Let's give Garrett credit

Blake

Reaction score
You mean when the team went 7-1 to close the regular season or rolled over the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Getting dressed down is what happens at 3-5. Not the end of the season on the road in the playoffs. He was probably given a tangible progress step he has to achieve but that's not exactly getting dressed down.

He appears to have things going in the right direction 1 game in. 18 more to go

Garret's ineptitude prompted a locker room visit from the brass midway through last season. Trust me. He was dressed down.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Seriously I didn't even notice JG today, he could have probably called in and we wouldn't have missed a beat.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
What I find interesting is how similar JG and Moore are in terms of coaching. Both had one year of QB coach then got promoted to OC.

The difference is that you saw Moore know 10 times more than JG did when they both where in their 1st year. JG had to have help with running game and never really understood the running game not game flow for that matter.

Sucks that they wasted all those years with JG when today should show you the difference in talent level. Funny how the team is always better the less JG is involved with the details.

Don’t eat me wrong, Moore will struggle later in the year when he plays strong teams with weeks of film on him but he is WAY ahead of where Jg was.

stiletto

Reaction score
Garrett is the Queen Elizabeth of the Dallas Cowboys and it is better if that is true....

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This offense has been better with garrett garr involved before linehan, during linehans last days and now after. Garretts not a creative genius but he wasnt the main issue.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For not handcuffing Moore's play calling. Some of you may think I'm joking, but in this case I'm not. It's not easy for a HC to sit back and let another coach call plays, especially a rookie OC. Let's see if he holds him back in a closer game.

After today's results JG should sit back and...

source.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Name some. I'm curious.
A few prominent ones would be Bill Belichick and Doug Peterson. Jimmy Johnson wasn’t a coordinator. You can do your own research if you want more names.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You don't know how much Garrett is involved with what they are putting in place through out the week. I love it when we have a bad game I have no doubt Garrett will be to blame but win and Garrett the HC has nothing to do with it? LOL you guys are funny, clueless but funny

You'll be OK, you'll still get to watch him clap on the sidelines.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For not handcuffing Moore's play calling. Some of you may think I'm joking, but in this case I'm not. It's not easy for a HC to sit back and let another coach call plays, especially a rookie OC. Let's see if he holds him back in a closer game.

LOL........that is hilarious. Give Garrett credit for being finally kicked to the curb completely? As if Garrett had a choice in the matter? Jerry made it perfectly clear that Moore was to have his way with the offense.

If tonight didnt make you a little sad at how many years we wasted with the Garrett offensive horror show then you just werent paying attention.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But when they lose its his fault right..dude is 19 games over .500

did you notice anything different, modern, unpredictable, amazing about the offense tonight? Did anything about it remind of you Garretts offense?

No? Me neither.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
A few prominent ones would be Bill Belichick and Doug Peterson. Jimmy Johnson wasn’t a coordinator. You can do your own research if you want more names.

Bill Belicheck was coaching defensive players for many years before getting his chance in coaching. Jimmy Johnson had a history in the college ranks in coaching.

Garrett never did anything and was given the keys to the kingdom before learning how to coach.