Let's give Garrett credit

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I heard mentioned that Garrett wasn't noticed and that was a good thing. I'll disagree to an extent. He made one of the most critical decisions in the game today.

That time out when we had 12 men on the field kept the Giants from putting points on the board and possibly swinging the momentum their way. It's a small thing but it was on point and critical to the direction of the game, IMO.
I gotta' agree with you on that one, and that head coach for the gnats was verifiably livid over it ,too
:lmao:

:thumbup:You Rock ,J G:thumbup:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You don't know how much Garrett is involved with what they are putting in place through out the week. I love it when we have a bad game I have no doubt Garrett will be to blame but win and Garrett the HC has nothing to do with it? LOL you guys are funny, clueless but funny

This is the most clueless fan base in sports. I do agree with you that it's funny.

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t trust him. I saw a lot of potential throws with a better secondary would have been intercepted. It’s way too loose for him every week.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
giphy.gif
* I'd reckon he's channeling certain shades from that
" Outlaw Josy Whales" feller, with that pre-pistol fight spittin' action:lmao:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is the most clueless fan base in sports. I do agree with you that it's funny.

If he fails then he will likely get fired but it is pathetic to see him blamed for any failure yet any positives are someone else. He is HC the players failure is his failure, the assistant coaches and coordinators failure is his failure but by the same token this teams success are his success

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I will give him credit when I see him holding a Lombardi.

He has been here for 12 years ........ been head coach since 2010 .......... its time for the process to bear some fruit ...... we have been patient enough.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Lol. Garret was dressed down by Jerruh after last season's debacle. He knows his place.
You mean when the team went 7-1 to close the regular season or rolled over the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Getting dressed down is what happens at 3-5. Not the end of the season on the road in the playoffs. He was probably given a tangible progress step he has to achieve but that's not exactly getting dressed down.

He appears to have things going in the right direction 1 game in. 18 more to go

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I will give him credit when I see him holding a Lombardi.

He has been here for 12 years ........ been head coach since 2010 .......... its time for the process to bear some fruit ...... we have been patient enough.

True ultimately it comes down to winning a championship.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
If he fails then he will likely get fired but it is pathetic to see him blamed for any failure yet any positives are someone else. He is HC the players failure is his failure, the assistant coaches and coordinators failure is his failure but by the same token this teams success are his success

It's usually the fans that don't even watch the game. They just enjoy coming to a Cowboy board to troll and *****. Hell 90% of them are probably just fans from another team that like stirring the pot.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I heard mentioned that Garrett wasn't noticed and that was a good thing. I'll disagree to an extent. He made one of the most critical decisions in the game today.

That time out when we had 12 men on the field kept the Giants from putting points on the board and possibly swinging the momentum their way. It's a small thing but it was on point and critical to the direction of the game, IMO.
That's why we have an OC and a DC, so Garrett is free to manage the big picture. At least that's how it's supposed to work. I'm just glad he wasn't able to challenge that "in the grasp" call.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
For not handcuffing Moore's play calling. Some of you may think I'm joking, but in this case I'm not. It's not easy for a HC to sit back and let another coach call plays, especially a rookie OC. Let's see if he holds him back in a closer game.

Garrett's greatest move is letting someone else be the OC. Not the greatest endorsement for your HC who was OC for years.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
the team has talent, can Garrett utilize it well.

Today was a great win for him, but hes done great wins. hes gotta put it all together.