Let's Back The Dak

foofighters

Reaction score
Its only the trolls that dont like this kid. Anyone that understand QB play and offense would be thrilled to get this kid in the 4th round.
So we should be thrilled about missing receivers that are wide open on a consistent basis? Not reading the defense and taking sacks when we just can't take sacks? Yes, the kid as a knack for winning games and he never quits. He's a great guy. Yep, I agree. I am just not thrilled with him. You never know what you're going to get when he throws the ball. It could be great, it could not. Are there worse QB's? Yep. Are there better? Yep. He's ok but I am not thrilled. If that makes me a troll...well, let me know because Lowes has green paint on sale.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope some folks are prepared for Prescott's contract they are dreading because it is coming. It has been coming since late October 2016. It is December 2018. There has been way more than enough time for anyone to have gotten a personal grip on their own concerns and anxieties about it but...

Both Jerry and Stephen knows this too and have factored in to their cap plans. They have indicated that they will not be offering up Matt Ryan or Rodgers money but I do think they have a contract in mind that will fit in. We will see.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I see no reason not to root for him. He's ours. The front office said so. We need him to succeed. Let's stop pretending that he's the worst to ever play the position. He has flaws and room for improvement. There's no logical reason to believe that he won't.
Thank you! That's exactly my approach. He isn't going anywhere for quite some time, and there's no better replacement sitting on the bench. I truly think he'll grow to be a quality QB and maybe, someday, most here will appreciate him.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
So we should be thrilled about missing receivers that are wide open on a consistent basis? Not reading the defense and taking sacks when we just can't take sacks? Yes, the kid as a knack for winning games and he never quits. He's a great guy. Yep, I agree. I am just not thrilled with him. You never know what you're going to get when he throws the ball. It could be great, it could not. Are there worse QB's? Yep. Are there better? Yep. He's ok but I am not thrilled. If that makes me a troll...well, let me know because Lowes has green paint on sale.
I feel your pain. Watching him play is sometimes like being on the world's scariest roller coaster. That said, I'll root for him to get better. No choice, really.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I genuinely like Dak. As a player and a regular dude. I yell at him on my TV screen to make a play, I curse him when he fumbles or takes an unneeded sack. LOL. That said, he is just lacking in some key areas of his game. Most of these were specified in his scouting reports. One thing that he has dramatically improved on over the past five weeks, that I was unsure if he ever would, is making faster reads. I slow play replays and noticed against the Eagles, he was making multiple reads before he even sets in the pocket. This is a good sign! He is progressing again. That said, he still seems to choke when throwing to a wide open receiver. It's like he over thinks it. I think it's a mental thing. And he still needs to improve on feeling the pocket develop around him.

Staubacher

Reaction score
tenor.gif
Haha. Well done not quoting that line here lol

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If Dak wins a Super Bowl or 2 next 3 years. Does he pass Romo on the all time Cowboy Qb list..

Paradox

Reaction score
I'll always back our players. From T.O. to Romo to Sean Lee to Vander Esch to Dak to Greg friggin' Hardy. I also reserve the right to scream obscenities towards them when the situation calls for it!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is the real deal. Born and raised a Cowboys fan. He even would post on the old forums years ago when he was younger. He's one of us. He feels our pain, and he bleeds royal/naby blue, silver and white. He's an outstanding young man both on and off the field, and he's a big time dual-threat who is only getting better. He's a fighter, a warrior, and he steps it up as the pressure builds. A leader who leads by example and fights to correct his mistakes and improve his game. What's not to like? Glad he's our QB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
IMO, I like Dak Prescott. As folks have said, he makes mistakes, he doesn't always throw a perfect pass, but the guy just wins. He finds a way to win and you have to appreciate that. I have no clue who or what Dak really is until everything I've mentioned is resolved. Things like coaching, etc. No one really knows. Take Prescott and move him to the Rams or NE or Kansas City, then we'll know if he's trash/average or great.

Hard to completely judge a QB unless he has the tools to succeed.

Pants

Reaction score
Love Dak the person
Love Dak the leader
Like Dak the quarterback
Dak has room for improvement (obviously) and I doubt his decision making unless he is under the gun. A non-scripted Dak is pretty good.

I will back-the-Dak until there is no Dak to back

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It's been an up and down season for me with Dak. I'm pretty much resigned to that he has next season to prove himself. This last time, well, I try not to say anything bad about the QB after a win. But some of the Daksters take things too far and start talking about him as if he is the MVP, distorting things by failing to mention all the facts that it somewhat gets to me and I feel I have to say something. I also see that many of us see the games from different points of view, whereas some saw dak being clutch in the last game, other of us saw him as the reason we went from a dominating performance into a overtime game, and we were hoping he didn't do something to mess it up, fearing another fumble or interception.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If Dak wins a Super Bowl or 2 next 3 years. Does he pass Romo on the all time Cowboy Qb list..

He's not going to do it in the current state he is in. That last game, the way we played, is not going to get you a win in January.