Let's give Garrett credit

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
For not handcuffing Moore's play calling. Some of you may think I'm joking, but in this case I'm not. It's not easy for a HC to sit back and let another coach call plays, especially a rookie OC. Let's see if he holds him back in a closer game.

He had no choice in the matter, he is just a puppet and the Jones/s run the team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Only if Moore stays. lol

It's early but this could be a major question/issue at end of the season, especially if we make to the NFCCG. No question, Moore will get at least couple head coaching interviews and not damn thing Jerry can to stop him accept ......make him head coach of Cowboys.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I will not give JG credit. I just can not do it. Besides, I think he pulled in the reigns in the 4th. I wanted KM too pour it on.

:muttley::muttley::muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Belicheck was coaching defensive players for many years before getting his chance in coaching. Jimmy Johnson had a history in the college ranks in coaching.

Garrett never did anything and was given the keys to the kingdom before learning how to coach.
This is irrelevant to my post because the question wasn’t about resume, it was about job duties.

JMech

Reaction score
For not handcuffing Moore's play calling. Some of you may think I'm joking, but in this case I'm not. It's not easy for a HC to sit back and let another coach call plays, especially a rookie OC. Let's see if he holds him back in a closer game.

......yeah....no, let’s not. Okay?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:omg:

Cowboys22

Reaction score

So what does Garrett do then? Make practice schedules and decide when to call time outs? We have a head coach that has systematically had all his “product on the field” responsibilities stripped from him because he is inept and can’t produce playoff wins. There literally is now no reason to keep him around. All yesterday proved was that the Garrett era has been a total waste of talent and he is the sole reason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You'll be OK, you'll still get to watch him clap on the sidelines.

I know I will be OK, Do I want to see him have success? Yeah, his success will be the teams success and his failure the teams failure so do I want this team and him to see success? What fan wouldn't. Honestly that is all you think he does? lol
If he fails and is fired so be it but until then you bet I want to see him get this team over the hump

Alweezy

Reaction score
I will give him credit:

This entire offseason was a distraction, and the Cowboys first game could have reflected that. Yet the team came out focused and prepared and dominated. Garrett may not be a good X and O guy, but half the battle is mental too, and the team was ready to go. If his role now is just providing leadership, then even in that capacity, he is providing a positive benefit to this team.

jjktkk

Reaction score
If he fails then he will likely get fired but it is pathetic to see him blamed for any failure yet any positives are someone else. He is HC the players failure is his failure, the assistant coaches and coordinators failure is his failure but by the same token this teams success are his success
I understand the hate, but I don't think the Garratt haters on here realize they lose all credibility when they can't even give JG credit when credit is due for this game,

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I will give him credit:

This entire offseason was a distraction, and the Cowboys first game could have reflected that. Yet the team came out focused and prepared and dominated. Garrett may not be a good X and O guy, but half the battle is mental too, and the team was ready to go. If his role now is just providing leadership, then even in that capacity, he is providing a positive benefit to this team.

"providing a positive benefit for the team"

Its funny...........we almost have to get creative in ways to try and describe what Garrett actually does here. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I understand the hate, but I don't think the Garratt haters on here realize they lose all credibility when they can't even give JG credit when credit is due for this game,

What should Garrett get credit for?

Moore is the guy that deserves the big high fives. The changes he has brought to this offense were obvious all day long. And it wasnt just the disguise and design that was different, it was the way he called the game. Sprinkling in designed Dak runs when needed with play action and deep balls. Garrett has been heading this offense for the last 14 years and we have never seen anything like this.

Garrett doesnt touch this kid when it comes to offense. That much is pleasingly obvious.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
He's become unnecessary

I am not a fan of Garrett, but all you guys giving "Thumbs Up" to this "unnecessary" comment is an indication that none of you have ever played on a football team. Regardless of your opinion of Garrett, the head coach will always have an impact on the team. Garrett may be a hot mess, but his players like and respect him.