You know what? Just stay off the Dak bandwagon. It's better that way for everyone. Just be true to yourself . You hate Dak. We get it.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Dak != Dallas Cowboys. Winning hides issues, he needs to prove himself by leading this team to success in playoff.

Blake

Reaction score
How can any Cowboy fan support the 1 player holding us back from Superbowl # 6 and 7 as our team shows great promise.....sorry bud I'll pass on Bus driving,fumbling,non-accurate,Panic driven,weak pocket presence,Sack King DAK.....

Such an overly simplistic narrative you weave there, Poopy. I have to say, I'm not surprised.

Nav22

Reaction score
I understand being wary that the early season Dak will come back. For the most part, he wasn’t playing well this season before the Cooper trade.

But holy hell, he’s been VERY good since the Cooper trade... and yet his detractors have given him ZERO credit for it.

You cannot reason with people like that.

The OP means well but this thread is pointless. Everyone here who loves the Cowboys and roots for their success should already be rooting for Dak to be an absolute stud for many years to come. He’s our starting QB and, oh yeah, we’re about to win our 2nd division title in 3 years with him!

But it’s clear from the dialogue here that there’s a large faction of Cowboys fans actively rooting for Dak to fail. Making excuses to strip him of credit whenever he has any success at all. Magnifying mistakes to the 1,000th degree.

Romo dealt with clowns like that too.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
The dude is a winner and fun to watch. Only a mope wouldn't love him, a mope/mouthbreather with an agenda