Let's face it, we know nothing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So you think Jerry is a good GM?

He is as long as he lets people like McCray and others do their jobs. I don't have an issue with Jerry making the final call and being held accountable but to me it comes down to him listening to those he has hired to do their jobs and advise. I think there is quite a bit of talent on this team and I think they are a capable team.

scottsp

Reaction score
One report says we like DJ Moore and would take him at 19. Another says we pick Sutton over Moore and Ridley, while yet another says we would trade up to 14 for Ridley. Some say we're likely to trade for ET, and others say we're not.

Let's face it: no one knows ANYTHING! And that's the way it should be...all sorts of misinformation being spread to confuse other teams. All I know is, the draft can't get here soon enough!

Truest thing ever mentioned on this or any other forum. None of us will ever do this for a living; with the utility being the excitement of watching it all play out. This is a great time for the dratniks!

Enjoy, everyone!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I told you. The GM builds the roster. We have a good roster. No way is he horrible.

Ok ........ so PJTHEDOORS thinks Jerry Jones is a good GM.

Thanks .......... after 22 failed seasons .......... Jerry is a good GM

/thread

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He is as long as he lets people like McCray and others do their jobs. I don't have an issue with Jerry making the final call and being held accountable but to me it comes down to him listening to those he has hired to do their jobs and advise. I think there is quite a bit of talent on this team and I think they are a capable team.

22 years ........ have not made it past the first round of playoffs with 6 different coaches and staffs ........ only one constant.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ok ........ so PJTHEDOORS thinks Jerry Jones is a good GM.

Thanks .......... after 22 failed seasons .......... Jerry is a good GM

/thread

I am talking about our roster now and the last few seasons of building our roster. Not the past 22 seasons. If you want horrible, ok, we have a horrible team because our GM built it. I don't agree.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Opinions you mean. That’s all mock drafts are,possible scenarios or personal “draft this guy” wish lists.....and to be quite frank? Our guys Dave,and Dan,and Broaddus do a far better,and more thorough analysis than anyone else can. A lot of media actually take their talking points from them I’ve been noticing. Can’t say I blame them though....Dan and Dave are badass at breaking down players,needs and draft scenarios. They can run my draft anytime.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am talking about our roster now and the last few seasons of building our roster. Not the past 22 seasons. If you want horrible, ok, we have a horrible team because our GM built it. I don't agree.

Thank you ....... I already got your answer ....... no more explaining needed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
22 years ........ have not made it past the first round of playoffs with 6 different coaches and staffs ........ only one constant.

and over the course of that time, Jerry has not always listened. I think over the last few years I have seen very good talent being brought in and do not feel this team is that far off.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They are keeping it close to the vest. In case someone they really want falls another team won’t grab him so we don’t. Hoping a big run on WR and QBs early. Save us some quality at LB and DT.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So by your account, we have a horrible roster. No more explaining needed.

When a bad GM's team in the last 8 years goes 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 13-3, 9-7 ........ they are gonna have a lot of high draft picks ala "talent"

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
In this draft ,, you are right.
There are 3 teams that hold 2 first round picks...
The Browns
The Bills
The Pats.
They all have the potential to draft a QB, and other teams will want to trade up as well.
This draft has the potential of being a franchise QB feeding frenzy, and the more teams that move up to take a stab the better off the Cowboys are at staying put.
Makes 19 more valuable.